The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Should TMNT 1990 be considered a Cult Classic?

So, a friend and I have a movie night every once in awhile and I show him films I really enjoy. So, last week I showed my friend TMNT 1990 for the first time. I don't think he had ever heard of the film. He really enjoyed it. Then I realized, so many people I know in my generation, (Gen Z) have never heard of this film, or flat out doesn't know it exists. I thought about it, and the Original film has a lot of the trademarks of a cult film.

1. it was based off a cult comic book, but while the 87 toon was huge, most people obviously don't know that book exists.

2. It's got the quotability of a cult film. Most people would not get it if I were to "Pizza Dude's got 30 seconds." or the Pork rind scene?

3. While not pushing it, it's got a little bit of that underground feel, like you don't see films with a secret club of underage guys smoking cigarettes all the time.

I don't know guys, do you agree with me here or am I completely off the mark? I'm just kinda frustrated that more people haven't seen this film.