The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Does he suck?
Yes 4 10.26%
No 31 79.49%
No opinion 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I was intrigued by his taste in "art" seen in Season 4:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I wonder if that art is based on Sally Pride. Because it kind of looks like her.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

IDK, I liked him. He more competent and serious than Dogpound and Fishface, and unlike those two that suffered from 'nearly invincible the first time they fought the Turtles to complete push-overs', Tiger Claw remained a dangerous threat. He was never someone to just walk over. The Turtles would laugh at owning the other mutants but knew the joking stopped whenever Tiger Claw showed up.

Jetpack was probably a bit much though.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
IDK, I liked him. He more competent and serious than Dogpound and Fishface, and unlike those two that suffered from 'nearly invincible the first time they fought the Turtles to complete push-overs', Tiger Claw remained a dangerous threat. He was never someone to just walk over. The Turtles would laugh at owning the other mutants but knew the joking stopped whenever Tiger Claw showed up.

Jetpack was probably a bit much though.
I love the Jetpack.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

No. I do notice how neatoman constantly posts what he hates about every show non-stop though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No. I do notice how neatoman constantly posts what he hates about every show non-stop though.
Well this place can't quite be a circlejerk, can it? Otherwise nobody would think to re-evaluate their opinions.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #27
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder if that art is based on Sally Pride. Because it kind of looks like her.
Seeing as how the 2012 show was stuffed to the gills with references to other incarnations of TMNT, I'm pretty sure that it was the intention of the creators.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Seeing as how the 2012 show was stuffed to the gills with references to other incarnations of TMNT, I'm pretty sure that it was the intention of the creators.
My guess is that it's actually a throwback to vintage Playmates Toy concept art for an un-produced Catwoman April figure:
http://lavignebrownart.blogspot.com/.../catwoman.html

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #29
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I really liked Tigerclaw, but I hated the direction his character took. For instance, I was hoping he'd turn on Shredder once realizing how irrational and nuts he was and just go rogue and become more of a gray character...like Scorpion in the Mortal Kombat series. He's neither good nor bad and is somewhere in the middle. Him trying to resurect Shredder would've made more sense, imo, if it had been Rahzar...

I also wish they'd done more with him and Alopex. Felt like wasted potential.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:43 AM   #30
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I really liked Tigerclaw, but I hated the direction his character took. For instance, I was hoping he'd turn on Shredder once realizing how irrational and nuts he was and just go rogue and become more of a gray character...like Scorpion in the Mortal Kombat series. He's neither good nor bad and is somewhere in the middle. Him trying to resurect Shredder would've made more sense, imo, if it had been Rahzar...

I also wish they'd done more with him and Alopex. Felt like wasted potential.
That and how Donnie is the only Turtle he never initially encountered. He knew there were four turtles obviously and when he and Karai come across them they only see Leo, Raph, and Mikey. We don't know how much they overhead of the conversation the Turtles have after exiting the portal.

But their thoughts are likely "Okay, one of them has been dealt with. We will take care of these three. The remaining one if he is still alive will be of little consequence."

It would have been good to have TC sense something from Donatello that was different from the other turtles or. Perhaps in a situation where the Turtles are captured Donnie could address and talk to TC like he's a person. After all T.C. has been used and seen as a monster and a weapon since he was mutated. Being talked to like you are actually somebody could have an impact.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #31
Cake-Monster85
Banned

I like TigerClaw... never read that IDW comic tho!
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #32
Rabbit Kraken Zeo
Random Punk

I want to be the one to say that I absolutely loved Tiger Claw. I'll go even further by saying that because of the fact he was introduced in the series for 2012 that I was fascinated by his personality and loyalty to shredder as well as his rivalry with the turtles as the show went on. I'll take it another step by saying that because I enjoyed the way he was on screen; added him to one of my wrestling games to enjoy whenever.

The most important detail however is the fact that a character that I up until that point before his introduction wasn't prepared for his debut that I was blown away so much and instantly became a fan of the character and I feel like I am so glad they showed me such a personality in a turtles universe.

In conclusion He is AWESOME (to me at least).

You seem like a noble leader. Will you join me on my quest to Nidavellir?

Ah, let me just ask the captain. Oh, wait a second, it's me! Yeah. I'll go.
Rabbit Kraken Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:23 PM   #33
mrmaczaps
Banned

What if IDW has Shredder mutated and he becomes Tiger Claw? But with amnesia...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:44 PM   #34
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Tiger Claw, if he ever came back, would probably betray Shredder halfway through the show or something. He wouldn't die, still be an obstacle for the turtles, and then just leave.

I like him as a concept but as is typical for a children's cartoon, Tiger Claw can never actually "win". I don't think he sucks but he can certainly be done better.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:55 PM   #35
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I personally loved Tiger Claw. And he's my second favorite second-in-command to The Shredder, next to Karai, of all time (sorry Tatsu, down to #3). I loved any time Tiger Claw was in an episode. I thought he had a great "gravitas" and command in trying to capture or destroy the turtles. And he was threatening when fighting them. I also really enjoyed the music when he came on screen to fight. He worked a whole lot better for me than Bebop and Rocksteady did in the 1987 original cartoon series anyway. He was also my favorite brand new created character from the 2012 Nick cartoon.