The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your ethnicity?
White, primarily 26 60.47%
African American, primarily 3 6.98%
Mixed (explain) 5 11.63%
Asian 1 2.33%
Middle Eastern 0 0%
Hispanic 7 16.28%
Other 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why does it need to do anything? No one has to be interested their family history, but some people are.

All it "does" for me is fulfill a fascination with family history, a hobby and challenge to work on, and something I can pass down and keep that knowledge going of who we are as a family. Genealogy is a puzzle and some people enjoy the hunt for clues and trying to find unknowns. I finally last year after SO MANY years found a little more info for one of my tough dead ends and got one step further. That it took so long was worth that feeling of finally finding that breakthrough I was so sure was there somewhere.

There were also a few names I found and added to the tree last year of kids who died as infants. Rather sad to see and find out one of my sets of great grandparents dealt with losing an 11 month old baby, but I like being able to add these kids names to keep them in some way from being entirely forgotten.

I suppose those of us who do care about this stuff are probably likewise people who don't want to be forgotten either.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote