The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Leatherhead and Bishop's views coincide on that one point, but clash on many others. The big guy is vehemently opposed to experimentation on mutants, how do you think he'd react if/when he finds out about what's been done to Slash?

Not to mention Bishop pretty much went to the "Amanda Waller School of Minion Recruitment"...

Plus, Bobby did say we'd be seeing Leatherhead sooner rather than later...
This is true. Leatherhead hates experimentation and cruelty... but does he hate it more than he hates himself? Hopefully!

Also, I think Bishop needs to go after the loner mutants before he goes back out after the Mutanimals or the Turtles.

Bebop and Rocksteady are hugely powerful; Alopex is in Northampton; Splinter is leading the Foot Clan. That leaves Leatherhead as an isolated and easy target.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #42
ChosenOne
Banned

I would love for Bishop to try and go after Splinter, as I can't imagine the Foot haven't been keeping tabs on the EPF all this time. There would probably be a wakizashi at his throat out of nowhere before he could even give the order.

But yeah, Leatherhead is long overdue to get involved in this conflict. The stuff in Universe is largely inconsequential to the main ongoing, so my guess is we'll see him in the next arc after Trial of Krang, along with the refurbished van and the first full-on, "official" Turtles/Mutanimals team-up to rescue Slash.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I would love for Bishop to try and go after Splinter, as I can't imagine the Foot haven't been keeping tabs on the EPF all this time. There would probably be a wakizashi at his throat out of nowhere before he could even give the order.

But yeah, Leatherhead is long overdue to get involved in this conflict. The stuff in Universe is largely inconsequential to the main ongoing, so my guess is we'll see him in the next arc after Trial of Krang, along with the refurbished van and the first full-on, "official" Turtles/Mutanimals team-up to rescue Slash.
I feel like the Bishop war needs to be the same length as Vengeance or City Fall... 7-10 issues, with Stockman, Null, Bishop, Mutanimals, Leatherhead, the Foot, and the Turtles ALL in a giant chaotic war for mutantkind.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #44
ChosenOne
Banned

We might indeed be getting something like that, but I wonder if it won't be broken up into "chunks" or several different arcs peppered from here to #100, given how we also have the Pantheon plot going on at the moment and only one of them can take us to the finish line of the 100th issue.

To be honest, from what we're seeing so far, either Bishop or the Pantheon would be more than enough to fill out 50 issues.

Unless IDW plan to combine both threads at some point, it feels like prematurely wasting one of two great overarching plots. But they haven't done any wrong by us fans so far, so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

The waiting is the hardest part!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #45
Tardigrade
Random Punk

It would make sense for Bishop to go after Leatherhead by using Slash. Then go after Bebop and Rocksteady with both of them. I would love a fight Slash + Leatherhead vs Bebop + Rocksteady. If he succeed, he would have the four stongest mutants at his disposal.

I think that Slash and Leatherhead have a strong duo potential for post-Bishop's arcs.
Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #46
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardigrade View Post
It would make sense for Bishop to go after Leatherhead by using Slash. Then go after Bebop and Rocksteady with both of them. I would love a fight Slash + Leatherhead vs Bebop + Rocksteady. If he succeed, he would have the four stongest mutants at his disposal.

I think that Slash and Leatherhead have a strong duo potential for post-Bishop's arcs.
A powerhouse four-way brawl? That'd be the cherry on top of this year's awesomeness cake!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #47
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
We might indeed be getting something like that, but I wonder if it won't be broken up into "chunks" or several different arcs peppered from here to #100, given how we also have the Pantheon plot going on at the moment and only one of them can take us to the finish line of the 100th issue.

To be honest, from what we're seeing so far, either Bishop or the Pantheon would be more than enough to fill out 50 issues.

Unless IDW plan to combine both threads at some point, it feels like prematurely wasting one of two great overarching plots. But they haven't done any wrong by us fans so far, so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

The waiting is the hardest part!
True, true... but man, Bishop is my favorite. I'll take him over Shredder or Krang, so I'm just raring to get that storyline asap!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #48
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
even though this issue introduces us to a new Mutant and Nulls new lackeys,
i like how it seemed to focus more on better fleshing out Ray and Sally and their relationship.

Spoiler:
don't like Dreadmon! .......NOPE!
Ray took tranq darts so that he and Sally could get away, and then Dreadmon was just going to leave Ray to the wolves!!!
that guy ain't nothing but a punk!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Slash and Leatherhead working together would be great. Though, with everything that's happened to Slash and Leatherhead being...unsocialized...this would be their relationship for at least a little while

Old 06-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #50
neatoman
Emperor

Alright, just to put the debate to rest, Dreadmon is a jackal and not a coyote or anything else. Right there, black on white.

Now, on the the more interesting things:

1:
Spoiler:
He started out as human, Congolese of a Jamaican father.

2:
Spoiler:
The way the temporary mutations work is cybernetic pumps, keeps the flow of mutagen in check. Allegedly it will work on already existing mutants.

Now for speculation:
Spoiler:
At the end we see one of the thugs with the skin on his snout torn off, revealing a mechanical snout. How does that make sense if his snout is just temporary? Are the temporary mutations faked?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright, just to put the debate to rest, Dreadmon is a jackal and not a coyote or anything else. Right there, black on white.

1:
Spoiler:

2:
Spoiler:
The way the temporary mutations work is cybernetic pumps, keeps the flow of mutagen in check. Allegedly it will work on already existing mutants.

Now for speculation:
Spoiler:
At the end we see one of the thugs with the skin on his snout torn off, revealing a mechanical snout. How does that make sense if his snout is just temporary? Are the temporary mutations faked?
I'm willing to just chalk it up to artistic license (looks cool!), and that the actual "science" is that there are generic cybernetic faceplates built into the soldier's face that can shift and adapt in sync with the temporary mutation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
even though this issue introduces us to a new Mutant and Nulls new lackeys,
i like how it seemed to focus more on better fleshing out Ray and Sally and their relationship.
Spoiler:
don't like Dreadmon! .......NOPE!
Ray took tranq darts so that he and Sally could get away, and then Dreadmon was just going to leave Ray to the wolves!!!
that guy ain't nothing but a punk!
Yeah, I checked out on his character at the same time. I also don't buy that he was so easily redeemed.

Dude, you bailed on us TWO pages ago. Seriously, you're not Mutanimals material.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #52
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, now being an African dog breed makes sense...

And two reveals of mechanical parts in a row? Where are these coming from?

Super happy that Sally directly calls ManRay her best friend, though. It's an obvious and understandable factor, but it's nice that it's out in the open.

And where are all these colonels coming from all of the sudden??? Ch'rell, Winter, and Fist. They're coming out of the woodwork!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #53
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm willing to just chalk it up to artistic license (looks cool!), and that the actual "science" is that there are generic cybernetic faceplates built into the soldier's face that can shift and adapt in sync with the temporary mutation.
i had a similar thought when i saw the human cybernetic faceplate change to animal form.

at first i was like - "HOW IN THE...???"
but it did look WICKED COOL so i decided to just enjoy it and roll with it.

Quote:
Yeah, I checked out on his character at the same time. I also don't buy that he was so easily redeemed.

Dude, you bailed on us TWO pages ago. Seriously, you're not Mutanimals material.
yeah he definitely IS NOT Mutanimals material! not one bit!
heck! he's not even fit to stand next to Pigeon Pete!!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #54
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So...does this look like a future Rocksteady-ManRay battle to anyone else?
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I went back and reread it again, and maybe I'm being a bit harsh. I think the "Wile E. Coyote" look in the preview really threw me off and left me a little prejudiced against the character.

His pacifist conviction due to his past was pretty great, but he just didn't really seem to be very compelling other than that. I mean, he was willing to bail on Ray, and he never really seemed to be working to defend anyone other than himself.

Also, he's just going to go off on his own? With those beasts/soldiers roaming around hunting mutants? Does he really expect that to work out for him?

As a story, this issue was great. But I just didn't like Dreadmon.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #56
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Spoiler:
That was kinda lame. The story felt kinda rushed and the new characters definitely could've been more developed. Dreadmon came off like a jerk. I mean, he was COMPLETELY willing to go with those guys and then when Ray shows up he suddenly goes with him? Yeah, I'm glad he didn't join the Mutanimals in the end.

I did enjoy the little character development for Ray and Sally, though. It's definitely been needed. The art was also really nice, a cool blend of traditional and cartoony styles.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #57
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So...does this look like a future Rocksteady-ManRay battle to anyone else?
https://68.media.tumblr.com/74ba8642...rw8miz_540.png
Here's hoping!!!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #58
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

1:
Spoiler:

2:
Spoiler:

Now for speculation:
Spoiler:
The important thing is, he's still a canine type mutant.

Quote:
i had a similar thought when i saw the human cybernetic faceplate change to animal form.

at first i was like - "HOW IN THE...???"
but it did look WICKED COOL so i decided to just enjoy it and roll with it.

Though I liked Dreadmon, but he isn't Mutanimals material for the IDW TMNT universe, cause he was human born, Old Hob only recruits mutants who aren't human born, since he still holds prejudice against those who were once humans.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-21-2017 at 01:46 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #59
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
I went back and reread it again, and maybe I'm being a bit harsh. I think the "Wile E. Coyote" look in the preview really threw me off and left me a little prejudiced against the character.

His pacifist conviction due to his past was pretty great, but he just didn't really seem to be very compelling other than that. I mean, he was willing to bail on Ray, and he never really seemed to be working to defend anyone other than himself.

Also, he's just going to go off on his own? With those beasts/soldiers roaming around hunting mutants? Does he really expect that to work out for him?

As a story, this issue was great. But I just didn't like Dreadmon.
i can understand he has sworn to pacifism, but to not even attempt to help someone in return who had just helped him makes him pretty useless.
as soon as you said you thought Dreadmon looked like Wile E Coyote, i imagined that we might see him meet a similar fate.

if anything this issue was just another chance for Ray and Sally to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Though I liked Dreadmon, but he isn't Mutanimals material for the IDW TMNT universe, cause he was human born, Old Hob only recruits mutants who aren't human born, since he still holds prejudice against those who were once humans.
i can totally see why Hob will not recruit human born Mutants.
the one's we've met so far aren't very upstanding.
sure Hob himself is willing to play dirty, but he does it with sights for the greater good.

Last edited by myconius; 06-21-2017 at 02:08 PM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I wouldn't mind giving Dreadmon a second chance, especially with his backstory.

But I'm lying if I said I didn't want that second chance to involve him meeting a skeptical Old Hob.