The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #81
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
This. Like whatever dumb sh*t you want, just don't push it on people. The biggest problem are the people who go to great lengths to justify watching it and the harder they try the less convincing they seem. Sadly, the majority of them seem to NEED to push it on people at every opportunity and it makes the entire fan community look absolutely pathetic.
Actually, the biggest problem are when shmucks go out of their way to make a big song and dance about how much they hate the show by calling it "dumb s*it", thus ensuring they attract the attention of those extremists in the first place
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #82
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Eh. It goes both ways. I've seen people casually say that don't enjoy the show only to be called ignorant and somehow prejudiced.

From what I've seen though it seems like MLP fans have the thinnest skin out there. The minute anything negative is said, they're screaming and crying that they're being hunted down.

I think what Peanut is saying is that a ton of fandoms on the internet like to overanalyze and blow their interests up to these ridiculous proportions in an attempt to validate it. They can't just simply like this kids show. They have to like it because it has intelligent writing and compelling character arcs. Wigguh please. Its a kids show. I ain't mad at you for liking it.

Sounds super similar to something I posted in the ninia turtle sections.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #83
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

it is a little odd that a huge percentage of the adult MLP fandom seems to focus around them being fans of the show, rather than focusing on the show itself. Like they have shirts that basically say "I'm awesome because I'm a fan of the show" rather than saying "this show is awesome".
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #84
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
From what I've seen though it seems like MLP fans have the thinnest skin out there. The minute anything negative is said, they're screaming and crying that they're being hunted down.
I do not recognize myself in this.

Not at all.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #85
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
The ponies are basically elementals. Each one has a task to perform. The Pegasi control the weather, the unicorns are basically magic based, the earth ponies help the animals and in the fall they have a race that helps the leaves fall off the trees. The main family of earth ponies are the Apple family. They are harvesters and Granny Smith (the head of the clan) founded Ponyville nearly 200 years ago.
does this show have the seahorse ponies the first series had? If they are like elementals wouldn't they also need the water element too?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #86
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
does this show have the seahorse ponies the first series had? If they are like elementals wouldn't they also need the water element too?
theres been no mention of sea-ponies as of yet. But I can't remember any ocean either close to the town the stories are mainly set in. There's rivers though.

Maybe the Changelings live in the water?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #87
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Ponyville is essentially in Upstate NY. Altho there are ponds and lakes we have yet to see aquatic ponies (well except when Pinkie Pie goes Scuba Diving *lol*). Perhaps in season 3 Applejack will visit her aunt and uncle in Manehattan again and we'll see seahorses or Zecora will mention seeing them on her travels (since she's from Africa).
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #88
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Squee!!! IDW announced at comic con they're doing a MLP FIM comic!!! *JUAD* Imagine the crossovers that could come out of that! Infestation 3 with Ponies! (yes the question was asked "Wait and see" was the reply). Doctor Whooves being actually done proper!!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #89
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

I'm going to necro this cause I can...and cause I don't see anything in the rules saying not to. And also because I can't seem to shake from my thoughts is how unbelievably awesome it would be to make custom MLP based after the four turtles...and maybe Splinter too. But! What types of ponies to use? Should they all be basic earth ponies? Or should I mix it up a bit...for example:

Donatello: I feel like he'd probably be a unicorn, as he's often shown as the least violent and a bit more sophisticated, which fits the unicorn idea so well for me. Not to mention his fascination with technology rings true for me that unicorns are a bit ahead of the game with their magic when it comes to exploring new ideas.

Raphael: He'd probably be best suited as an earth pony, as they seem to focus the most on their stamina, strength, and basic good old fashioned hard work and loyalty. If that doesn't fit Raph to a T, then I don't know what does.

Mikey and Leo give me some issues, I'm thinking Mikey best as a pegasus due to their emphasis on speed and agility, not to mention pegasi always seem the most light-hearted of the ponies for me, but then that leaves Leo out in the cold (and I won't make him a alicorn since, if anyone were to be reincarnated as such it would definitely be Master Splinter).

So yes, I'm bumping this up to hear any thoughts from those who actually care about TMNT (a bit rare on the pony forums I've noticed), and MLP (hopefully not as rare here)
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #90
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
I'm going to necro this cause I can...and cause I don't see anything in the rules saying not to. And also because I can't seem to shake from my thoughts is how unbelievably awesome it would be to make custom MLP based after the four turtles...and maybe Splinter too. But! What types of ponies to use? Should they all be basic earth ponies?
There's alot of MLP/TMNT mash-ups on Deviant art. Heck just look at the one in my sig. Most of the ones on Deviant art have all 4 turtles as earth ponies. And that to me makese sense since in alot of myths turtles represent the earth.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #91
Dontebell
Stone Warrior

Map of Equestria and season 2 cast poster.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...t-picture.html
Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #92
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontebell View Post
Map of Equestria and season 2 cast poster.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...t-picture.html
K so going by that map... Las Pegasus IS Los Angeles and looky! It's Vanhoover!! Ahahahaha.... cute!

Last edited by Raph's Girl; 08-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #93
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

why is it this show, or other popular shows like this seem to get so much hate? I was on youtube and another site and so many people just make it their business to dump on it. And it doesn't even seem like they have any good reason to, other than because other people rave over it. I don't think this show is a shakspearin master piece, but it's cute and fun. Why doesn't anyone ever consider that maybe somethings actually deserve all the hype that it is getting?
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #94
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Most human beings are a conflictive, negative bunch and will pick fights over anything, even good natured shows like this, because they have problems in their own life that arent fixed as easily as they are in fictional lands and communities like Equestria. They try to shatter people's appreciation and love for that sort of thing and "bring them back down to reality" since they can't personally divorce themselves from said reality

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #95
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
why is it this show, or other popular shows like this seem to get so much hate? I was on youtube and another site and so many people just make it their business to dump on it. And it doesn't even seem like they have any good reason to, other than because other people rave over it. I don't think this show is a shakspearin master piece, but it's cute and fun. Why doesn't anyone ever consider that maybe somethings actually deserve all the hype that it is getting?
Because it's everywhere and people are getting sick of it. And in a way, it's very unnecessary. I mean, how many Arthur signatures, avatars, groups, threads, or memes have you seen out there? I mean, they probably exist, but I wouldn't know because it's not constantly being shoved in my face. What is wrong with Arthur anyway? It has a lot of the same qualities as this show, from what I keep hearing. I also know that many older people enjoy the show as well, but how come I don't keep seeing it everywhere I turn? It's like MLP fans think it's cute to like MLP.

Last edited by Turo602; 08-06-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #96
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Huh. You know, I haven't even thought of Arthur like that, but you're right. For once, you're spot on.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #97
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Because it's everywhere, and people are getting sick of it. And in a way, it's very unnecessary. I mean, how many Arthur signature's, avatars, groups, threads, or memes have you seen out there? I mean, they probably exist, but I wouldn't know because it's not constantly being shoved in my face. What is wrong with Arthur anyway? It has a lot of the same qualities as this show, from what I keep hearing. I also know that many older people enjoy the show as well, but how come I don't keep seeing it everywhere I turn? It's like MLP fans think it's cute to like MLP.
This old thing?

Damn that show was boring.

The pony rage of memes will die off, and then theres something new for people to hate on.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #98
Dontebell
Stone Warrior

Lauren Faust shares some secrets of FIM
http://fisherpon.tumblr.com/post/290...rets-of-fim-by

Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #99
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
This old thing?

Damn that show was boring.
Had Neil Gaiman on it. Instant street cred.

It also foretold the future

Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #100
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Had Neil Gaiman on it. Instant street cred.

It also foretold the future

Arthur has can't say anything, he was into love ducks after all