The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #181
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Honestly I'm not happy with any of the chronology after Northampton/Utrom Empire. The last arc of the main series, Monsters, Misfits, and Madmen could take place either before or after the Annual, the only thing we know is that Turtles in Time comes after the Annual, as the Turtles know Renet at this point. I think I'm going to go back and reread Northampton and everything after and see if it's any clearer
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #182
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

This is what's in my head— I think it all adds up, but let me know if I am missing something. Obviously, i'm going ahead a bit here too...

-Northampton
-Annual
-33-36
-Turtles in Time/ #37.

(the Turtles in Time adventure taking place at roughly the same time as #37, give or take).

-#38-40

-TMNT/Ghostbusters

-#41-44

-?????
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #183
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

That honestly seems like the most rational arrangement, at least from what I can tell as a reader and not someone in the know.

Northampton was a definite ending/beginning point for a new direction.

Annual 2014 opens with the characters discussing their return to New York and the various measures they've taken for security since coming back.

MMM (heh.) likewise features the characters freshly back and in the swing of things.

TiT (HEH.) opens in medias res and isn't finished yet, so I dunno anything for certain, but it seems like it could fit in anywhere after Annual 2014. And with #37 having no Turtles in it, it makes sense that they're spending that time off on some crazy adventure in a miniseries.

It works for me, anyway.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 09-09-2014 at 02:55 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #184
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

^Same, with Utrom Empire in-between Northampton and the annual for reading purposes, which is how I'd suggest doing it in the omnibus someday. On re-reads the two stories work better read complete back to back rather than jumping from Northampton issues to UE issues and back again even if that's technically how the chronology works IMO. In retrospect, Northampton puts the cap on "City Fall," while most of the turtle appearances in UE tie into Donatello's subplot in MM&M (and presumably onward for a while); NH was epilogue, UE was prologue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
-#41-44

-?????
Is that the next mini-series being teased? :p
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #185
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Is that the next mini-series being teased? :p
It has to be. Looks like it'll be a crossover with DC, pitting the turtles against the Riddler!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:18 AM   #186
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

I would say Turtles in Time happens after 37 since 36 leads directly into it and 37 doesn't end with a cliffhanger
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #187
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
^Same, with Utrom Empire in-between Northampton and the annual for reading purposes, which is how I'd suggest doing it in the omnibus someday.
Yeah, absolutely. I have it mixed in the way it is on my timeline for posterity's sake, but when actually reading the story is best saved for a whole helping.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #188
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
This is what's in my head— I think it all adds up, but let me know if I am missing something. Obviously, i'm going ahead a bit here too...

-Northampton
-Annual
-33-36
-Turtles in Time/ #37.

(the Turtles in Time adventure taking place at roughly the same time as #37, give or take).

-#38-40

-TMNT/Ghostbusters

-#41-44

-?????
Thanks Bobby

Is #37 basically the prologue to the Territory arc?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #189
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Honestly I'm not happy with any of the chronology after Northampton/Utrom Empire. The last arc of the main series, Monsters, Misfits, and Madmen could take place either before or after the Annual, the only thing we know is that Turtles in Time comes after the Annual, as the Turtles know Renet at this point. I think I'm going to go back and reread Northampton and everything after and see if it's any clearer

The annual makes sense before MMM because of Leonardo and Raph's conversation about what Splinter wants to do about the Foot. Then they talk about it in 36 Leo has his epiphany.

As for 37 and TiT, I think they read better with 37 coming first due to the last page of 36. Unless TiT #4 helps add to the suspense of what happens between Shredder and Krang (doubtful), it just makes more sense.

I know it looks cleaner when separating them by arc to keep 37 with Territory, but I'm just gonna lean toward reading order on this one.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #190
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

#37 feels like it goes before TiT for reading because Shredder was preparing for the meeting in MM&M. What's more, it marks kind of the "official" start of the Shredder vs. Krang showdown, and my guess based on the solicit is TiT #4 plays out a possible future outcome of that conflict (where Shredder wins?) and thus works better read after #37 anyway.

Of course I could be proven completely wrong when it comes out.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #191
Paul John
Random Punk

I have just started collecting the series of comics. Can I ask is there any difference in covers A, B or C? I mean apart from they are different cover I mean in rarity and value, number of copies etc
Paul John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:18 AM   #192
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Yes.

Longer answer. In the early days of the TMNT run, the A cover was standard, the B cover was 1:5 rarity (you had to buy five copies of A to get one copy of B). I think IDW stopped that after about 12 issues, so now A and B are both the same rarity.

Past that, most of the other covers are 1:10 and 1:25 rarity (retailer incentives). Some are only available to comic shops that have subscriptions with Diamond (the subscriber covers). Some have only been released by specific comic stores (retailer exclusives). Some have only been available to buy at certain conventions, and those tend to be the hardest to find.

Your best guide is Rich's blog imo, if you want to find the details of a particular issue and what covers are available for it.

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-blog/
Old 12-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #193
Paul John
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Yes.

Longer answer. In the early days of the TMNT run, the A cover was standard, the B cover was 1:5 rarity (you had to buy five copies of A to get one copy of B). I think IDW stopped that after about 12 issues, so now A and B are both the same rarity.

Past that, most of the other covers are 1:10 and 1:25 rarity (retailer incentives). Some are only available to comic shops that have subscriptions with Diamond (the subscriber covers). Some have only been released by specific comic stores (retailer exclusives). Some have only been available to buy at certain conventions, and those tend to be the hardest to find.

Your best guide is Rich's blog imo, if you want to find the details of a particular issue and what covers are available for it.

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-blog/
Thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated!
Paul John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #194
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just made a minor change, but I noticed that Utrom Empire #2 flows better after #30. Don and Leo have their talk after he wakes up from his dream of Tang Shen and he gives Don his "one step at a time" advice in #30, then Don, exasperated over the Technodrome, repeats it in UE #2 to Raph.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it works great between #30 & #31.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #195
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just made a minor change, but I noticed that Utrom Empire #2 flows better after #30. Don and Leo have their talk after he wakes up from his dream of Tang Shen and he gives Don his "one step at a time" advice in #30, then Don, exasperated over the Technodrome, repeats it in UE #2 to Raph.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it works great between #30 & #31.
I think that's actually how I originally had it, too. Can't recall why I changed it.

But I agree that the UE makes more sense after #30 given the conversation. Good catch.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #196
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I think that's actually how I originally had it, too. Can't recall why I changed it.

But I agree that the UE makes more sense after #30 given the conversation. Good catch.
Yeah, I noticed your review has it between #30 & #31 in the turtle tips section.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #197
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Updated my site's timeline to account for Mutanimals and Vengeance

Looks like Mutanimals #1 will occur immediately after TMNT #43 according to Bobby. My placement for Mutanimals #2-4 are just tentative for the moment, of course. They'll possibly weave in and out of Vengeance.

Set that one up to, accounting for the FCBD 2015 comic which will apparently be a prelude to TMNT #45.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #198
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Updated my site's timeline to account for Mutanimals and Vengeance

Looks like Mutanimals #1 will occur immediately after TMNT #43 according to Bobby. My placement for Mutanimals #2-4 are just tentative for the moment, of course. They'll possibly weave in and out of Vengeance.

Set that one up to, accounting for the FCBD 2015 comic which will apparently be a prelude to TMNT #45.
I know this thread is called "Chronological Timeline", but I feel like its actually referring to reading order. Is that accurate?
Old 01-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #199
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I know this thread is called "Chronological Timeline", but I feel like its actually referring to reading order. Is that accurate?
We've kinda been doing both, I suppose. The two go pretty much hand-in-hand thus far into the run.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 AM   #200
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, basically when something's iffy, or if an issue takes place within the time frame of another issue we've been leaning towards the better reading order.

Tags
timeline