The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
Shedder
Hench Mutant

New Mega Blocks Release Announced

http://news.toyark.com/2015/10/05/me...nounced-177458

They actually look pretty good. Looks like we have something else to look forward to in the new Year

"Back at Toy Fair 2015, Mega Bloks revealed that they had acquired a license to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles construction sets and figures. Nothing much has been revealed since. Now today, Mega Bloks has tweeted out the first photo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Meg Bloks Figures. The release date has been confirmed as January 1st, 2016! The pic shows the four Turtles as Mega Bloks mini figures. "
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
tmntman
Mad Scientist

They seem to be a big step up from their 2003 offerings.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess the missing paint apps are because they are prototypes?

Not a fan of the general Mega Blok's minifig design, but the Turtles looks decent enough.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Donatello's chest?
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Definitely better than I expected!
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I was honestly hoping it'd be like the old Mega Bloks, so that any new minifigs would be compatible with my original collection...
Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
dp1230
Random Punk

I was wondering when they would announce more. I wonder if they will make some of the same stuff as Lego (sewer, shellraiser, stealth bike) or do some new stuff first. I would like to see the Turtle Mech and Party Wagon. Maybe a better Shredder lair with figures we never got like Tigerclaw, Bebop and Rocksteady.
dp1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:10 AM   #8
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

From what the girl told me at the booth, There will be 3 separate lines. A collectors line which is based on the original series. These are very articulate and the turtles have die-cast body/shells. Then there will be 2 series based on the Nick show. One geared towards little kids which has bigger bricks/Half Shell Heroes style figs. And then another series geared towards older kids.

She said that what was displayed was only designed to showcase the figures and the sets/environments were not part of any actual set. They had no idea what any of the sets would include and it was the first time even they had actually seen the new TMNT stuff.

In person, I really liked how these looked. I must say, I am definitely picking some of this stuff up.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #9
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I didn't know pics out already. I know the van in the pictures is a life size display but that means OT van will definitely get a set. I've always wanted a Lego version of that...Well it's megablocks but I don't mind. The figures look cute too.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #10
Miles
Thug

The OT version has me interested. Very cool.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #11
nathanbofficial
Random Punk

Lego it better! But I'm thinking of turning some of these sets into lego sets if the price is good. I'm interested in the original van if it ever comes to pass
nathanbofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #12
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbofficial View Post
Lego it better! But I'm thinking of turning some of these sets into lego sets if the price is good. I'm interested in the original van if it ever comes to pass
Lego isn't really better. Not anymore. Mega Bloks really has stepped up their game.

Now adays all you're paying for with Lego is the name. They're pretty much the same.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #13
Kevinardo
Mouser

These look nice in my opinion. Probably going to have to pick these up if they are distributed reasonably well. Here's hoping for single packs of just the figures, not all that interested in having to buy a whole building set just to get them. Does Mega Blocks usually offer individual mini figures like how Lego does?
Kevinardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #14
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinardo View Post
These look nice in my opinion. Probably going to have to pick these up if they are distributed reasonably well. Here's hoping for single packs of just the figures, not all that interested in having to buy a whole building set just to get them. Does Mega Blocks usually offer individual mini figures like how Lego does?
I believe they will release single blind bag figures
Old 11-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #15
Splinter
Radical Rat

Loving the single figure box set for Rocksteady. I'm in for anything TMNT Classic.

Hopefully everything pictured on the box is included inside. So after getting Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, etc... we'll have a nice sized army of Foot Soldiers to go with them. If so that's a brilliant way to offer army builders. Hopefully more pics will surface soon.

Hope we get a massive Technodrome at some point. They've done huge sets for Halo and such.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #16
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Here's some information and pictures of the blind bag assortment figures

Product Description
Quote:
Build your own Turtle-powered collection with these Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mega Bloks Blind Bags. You can collect all your favorite Turtles micro action figures including Leo, Donnie, Raph and Mikey. (Each sold separately) Each figure comes with their own unique theme and special accessory! Watch out there are also iconic bad guys to collect with villain micro action figures. They each come in a blind pack so you never know which one you’re going to get.
Features
Quote:
8 characters to collect (Each sold separately)
Highly detailed
Bright and colorful
Compatibility: You can mix and match their accessories with other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mega Bloks Blind Bags (Each sold separately)
There are several styles available within this assortment and unfortunately it is not possible to request which one you would prefer, so please allow us to pick one on your behalf.
Contents: A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mega figure and accessory in a blind bag
Batteries Not Required

Last edited by sluggedup226; 11-17-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:47 PM   #17
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Code:
The paint jobs on the Nick turtles are awful and the Foot Soldier has such a bland body sculpt, an easy pass for me.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #18
croaker
Random Punk

The instructions for Mikey show an individual small set for each of the turtles and the 2 slightly larger sets for bebop and rocksteady that also come with foot soldiers. No image of krang.

The nick set has a pic of 11 sets, sewer player, turtle van, Baxter mutation, 2 add on to the sewer set, kart with Mikey, kart with Don, tower with Mikey, another vehicle with Don, and small Mikey and Raphael sets.
croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by croaker View Post
The instructions for Mikey show an individual small set for each of the turtles and the 2 slightly larger sets for bebop and rocksteady that also come with foot soldiers. No image of krang.

The nick set has a pic of 11 sets, sewer player, turtle van, Baxter mutation, 2 add on to the sewer set, kart with Mikey, kart with Don, tower with Mikey, another vehicle with Don, and small Mikey and Raphael sets.
I don't suppose there is an unmutated Baxter minifig? I always planned to get a couple of lookalike minifigs from the MegaBloks "Alien Agency" line and use them as Bishop and Baxter. Never got the chance, though.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #20
croaker
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't suppose there is an unmutated Baxter minifig? I always planned to get a couple of lookalike minifigs from the MegaBloks "Alien Agency" line and use them as Bishop and Baxter. Never got the chance, though.
Yes, the Baxter set which is 1 of 2 sets that I have has nick Baxter in both human and fly form. You replace his arms and head and add wings to turn him into a fly. The rest of the set is a green ooze cylinder (large), Leo and a foot soldier.
croaker is offline   Reply With Quote