The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-15-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Santolouco inspired Statues

I've been away for a while but wanted to share something I found online recently. These are 3d prints based on Santolouco art. I've ordered a 3d Resin Printer this week specifically to start making these beautiful pieces. Here are a few samples:

This awesome artist has created many other characters from the current comics. The statues are 1/10 scale. He also has a series of gaming miniatures. I will post some pics once I've printed a few of them off.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
Dask
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I've been following Prey Collection for a while on Instagram. I quite admire the art style and they look beautiful in painted and unpainted formats.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:18 PM   #3
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Yeah, I've been following Prey Collection for a while on Instagram. I quite admire the art style and they look beautiful in painted and unpainted formats.
Indeed!! I signed up to his Patreon today. Everything he has on his site is incredible. He also has Earthworm Jim, Battletoads, Street Sharks, and Biker Mice from Mars models. I will be printing those as well. They look amazing!
Old 02-16-2021, 06:15 AM   #4
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

I have used some 3D-printed parts from these 3d sculpts for my custom Shredder figure

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlVdGkgzDg/
Old 02-16-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
I have used some 3D-printed parts from these 3d sculpts for my custom Shredder figure

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlVdGkgzDg/
Great idea! I was planning on doing the same by using the claw from Slash to make my Dark Leo figure.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:00 PM   #6
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Indeed!! I signed up to his Patreon today. Everything he has on his site is incredible. He also has Earthworm Jim, Battletoads, Street Sharks, and Biker Mice from Mars models. I will be printing those as well. They look amazing!
How does their Patreon work? I know that the Patreon subscription gives you access to more exclusive figures. Do you have to print it (e.g. the schematic) from a local 3D print shop or do they do the printing for you and send it by mail?
Old 02-16-2021, 07:13 PM   #7
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
How does their Patreon work? I know that the Patreon subscription gives you access to more exclusive figures. Do you have to print it (e.g. the schematic) from a local 3D print shop or do they do the printing for you and send it by mail?
Joining the patreon gives you access to all of their STL files, which is what you use to print them in your own 3d printer. I just purchased a RESIN 3D printer which gives really clean prints (much better than the standard filament printers).

He has an insane amount of 1/10 scale models based on IDW's TMNT, as well as a line of "miniatures":
https://v-c.etsystatic.com/video/upl...MNT_is55h2.mp4

The patreon also gives you access to his other stuff like Biker Mice, Street Sharks, Battletoads, etc. You could sign up for a month, download everything and cancel. Apparently he comes out with new items monthly though.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:35 PM   #8
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Joining the patreon gives you access to all of their STL files, which is what you use to print them in your own 3d printer. I just purchased a RESIN 3D printer which gives really clean prints (much better than the standard filament printers).

He has an insane amount of 1/10 scale models based on IDW's TMNT, as well as a line of "miniatures":
https://v-c.etsystatic.com/video/upl...MNT_is55h2.mp4

The patreon also gives you access to his other stuff like Biker Mice, Street Sharks, Battletoads, etc. You could sign up for a month, download everything and cancel. Apparently he comes out with new items monthly though.

They look amazing! What happens if you don't have a 3D printer...can you take the STL files to say, Shapeways, and have them print it for you?
Old 02-17-2021, 02:31 AM   #9
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

These actually look pretty cool. If they were simply statues that you had to buy I wouldn't be interested (prefer action figures) but the fact you can 3D print them makes it appealing.

Can I ask, do you know if you can make a one off purchase? Or do you need to do a monthly subscription?

I would be interested in Mikey and Metalhead!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:45 AM   #10
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
They look amazing! What happens if you don't have a 3D printer...can you take the STL files to say, Shapeways, and have them print it for you?
Yes.

However, it would be cheaper to buy printed models from etsy or other marketplaces.

Preycollection studio allows some patreons who have the seller title to sell printed models.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:44 AM   #11
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I know there are places that will 3D print for you but I'm sure it's very pricey!
Old 02-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #12
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

I’ve followed Prey for quite a while and it’s great stuff. I have no space for extra models and stuff but have considered buying them with his tier that allows you to print and sell.

That said, I have two Formlabs resin printers. I do mostly prototyping for people (I’m doing all the prototyping for the current Forgotten Sewers Figure project some of you may have seen elsewhere).

If anyone has interest to have these printed or other stuff, I’m happy to help and offer free quotes. I’d just need the models to do so.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:09 PM   #13
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
I’ve followed Prey for quite a while and it’s great stuff. I have no space for extra models and stuff but have considered buying them with his tier that allows you to print and sell.

That said, I have two Formlabs resin printers. I do mostly prototyping for people (I’m doing all the prototyping for the current Forgotten Sewers Figure project some of you may have seen elsewhere).

If anyone has interest to have these printed or other stuff, I’m happy to help and offer free quotes. I’d just need the models to do so.
I just ordered my resin printer this week....an Elegoo Mars 2. Never used one before and this one seemed like a good starter unit that makes quality prints. Looking forward to getting it up and running this weekend.