The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

I feel like the art isn't really suiting the kind of story they're trying to tell here. It's kinda difficult to read, especially the whole scorpion/turtle story which we've heard 1000 times. Also all the twitter posts at the end are too forced.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:11 PM   #22
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I heard you know who was in this issue, so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

This seems a lot more interesting now that Jennika is encountering
Spoiler:
Null and Zodi.
One of the things I haven't liked about Jennika is she almost always is still on her own, or doing solo things, and hasn't had a ton of time actively WITH the Turtles.

This is a step in the right direction for integrating the new character with aspects of the wider TMNT story that isn't just "Hey a whole bunch of new mutants in Mutant Town!"
It's interesting how both issues this week tackled Jennika's status as the latecomer to the family and how she, and those she comes across, handle that. Oh, and by the way, Zodi is fast becoming a joke given how relatively easily everyone and their mother can kick the crap out of her.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:07 AM   #23
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
It's interesting how both issues this week tackled Jennika's status as the latecomer to the family and how she, and those she comes across, handle that. Oh, and by the way, Zodi is fast becoming a joke given how relatively easily everyone and their mother can kick the crap out of her.
Well that's basically what happened with Hakk'r in the Trial of Krang arc, so it's not like it's a new trope even for this series.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Well that's basically what happened with Hakk'r in the Trial of Krang arc, so it's not like it's a new trope even for this series.
Dang, that's right. I knew there was some other character this had happened to before but I couldn't remember who. Been a while since we've seen that guy... I wonder if he'll ever pop up again?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:55 AM   #25
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

after rereading the mutanimals side story i'm wondering if hobs gonna go after null again or if he's fully consumed with mutant town. maybe with the news coverage ray or herman will tell him, after all he did make this vow.

one things for sure, there's a big confrontation coming to a head. it's been brewing and after the band arc i think it's gonna finally bubble over. that said is ivan starting to form a mutant mafia i wonder?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:13 AM   #26
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Full preview.
wrong thread.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #27
funatic
Mad Scientist

Finally read this tonight. Do you guys think there’s some significance to the woman Jennika saves in the street with the purple hair? I just found it interesting that we barely saw her face despite multiple panels and that it seemed like she was the one who tweeted “she saved me too” on the final page and that was the only username that was partially blocked out (it ended with “squared”). Anyone have any theories or am I thinking too hard about this minor character, lol.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:15 PM   #28
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Finally read this tonight. Do you guys think there’s some significance to the woman Jennika saves in the street with the purple hair? I just found it interesting that we barely saw her face despite multiple panels and that it seemed like she was the one who tweeted “she saved me too” on the final page and that was the only username that was partially blocked out (it ended with “squared”). Anyone have any theories or am I thinking too hard about this minor character, lol.
No, I noticed that too. My guess is that she’s intended to come up again as a way for Jennika’s positive ‘karma’ to pay off later.

I did ponder if she was someone specific. Still wondering about the ferrywoman/woman unmutating in the video from the first series.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #29
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I feel like the art isn't really suiting the kind of story they're trying to tell here. It's kinda difficult to read, especially the whole scorpion/turtle story which we've heard 1000 times. Also all the twitter posts at the end are too forced.
I really liked the tweets, I actually felt a bit of hope and inspiration after. Agreed, however, that the art was not strong enough to really convey feelings.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote