The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Could OT April and Casey Jones had worked as an item if the series bothered?
yes 6 20.69%
no 13 44.83%
Only if they drastically changed their characters 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Well... not the old toon versions of them.. I mean in the Red Sky ep, there was hardly anything there. They just both wanted to save the turtles and Casey was the only muscle she could find.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #22
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

Quote:
She thought Bug Man was "an incrediable hunk" and was "actually having a thing" for him until she saw he was a gross bug. And she showed intrest and agreed to a date to the Dean...what ever his name was in Raphael Drives 'Em Wild
hm, what episodes/seasons where these flickers of romantic interest with April's, in? Was it anything big or was just superficial?
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Michealangelo Meets Bugman, had April check him out before he turned into a big bug thing. LOL I dunno the name of the taxi ep, but it was a Raph ep and has his name in the title.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #24
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

April acted pretty superficial in the bugman episode. She was all into him and thought he was attractive and there was some light flirting, but she was tottally turned off and repulsed when she found out he was half bug, and acted like a real bitch to him in his second appearance, even though he was still into her.

the other guy was a rich suave looking dude who she found attractive and was sweet to him and there was some light flirting. Actually I thought the Dean guy and April would have been a cool romance for her.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #25
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

She was a bitch to the guy huh? Was April one of those 80's, hard as nails, roaring feminists who hate all men on principle in the old show? I've heard alot of people comment that she was driven by her career in the 80's toon.
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 07-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

She didn't hate men per say, but she was obsessed with her job and too busy to care about finding a man. She was happy living single. And yes.. some women are actually happy living single. Hell, she was a heart throb redhead. Fact of the matter is, us kids that age didn't want her to have a man so she could remain 'ours'.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #27
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

April was more of a feminist in action than in word. She was hard working and capable and could do alot of things that girls tradinally couldn't do (except defend her self), but she wasn't one of those aggressive feminist carature where she was declaring that she was could do anything a man could ect.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

The farm

I would have like to see that Northampton, Massachusetts farm in the 1987 TMNT cartoon. Not many episodes (expect for the vacation in Europe and some season 4-6 stuff with solo adventures) were set outside New York City.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #29
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

I don't think they would've made a good couple because of their personality differences. Casey seemed to be doing something crazy most of the time while April was usually civilized.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #30
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
She didn't hate men per say, but she was obsessed with her job and too busy to care about finding a man. She was happy living single. And yes.. some women are actually happy living single. Hell, she was a heart throb redhead. Fact of the matter is, us kids that age didn't want her to have a man so she could remain 'ours'.
April was not a man hater in the old toon at all, she was just having a love affair with her career. And she not really a feminist character eighther, nothing in the show suggested she was all into burning her bra or doing reports on the average oppressed female. Actually in some ways April character was a bit anit-feminist because she was a damsel in distress sterotype, also that sort of made her a carature of a career woman because they made her rather insencetive and brass with people as if to say that woman who take up careers become cold and hard and calculating, with no feminine softness/kindness.

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 07-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #31
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

I wonder why when ever there is a woman who is career minded or really intelligent in shows she is always portrayed as being hard and heartless, or sarcastic and full of her self. I think thats why I like NT April she is a good fighter and a smart character who is very capable and has a career in who is a science but is also sweet and kind and even motherly sometimes. You don't see female characters that are like this with out having something negative or sterotypical tagged onto their personalites to make fun of them. From what I've been reading OT April was more of a parady of career that was designed to make fun of characters like her.
-Leo656

--------

Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #32
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

because it's a mens world
Old 07-20-2008, 06:58 AM   #33
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
I wonder why when ever there is a woman who is career minded or really intelligent in shows she is always portrayed as being hard and heartless, or sarcastic and full of her self. I think thats why I like NT April she is a good fighter and a smart character who is very capable and has a career in who is a science but is also sweet and kind and even motherly sometimes. You don't see female characters that are like this with out having something negative or sterotypical tagged onto their personalites to make fun of them. From what I've been reading OT April was more of a parady of career that was designed to make fun of characters like her.
Sometimes I think OT April gets too much of a bad rad. Sure she was often a damsel in distress and obsessed with her career. But she was also smart, brave, spunky, an incredible driver, and saved the Turtles dozens of times with her quick thinking and resourcefulness.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #34
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I agree truth be told OT April is my favorite version of April and I think its a shame that so many fans compare her so unfavorably with NT April. She may have been a carature of career woman back in the day but she certainly wasn't useless and had alot of good personality qualites that oldmanwinters pointed out. She did bail the turtles out on countless times and she can't even fight, one of my favorite aspects about April in the OT is how well she played off Splinter when they--a ninja master, teamed up together. They made a great team and acted together almost equally and she never got in his way. April was more than just a damsel in distress she was pretty tough and capable/self reliant in her in own way the predates the Laura Croft fighter girl prevalent in todays media.

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I agree truth be told OT April is my favorite version of April and I think its a shame that so many fans compare her so unfavorably with NT April. She may have been a carature of career woman back in the day but she certainly wasn't useless and had alot of good personality qualites that oldmanwinters pointed out. She did bail the turtles out on countless times and she can't even fight, one of my favorite aspects about April in the OT is how well she played off Splinter when they--a ninja master, teamed up together. They made a great team and acted together almost equally and she never got in his way. April was more than just a damsel in distress she was pretty tough and capable/self reliant in her in own way the predates the Laura Croft fighter girl prevalent in todays media.
True that! We need a list of all April's heroics in the old toon. Proving that you don't need to have a black belt to fight evil!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #36
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

it's not that people purposely compare OT April to NT April negatively per say, it's just by contrast NT April is an upgrade to April's character over all (to some people) NT April is rarely thrown over the shoulder of an enemy and carted off against her will while she pummels his back. It's a new era where girls aren't seen as weak, helpless, burdens that they where back in the day so NT April is written that way which makes todays fans like her more.

Just like Superman's Lois Lane from the recent cartoon series and comics is an upgrade from Lois Lane from the 40's. Lois Lane in the forties was a always getting her self into situations to get the scoop before Clarke (remind you of any one?) and she would always have to be saved by superman, in the most recent cartoon series Lois Lane still has to be rescued but she is alot more spunky and doesn't take crap from any one not even Superman. Just look at my signiture of a 1940's Lois Lane getting spanked by a superman robot and then being all meek about it the next day. Do you really think Lois Lane in the most recent cartoon serieswould have taken that? No, she would have smacked superman like it was no ones bussiness. And thats what fans today would like more.

Last edited by NameGoesHere1066; 07-22-2008 at 11:04 PM.
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #37
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
it's not that people purposely compare OT April to NT April negatively per se, it's just by contrast NT April is an upgrade to April's character over all (to some people) NT April is rarely thrown over the shoulder of an enemy and carted off against her will while she pummels his back. It's a new era where girls aren't seen as weak, helpless, burdens that they where back in the day so NT April is written that way which makes todays fans like her more.

Just like Superman's Lois Lane from the recent cartoon series and comics is an upgrade from Lois Lane from the 40's. Lois Lane in the forties was a always getting her self into situations to get the scoop before Clarke (remind you of any one?) and she would always have to be saved by superman, in the most recent cartoon series Lois Lane still has to be rescued but she is alot more spunky and doesn't take crap from any one not even Superman. Just look at my signiture of a 1940's Lois Lane getting spanked by a superman robot and then being all meek about it the next day. Do you really think Lois Lane in the most recent cartoon serieswould have taken that? No, she would have smacked superman like it was no ones bussiness. And thats what fans today would like more.
That signature is pretty unbelieveable, but OT April wasn't ever portrayed as meek. In fact, one might make the case that OT was actually more involved in the Turtles' adventures than NT April, who usually stays away from the action working at her antique store. NT April in general gets nervous when the Turtles want her to play a role in their plans, like her hesitation to get involved in the Search for Splinter episodes. She does come around and become more a team player, but OT April appeared in every single OT episode without exception. So I think her problem is that she simply doesn't know her limits and gets in over her head too much. NT April is smart enough to know when she's in a bad situation. OT April just forged ahead into danger without using discretion.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #38
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

I didn't mean to imply that OT April was meek--because she wasn't, I was just pointing out the diffrent ways female characters are potrayed due to the time frame, and how newer versions of the same character are portrayed better because of the times and changing views of how female characters should be handled. How many times did OT April get man handled or trussed up, or flung around like she was nothing? How often does April in the new toon get thrown over an enimies shoulder or tyed up? Not to often and if she did there would be an out cry of "oh, that's sooo sexiest April is always getting flung around like a rag doll!"

I'm not saying that OT April was actually weak but alot of things happened to at her expence making her appear ridculous, that rarely happens NT April because they treat her character a bit more seriously. Had the first ninja turtles cartoon happened in the forties, with all the times April takes things upon her self and gets kidnapped and mouthes off to the eniemies, April probably been back handed or been taken over the knee.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #39
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

NGH1066, you completely lost me. I really don't get what point you are trying to make. First you where talking about April in the 80's toon vs. April in the current cartoon, then you brought up Lois Lane. What does lois Lane getting spanked in a old comic issue have to do you 80's toon April?
-Leo656

--------

Old 04-08-2024, 06:43 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

All the recent revivals since 2012 pair them up together so yeah it seems like they retconned OT Casey being a thing with April. I mean any revival/crossover pretty much treats them like a couple and as if he were more than just a recurring ally that only appraed in like 8 episodes out of nearly 200

Last edited by sdp; 04-08-2024 at 06:50 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote