The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 12-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
Nturtle
Ninja Master

Tsunami Relief

The Technodrome is a Ninja Turtles website and this spot is designated for Ninja Turtles news, however the recent devastating tsunamis that have claimed, as of right now, over 70,000 lives in Asia compel us to think outside our everyday behavior and routines. As you may know the damage is so widespread and the subsequent spread of diseases that the situation will incur only adds to the misfortune of those in the affected areas now. The total cost of this disaster is practically inconceivable and it will take a long time for things to return to an even fairly normal state. That is why I ask that you try to help in the processes of providing relief by making a donation, however small, to some of the aid organizations involved in the effort:

Network for Good

The Network for Good has several donation options for multiple organizations that are doing work in affected zones right now.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Nturtle; 12-29-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:57 PM   #2
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

Does the money really go to the things you people say or does it just go to your pockets?
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:44 PM   #3
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

This is great, Nturtle! I'll see what I can scrounge together.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:57 PM   #4
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
Does the money really go to the things you people say or does it just go to your pockets?
That's really a tasteless thing to say. If you ever bothered to READ the post, you'd know it doesn't even go to us at all.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:

Wow, that' s pretty terrible. To even think that the Technodrome would try to profit off of potentially one of the most devastating events in human history means you must have no respect for this site. And if you were in fact joking, this tragedy is NOT one to poke fun at.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:05 PM   #6
Nturtle
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron
This is great, Nturtle! I'll see what I can scrounge together.
Cool, I'm glad to hear it dude.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #7
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Considering the fact that two of the most visited sites on the internet, Yahoo and Google, link to the exact same site on their front pages, I'd say it would take a complete idiot to believe that any of us are making a profit off of this.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're helping them out, Voltron. It's a good thing that not all of us are paranoid about well-known nonprofit donation sites...

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:28 AM   #8
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Do you really think we'd be that insane here? And besides that thing being illegal, we'd be a real bunch of assholes to do something like that.

And: The antifascistic fraction I'm a member at donated a whole of 560 CHF (about 380 $) so far. More to come. Those people need it.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:08 AM   #9
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I THINK what he's trying to say is, how do we know that all the money goes to the tsumani thing, and not to some guys. Cause some are skeptical about it, some people who donated money to something in china, only had some of it go to them.

But thats what I think he's saying. I'm not saying that, but I'll definately donate some money. Jackie Chan donated money to it! Come on guys, let's give!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:35 AM   #10
Sparvid
Stone Warrior

If anyone for some reason (and I don't see any particular) feel unsure about that specific site, here's a whole bunch of links to organizations who accept donations:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapc...tes/index.html
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Can someone find me a tsunami think that takes paypal? I don't have time to look it up but if someone gets me a link I'll donate when I check these boards next which may be in a few days.
Thanks
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote