The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-16-2021, 09:36 PM   #401
AquaParade
Banned

While politics creeping into everything is tiresome, I find the topic hard to avoid. I also find it a mix of hilarious and just plain weird that we keep trying to censor political discussion here. We all know it’s going to creep into the discussion again. And again in other threads. It’s like shooing flies from one room to the other over and over.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:55 PM   #402
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I hate how politics creeps into everything nowadays, literally everything. Like the next TMNT cartoon will probably have one of the actors cancelled mid-season cause they said whatever something-stupid on Twitter.

Oh wait.... that already happened.
Lol, Jason Biggs was an idiot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:34 PM   #403
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah I'm kind of against "canceling" people as a general rule, but I am 100% in favor of people "canceling" Jason Biggs. I'm just sorry it wasn't 20 years sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
While politics creeping into everything is tiresome, I find the topic hard to avoid. I also find it a mix of hilarious and just plain weird that we keep trying to censor political discussion here. We all know it’s going to creep into the discussion again. And again in other threads. It’s like shooing flies from one room to the other over and over.
To be fair, I'm almost certain that at this juncture Mods are just doing their jobs, and that it's because "certain people" report these threads and posts. I don't wanna point fingers, but we've seen several people post out loud some variant of "Can we keep politics OFF the board?" more than once, and so in turn I'd be willing to bet that whenever the conversation goes in that direction those same people Report it.

You'll notice that in some threads those types of conversations go on longer than others without any scolding or intervention. I don't *know* this, but I suspect that we only get scolded when someone forces the issue. "They're doing it again; go yell at these people!" If a thread or post gets Reported then the Staff's hands are kinda tied at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Indeed. There are a lot of Youtube videos posting about that stuff and making it sound like its true. Its complete garbage and mostly from fans who hate Disney Star Wars.
Bless your heart, you sweet, Summer child. You really believe these things you say.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
mostly from people who actually have taste and aren't complete f*cking morons.
Went ahead and fixed that for ya. No charge, it's my gift to you.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 02-16-2021 at 10:42 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:15 AM   #404
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Don't think for a minute I'm not wary of this so-called "cancel culture" but it isn't just a left-wing/liberal thing, there's plenty of it going on from the right hand side of the spectrum too. Alexander Vindman if you want to go straight to Trump. Ellen. Dixie Chicks. Hell, even Kapernick if you want. It isn't bravery, it's bullying. And it comes from everywhere not just the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
#2, Gina wasn't posting over and over again equating the left (specifically its cancel culture) to nazis, specifically. Just the one time. Pedro, at least twice that I can recollect (once, in regard to the "kids in cages" that... Obama actually built, a second time in a more general level).
Actually the cages were introduced by Dubya, carried on by Obama, and then increased by Trump. So they're all cuipable there in my eyes.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:48 AM   #405
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Cara Dune will most likely be recast

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian...-carano-fired/
That's apparently not going to happen

Quote:
Insiders say Cara Dune wasn’t part of the Star Wars series next up, a Boba Fett spinoff, but expect that the character will be recast down the road, for both story and merchandising reasons. A source at Lucasfilm says that a recasting is not expected, however.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ar-gina-carano
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #406
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Again, there's always a person who can't perceive the reality of a situation. And so that person will roll their eyes at what they perceive to be political. They perceive conversation like that to be a character flaw or something. A sign of a problem. But that person perceiving that is.... you know... dumb. They are dumb when the root of the entire conversation is "political" to begin with. The very nature of what has happened to Carano is political.

So to have a conversation about it, but tip toe around anyone's bias that screams "oh heerrreee we go again, you made it political" just shows that person as the mouth-breather who is missing the reality of the situation. It's not agenda to point out what's happening. Instead it's actually the point of the whole event.

So you've used the analogy of moving flies around from room to room.... but hello? The very nature of the topic commands political discussion along with, as I try to bring here a lot, discussion about people's perception and lifelong critical thinking errors (e.g., reacting to a political post as if that post is the problem when in fact the whole conversation is about this is a problematic critical thinking error).
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:28 PM   #407
AquaParade
Banned

Flies weren't a good analogy, but my point was that the political discussion isn't going anywhere. At least with Star Wars anytime soon.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:53 PM   #408
Leo656
The Franchise

plastroncafe Memorial "All Things Are By Definition Political" Comment Here.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #409
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Gina speaks up for the first time, on Daily Wire:

Spends an hour and goes over all of it, really. The Disney bullying, everything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:41 PM   #410
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, I've been doing a big Star Wars catch up to get a better grip of what happened on Mandalore. Specifically with Clone Wars and Rebels and now up to the movies.

Bo-Katan has a whole lotta nerve wanting to claim her stake in ruling Mandalore after everything she did, and as dumb as his name is, I think her nephew Korkie should have way more right to rule than she does.

Looking way more forward to Ahsoka's show too, especially now that I have a bit more of an idea of what it's probably going to be about.

All of these shows are about to become one big Pepe Silva board on things connecting.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:33 PM   #411
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So, I've been doing a big Star Wars catch up to get a better grip of what happened on Mandalore. Specifically with Clone Wars and Rebels and now up to the movies.
I plan to do that soon myself. Particularly since my daughter has expressed an interest in some kind of mass-marathon of all things Star Wars... surprisingly (when she was littler she liked 1-3 well enough, found 4-6 very boring, and fell asleep in 7 and swore she never wanted to watch any of them ever again).

I honestly think it is because of Baby Yoda. I think my daughter feels like she doesn't "get the joke" unless she is up on her Star Wars.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:43 AM   #412
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My favorite "Baby Yoda" thing has been someone calling Yoda "Old Grogu".

Clone Wars was a TRIP, especially the Mandalore plots. Even if there were...choices.
Spoiler:
Choices that tied into the Maul subplot. That sure was something.

Absolutely no way Korkie is Duchess Satine's "nephew" though. He looks too much like Obi Wan for that. I just...keep waiting for Korkie to be a nickname and it never came...

Rebels was a weird one, and I mostly watched it for Ahsoka showing up once in a while. Pretty sure I know why she was looking for Admiral Tarkin in Mandolorian.

But yeah, I couldn't finish Rogue One in a single sitting because it was a downer from beginning to end (though that's the point) and yeah, after all the combat of modern SW, ANH is a bit of struggle too.

Watch as an old man who's been a hermit in a desert and a quadruple amputee in a mobile respirator that's deliberately uncomfortable try to fight each other for the first time in 20~ years

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-22-2021 at 12:53 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:06 PM   #413
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Ted Cruz praises Carano while subtly making a jab at Rey. Daisy Ridley fires back:

"Daisy Ridley claps back at Ted Cruz's Rey diss: 'I am very happy to be an emotionally tortured Jedi who doesn't leave their state'" https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entert...181958625.html
Old 02-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #414
Leo656
The Franchise

It's too bad that Daisy Ridley wasted her one nude scene on playing a cadaver in a movie nobody saw. She's gonna need that trump card in a few years when nobody wants to hire her.

But by then it's gonna be like when Lohan did Playboy 10 years too late; "Yeah, she's naked but who even still gives a sh*t?"

Old 03-05-2021, 02:24 AM   #415
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And now... Daisy says she knew she did right by finally "talking American politics" (as in, poo-pooing Ted Cruz) because apparently JJ Abrams and Josh Gad told her that was badass?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/daisy...b601179ec319b4
Old 03-05-2021, 02:54 AM   #416
Sumac
Banned

Well, at least she looks pretty for now...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #418
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Dave Filoni got a promotion last summer he is now to executive creative director for Lucasfilm

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/sta...or-1234978130/
Old 06-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #419
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Looks like we won't be getting Season 3 until late 2022 now although according to this report:

"The Book of Boba Fett will be a more closely-linked spinoff as well and sources have told us to think of the series as "The Mandalorian Season 2.5," with characters from The Mandalorian slated to appear in the series that currently co-stars Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand."

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian...ction-filming/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:48 PM   #420
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why even bother with another Mandalorian season? Just have the guy and Baby Yoda appear in either the Boba Fett or Ahsoka series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelculture