So did Casey just kill a Triceraton?
Spoiler:
Triceraton Flambé anyone?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #43
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He said to tie them together, so I would say "he's not dead yet" or "mostly dead". Pick your morbid moment a comedy to quote on that.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #44
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Did I miss something from the tie-ins? Apparently Casey and his dad are just cool with each other now?

I guess it's a contrast of sorts with what has happened between Splinter and the Turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Did I miss something from the tie-ins? Apparently Casey and his dad are just cool with each other now?

I guess it's a contrast of sorts with what has happened between Splinter and the Turtles.
Well, when you're fighting a 10ft 600lb triceratops commando from space, you'd be wise to team up with whoever is in the area... even if it includes your 'roided-up alcoholic abusive a$$hat of a dad.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post

The last time Hun appeared he was running dog betting shows and Leatherhead smashed his ring. He has nothing better to do.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #47
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I really love how cold Splinter is. He's treating his kids like allies, not family... and none of them are pleased with it.

Splinter's character arc since #50 has been astounding, and I can't wait to see how much further he goes!
Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's the most interesting take his character has gone on. Very curious how long it lasts, although I get the feeling Splinter will die around issue 100.

Bishop of course will likely turn back on mutants/Splinter, etc. as soon as the Triceraton threat is over. Still waiting for him to attack Burnow Island as well. I also like how former enemies like Baxter and Hun are becoming allies. Karai will likely be a rival to Splinter when she returns to NYC and Koya is probably going to get herself killed with her desire for vengeance.

Between that, and the Patheon still making plans from the sidelines, it's quite a lot.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think in one of the Tom Waltz interviews, he said a Purple Dragons story would follow this one. With Hun and Casey working together in this issue, I'd imagine it would center on that.

Given the pattern that this series goes through, it would be the "breather" story before going on to the next long haul.

Especially with this one being a VERY long haul.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #50
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's the most interesting take his character has gone on. Very curious how long it lasts, although I get the feeling Splinter will die around issue 100.

Bishop of course will likely turn back on mutants/Splinter, etc. as soon as the Triceraton threat is over. Still waiting for him to attack Burnow Island as well. I also like how former enemies like Baxter and Hun are becoming allies. Karai will likely be a rival to Splinter when she returns to NYC and Koya is probably going to get herself killed with her desire for vengeance.

Between that, and the Patheon still making plans from the sidelines, it's quite a lot.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this.

Old Hob and Baxter Stockman became allies... and now Hun is a reluctant ally. Fun times! (But IDW's Bishop will NEVER become an ally.)
Old 01-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Oh, and the next Universe arc is finally focusing on Null (at least from what we can tell), so she's featured there hopefully. As I said, I don't think Null will ever appear in the main ongoing.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Oh, and the next Universe arc is finally focusing on Null (at least from what we can tell), so she's featured there hopefully. As I said, I don't think Null will ever appear in the main ongoing.
We're getting Null in tiny little piecemeal chunks just like the Pantheon was doled out for the looooooooooooongest time. She'll probably become a bigger deal post #100.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All things considered...who else could die at 100?

It would work the best, especially if it means the return of the Dragon Lord on that issue. And he'd take over as Main Villain, possibly with his ambitions overshadowing "Technodrome 2: Electric Boogaloo"
Old 01-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
All things considered...who else could die at 100?

It would work the best, especially if it means the return of the Dragon Lord on that issue. And he'd take over as Main Villain, possibly with his ambitions overshadowing "Technodrome 2: Electric Boogaloo"
I'm thinking Splinter, Kitsune, and a resurrected Oroku Saki (Dragon Lord) all die in the last story arc ending in #100. Not necessarily all of them in #100 exactly, Splinter's death could be a #99 cliffhanger...
Old 01-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Koya will likely die, but who knows when. It seems her character was descending into madness in the back-ups in Universe. It seems she just wants to kill Leonardo, I don't think she will be spared.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #56
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Koya will likely die, but who knows when. It seems her character was descending into madness in the back-ups in Universe. It seems she just wants to kill Leonardo, I don't think she will be spared.
Eh, IDW doesn't kill characters unless they absolutely have to for the story (e.g. Oroku Saki, Krang).

Koya's gonna get over it at some point, probably. Or Karai becomes a big bad post #100, with Koya and Bludgeon (and Ocho) serving her loyally in her vendetta against Clan Hamato.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also completely forgot about Bebop/Rocksteady, they haven't appeared since the Renet time travel specials in 2016. They're in the Batman crossover but that's not canon. We haven't seen them in the main series in almost 2 years.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Also completely forgot about Bebop/Rocksteady, they haven't appeared since the Renet time travel specials in 2016. They're in the Batman crossover but that's not canon. We haven't seen them in the main series in almost 2 years.
Eh, I don't think we're going to see them again for awhile. Not outside Batman/TMNT II.

Although I'd love to see Bishop grab them both and remote-control them like he did Slash... those bruisers would be perfect WMDs for the EPF.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #59
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ain't no way Koya's getting it any time soon. She's not important enough. Just angry.

From the way things are being laid out, I would say #100 will end with the resurrection of the Dragon Lord and launch a whole new storyline. Everything else after the Purple Dragon break will just be the setting stones.

Casey would have to make final decisions with the Purple Dragons and April. Bishop will have to go to Burnow. Ch'rell might be revived during that time and there will probably be a Team Ch'rell/Team Ma'riell disaster when that's the last thing the Utroms need. Something happens with the Technodrome...but after that point up until maybe #97 where Kitsune might start making moves to take back Saki's skull is going to be a mystery.

The turtles might finally learn the Utroms connections to their creation (which, unlike the Triceratons, Krang DID initiate)

I think once the Dragon Lord comes around, he's going to stick around for a good while. They're not going to spend seven years building up to that point, only to beat it in three issues. The Dragon Lord is going to be a whole new ballgame of an enemy and he's not going to go down as quickly as Darius did.

Knowing Bebop and Rocksteady, they're probably horribly lost somewhere in South America. Or at least anywhere that isn't New York.
"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...
"We ARE in Kansas!"

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 01-11-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #60
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Ain't no way Koya's getting it any time soon. She's not important enough. Just angry.

From the way things are being laid out, I would say #100 will end with the resurrection of the Dragon Lord and launch a whole new storyline. Everything else after the Purple Dragon break will just be the setting stones.

Casey would have to make final decisions with the Purple Dragons and April. Bishop will have to go to Burnow. Ch'rell might be revived during that time and there will probably be a Team Ch'rell/Team Ma'riell disaster when that's the last thing the Utroms need. Something happens with the Technodrome...but after that point up until maybe #97 where Kitsune might start making moves to take back Saki's skull is going to be a mystery.

The turtles might finally learn the Utroms connections to their creation (which, unlike the Triceratons, Krang DID initiate)

I think once the Dragon Lord comes around, he's going to stick around for a good while. They're not going to spend seven years building up to that point, only to beat it in three issues. The Dragon Lord is going to be a whole new ballgame of an enemy and he's not going to go down as quickly as Darius did.

Knowing Bebop and Rocksteady, they're probably horribly lost somewhere in South America. Or at least anywhere that isn't New York.
"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...
"We ARE in Kansas!"
Heh!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMNT_Mattel_06.jpg (90.2 KB, 41 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote