The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

TMNT Ep "Nightmares Recycled" will never air

From the official TMNT site:

EPISODE 110

"Nightmares Recycled"

Story Editor: Lloyd Goldfine

Senior Supervising Director: Roy Burdine

Written by Roland Gonzalez

Synopsis:

Raph, Don, Casey, and April’s evening salvage operation lands them a one-way ticket to Recycle World – the Garbageman’s deadly realm of refuse! As if fighting for their lives in a world of lethal compactors and shredders wasn’t bad enough, they’ve got to do it all with Hun – who’s not thrilled to reveal that he and Garbageman have something in common – DNA!

NOTE: This episode was never completed. The script was finished and some animation had begun when 4Kids pulled the plug because it was deemed too controversial for a children's program (apparently Hun and the Garbageman were going to be conjoined twins that were surgically separated at birth).

Raph's Girl note:
4Kids execs "OMG! Oh noooose!!! conjoined twins surgically seperated at birth!! It's *gasps* controversal!! Noooo!! We can't show that!!"

Anybody who's ever seen "CatDog": ".........."
Old 11-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Reactions are strongly going to come from fans saying the obvious...

"They pulled a Garbage man ep? That's great news!"

Whoever the anal retentive dispshizzy that runs the network now... oy...

It's like, no wonder why their version of One Piece sucked. We just can't upset little kids with that type of thing. By little kids, they mean irate grownups who get excited over the mear thought of a boycott, while letting little Jimmy or Jayney watch Jerry Springer without complaint.

Really is sad. I DID like Garbage man, to contradict the rest of the fans. And this would have improved the overall aspect of his character.

Now, why they couldn't have rewritten it as them being regular twins, sepperated at birth instead is beyond me. It could have got it on the air.

It would be cool if they animated it and recorded it anyway, and just put it on the DVD of the Lost season... unless that was why it was pulled. Though I doubt it.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

that's really stupid to not have an episode done peter laird was paying for the episodes...and once again 4kids screws him over..real nice...
And that episode sounds like it would add allot to both the characters of garbadge man and hun real nice now we never will get to see it.
damn bastards...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
4Kids pulled the plug because it was deemed too controversial for a children's program (apparently Hun and the Garbageman were going to be conjoined twins that were surgically separated at birth).
Controversial? No. Politically incorrect? Hardly. Where can I send these dufuses a dictionary? They obviously need one. I understand that this is a very bizarre topic for a kids' show that self-righteous adults have mixed feelings about. But, to look the other way when life is distorted by birth-defects just seems like passive hatefulness. To exclude them from decent fiction stories simply because some people find them creepy is not right. I thought this ep would be just delaying the main storyline, and I wouldn't miss it. But, something that heavy is genius and the only forgivable excuse for breaking the focus.

Last edited by gobo; 12-01-2006 at 12:55 AM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

If it's a STV release what's the big deal anyway....concerned parents can just skip past that episode when they play it and parents who don't care or us older fans can have some good ole character driven story. Everyone wins....maybe.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well that explains why the DVD and the Lost Season episodes were pulled, they no longer have thirteen episodes to package on DVD or Diigital, so they'll have to delay the release and the season until they can produce a substitute.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #7
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Well that explains why the DVD and the Lost Season episodes were pulled, they no longer have thirteen episodes to package on DVD or Diigital, so they'll have to delay the release and the season until they can produce a substitute.
or just change the number of episodes listed on the box art.
This story does sound fun and will add allot but we're hardly missing anything without it.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Can't they just change it to him being a reject clone of Hun? Everyone knows Shredder played with cloning. Whatever, at least Insane was finished before 4Kids could be stupid with it.

If Peter had any gusto left he would give 4Kids the finger after all the episodes are finished, complete this garbage man one, and then find someone else to release it. Seriously I'm sure he made an episode with Garbage man in it so everyone would like the character more. Since he's dubbed as one of the worst TMNT villains ever. At least he would have a grim origin.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Can't they just change it to him being a reject clone of Hun? Everyone knows Shredder played with cloning. Whatever, at least Insane was finished before 4Kids could be stupid with it.

If Peter had any gusto left he would give 4Kids the finger after all the episodes are finished, complete this garbage man one, and then find someone else to release it. Seriously I'm sure he made an episode with Garbage man in it so everyone would like the character more. Since he's dubbed as one of the worst TMNT villains ever. At least he would have a grim origin.
It's sad. This could have been the one Garbageman episode that's actually good.

Thats what I loved about the 2K3 series, they always try to add depth to even the most shallow characters.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's just as well they didn't make this one. It just sounds... well... dumb.

It's like "haha, you know that gross guy we had to fight a couple of times? The one with an unhealthy obsession with garbage? Well, for some reason we need to care that he's related to Hun! 8D"

I would have preferred an episode fleshing out the Rat King, or some other worthwhile villain. :\
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I;d be ecstatic if they decided to replace it with a Rat King episode. But that's not likely.

As it stands, I hate the thought that half a finished episode exists out there someplace and we'll never see it. Just kinda...eats away at me...
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
X
Stone Warrior

Well the way things are looking at the moment, it seems Nightmares Recycled isn't the only thing they pulled. They managed to pull The Lost Season off On-Demand AND DVD. While I will be writing to them, I can only hope us consumers and fans can persuade them.

-X-
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Ooh... Impulsive post... Must... fight... Can't... resist.
So, maybe my math's a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure "The Ninja Tribunal" plus 12 eps of The Lost Season adds up to 13 eps.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #14
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Ooh... Impulsive post... Must... fight... Can't... resist.
So, maybe my math's a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure "The Ninja Tribunal" plus 12 eps of The Lost Season adds up to 13 eps.
Shut up! Fifty years ago, we'd have you upside down with a f*cking fork up your ass, throw his ass out, he's a *****r, HE'S A ****ER!, HE'S A ***ER!

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
gobo
Wacky Action

Nit-picking is more sanitary a bad habit than nose-picking.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #16
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
It's sad. This could have been the one Garbageman episode that's actually good.

Thats what I loved about the 2K3 series, they always try to add depth to even the most shallow characters.
True...but now we may never get to see TMNT 2K3 ever again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 AM   #17
Tortuga Joe
Random Punk

I definitely agree with the fact that this may have actually been a good episode for the Garbageman, adding some depth to his character. I was a little thrown off, as it sounded like it deviated from the 'Ninja Tribunal' storyline, but was somewhat interested to where it could have went. I would, however, have much preferred an epsiode about the Rat King (as said above), in place of another villain.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題

Curses! And I was looking forward to this episode. How dare they do this to us? 4Kids is now bane of my existance number 9.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:47 AM   #19
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

The ep sounds lame. It would have been better...if the dude was Hun's uncle, or dad or something like that. Not conjoined twins...that's as corny as Raph turning into GameRaph...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #20
Nexxorcist
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
From the official TMNT site:

EPISODE 110

"Nightmares Recycled"

Story Editor: Lloyd Goldfine

Senior Supervising Director: Roy Burdine

Written by Roland Gonzalez

Synopsis:

Raph, Don, Casey, and April’s evening salvage operation lands them a one-way ticket to Recycle World – the Garbageman’s deadly realm of refuse! As if fighting for their lives in a world of lethal compactors and shredders wasn’t bad enough, they’ve got to do it all with Hun – who’s not thrilled to reveal that he and Garbageman have something in common – DNA!

NOTE: This episode was never completed. The script was finished and some animation had begun when 4Kids pulled the plug because it was deemed too controversial for a children's program (apparently Hun and the Garbageman were going to be conjoined twins that were surgically separated at birth).

Raph's Girl note:
4Kids execs "OMG! Oh noooose!!! conjoined twins surgically seperated at birth!! It's *gasps* controversal!! Noooo!! We can't show that!!"

Anybody who's ever seen "CatDog": ".........."
actually you should be blaming BSMP
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote