The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #21
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerpJerp View Post
At first I'm like hmmm...Then I'm like, I need that black ranger turtle now
Sure would be an interesting addition to a TMNT collection as someone who doesn't really collect or care about power rangers. but, the turtles and shredder look really cool in this universe.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #22
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Sure would be an interesting addition to a TMNT collection as someone who doesn't really collect or care about power rangers. but, the turtles and shredder look really cool in this universe.
The Green Ranger Shredder will be the most sought-after figure of the set. I’m thinking that the Casey Jones and April 2-pack will be the peg warmers.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:29 PM   #23
JerpJerp
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Exaaaaaaactly.

Come to think of it. These look like a classic vintage turtle size figure. If they have that elbow articulation and maybe some knee, ankle, shoulder and barbels galore, it might be a test run for TMNT "Origins style". Ooooo-lala. Like how Mattel did the Masters of the WWE universe before Origins. A litttttle sneaky test.

Last edited by JerpJerp; 02-18-2021 at 08:52 PM.
JerpJerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #24
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

I'll take any version of the turtles from this series, as just ninja turtles or ranger turtles. Could care less in copping any of the rangers. Dnt collect them
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:21 PM   #25
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Why do the morphed TMNT look like turtles? Power Rangers canon dictates they take the shape of the suit regardless of their body shape:
https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-12-2016/qzj5By.gif
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-06-2017/poF-V_.gif
Because back in the day the US has to try and use Japanese footage so no matter what the US filmed characters looked like, they morphed into the same shape cause that’s the footage they had to work with.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:12 PM   #26
j3h
Hench Mutant

On April 9th, Hasbro is having an online fan fest on their youtube channel that will feature new product reveals for all their lines, including power rangers. It is possible that we may get more info (or if we’re lucky, a first look) about this crossover set then.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:34 PM   #27
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Because back in the day the US has to try and use Japanese footage so no matter what the US filmed characters looked like, they morphed into the same shape cause that’s the footage they had to work with.
The Japanese versions did the same thing, though. The Mighty Morphin' White Ranger was just a little kid in the Japanese version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz7CO_7tcDM

So it actually doesn't matter if it's the Japanese continuity or the American continuity, in both it's canon that morphing changes your body to look a specific way.

Oh, ya, and let's not forget Doggie Kruger. He's an anthro dog, but when he morphs, his physical form changes. Otherwise, his helmet would account for his snout. You can't even blame this on the footage, either, because they didn't use any Japanese footage for his anthro dog form.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doggiekruger.jpg (21.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Tuxedo Moroboshi; 03-16-2021 at 09:43 PM. Reason: forgot about Doggie Kruger
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:13 PM   #28
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

I called this back when they made the batman vs TMNT toys, saw an ad for power rangers TMNT and was like "Crap, if Hasbro does as good as DCC on the tmnt figs that'll be another set I need to pick up"

im not even much of a power rangers fan but the thought of having ranger turtle toys is interesting, curious if theyll do regular turtles as well or just the ranger suits

I imagine this one will probably sell substantially better than the batman ones, everyone who collects power rangers with any interest in turtles can have a nice transition effect on display with these in between, as well as power ranger completists that have to have all ranger forms. Then on top of that they're going to be interesting attention pieces in their own right as well. Batman though I really liked the figures were still just plain turtles that dont really have any hint of what they are if you're uninitiated
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:40 PM   #29
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Ninja Turtle / Power Ranger figures is such a slap in the face of pure childhood.

Insane.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #30
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Ninja Turtle / Power Ranger figures is such a slap in the face of pure childhood.

Insane.
you say that like it is a bad thing lol
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #31
mikey0
Foot Elite

The TMNT/MMPR figures have an August 1st release date: https://mobile.twitter.com/Lightning...31866796560390
Old 06-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #32
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Green Ranger Shredder will be the most sought-after figure of the set. I’m thinking that the Casey Jones and April 2-pack will be the peg warmers.
Casey Jones has not been confirmed, right? So far just speculation, wishes, and best guesses?

We can safely assume 5 of the six slots are the 4 turtles (probably in the ranger outfits, hopefully with unhelmeted alt heads) and pink ranger April. The sixth slot could easily be foot soldier Tommy or a horribly under scaled Turtle mechazord?

Green ranger shredder is his own separate single figure.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #33
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Casey Jones has not been confirmed, right? So far just speculation, wishes, and best guesses?

We can safely assume 5 of the six slots are the 4 turtles (probably in the ranger outfits, hopefully with unhelmeted alt heads) and pink ranger April. The sixth slot could easily be foot soldier Tommy or a horribly under scaled Turtle mechazord?

Green ranger shredder is his own separate single figure.
The sixth slot being filled by Casey Jones is only a rumor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/toy-wiz...ver-two-packs/
Old 06-13-2021, 02:00 PM   #34
sdp
Megan Fox = April

But Pink Ranger April is just pink ranger, so it's just going to be a re-issue of the pinnk ranger without Kimberly's face? Doubt it since Pink ranger is getting rereleased soon already in "comic" colors, unless that's the one that's featured in the wave. They definitely won't include unmorphed turtle heads or an April head either, Hasbro has been getting a bit cheap on alternate heads for non "tv show" characters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:40 AM   #35
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The sixth slot being filled by Casey Jones is only a rumor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/toy-wiz...ver-two-packs/
It's all rumor at this point.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:35 PM   #36
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Sorry, how much are these?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:57 PM   #37
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Sorry, how much are these?
Retail listings have the three two-packs at $49.99 a piece. Assuming Shredder's going to $22 to $26 judging by previous LC figures, but the licensing could up it a little bit.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:27 PM   #38
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Oh ok, thanks.
Decent pricing i guess.... Not sure what to expect from Hasbro tho.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:24 AM   #39
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Jtprime17 leak totally panned out. Here's pre-order links for the first pack.

Power Rangers X Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lightning Collection Morphed Donatello and Morphed Leonardo:
Hasbro Pulse
Big Bad Toy Store
Entertainment Earth
Dorkside Toys

Last edited by Zulithe; 08-02-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

these look great and it makes me wish Hasbro got the TMNT license