The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #501
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That's in the reprint domain, I don't know about any future plans. Sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #502
TurtlePower96
Mouser

Is there any chance of Ace Duck or possibly Pizza Face appearing in the comic at some point?
TurtlePower96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #503
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It's certainly a possibility, sure. It all depends if we have a story to tell with them that fits in our universe.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:36 PM   #504
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bobby do you have a favorite Turtle? Or one you liked when you were younger as a kid/teen when you were first introduced to the franchise? Kevin favors Raphael and Peter Laird has said his favorite is Donatello.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #505
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Krang's mother has never been explored at all-- I don't think anyone internally has ever even brought her up. In retrospect, I think we've done pretty poorly by mothers. Outside of April's mom, they are all dead (Tang Shen, Casey's mom, Angel's mom) or non-existant (Oroku Saki's mom, Krang's mom). It's a blind spot of ours that I'm not proud of.

So maybe we'll see Krang's mom one day, she could still be alive somewhere in Dimension X, maybe. Though personally i'm kind of attracted to the idea that the Utroms don't have genders and have some peculiar method of reproducing. I can say we will be diving into the uniqueness of the Utrom species down the road.
<After a few months with plenty of thought and new information>

Now that Ma'riell is on the scene and has been expressly listed as a female Utrom, then it seems like Utroms wouldn't be genderless.

I have realized that between Saki's mother and Krang's, it would be easiest to explain why Saki's mother isn't around. There's a very strong possibility that she died in childbirth. Given the time period and that she didn't appear to be around when he was a small boy, it might jut be the case.

However, it's highly unlikely for that to be the reason for the absence of Krang's mother. Utroms would be far more capable of curbing maternal deaths, not just because of Ooze, but by other means as well. The best explanations I can think of are that she died later (maybe in battle?) or was captured by enemies and was eventually believed to be dead after rescue could not be achieved. The idea that she might still be alive somewhere in Dimension X might even suggest that others are too.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #506
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Bobby do you have a favorite Turtle? Or one you liked when you were younger as a kid/teen when you were first introduced to the franchise? Kevin favors Raphael and Peter Laird has said his favorite is Donatello.
I was a Leonardo kid (TWO swords!!) and I think that preference has stuck around a bit, and though it's a cliche, I do really love them all.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #507
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It is not TMNT related, but IDW related. I don't know if you would know the answer or could get the answer. I bought two other Blondie comic strip trades IDW printed in 2011 and 2012 respectively. There was a third one planned, but got pushed back 4 times and seems to be in publishing hell. I was wondering it was cancelled or will eventually get released? I rather enjoyed the opportunity of reading the strip's earliest years.

Thank you for any assist in the manner. Also enjoy your Easter.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:16 PM   #508
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Literally no idea, I didn't even know we reprinted Blondie. But when that happens it's typically because the sales on the previous volume didn't indicate that it is profitable to continue the line. Which sucks, I know!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:40 AM   #509
Veg
Random Punk

Hi Bobby,

How much thought went in to launching the TMNT series at the same time as DC relaunching with the New 52? Were there worries your series would be buried amongst all the #1's?

I discovered the series because of DC rebooting and introducing me to the world of comics.

Do you get to see what the other IDW teams are doing? Any stand out books from IDW you read each month? I love Transformers MTMTE as well.

Thanks,
Kane. Southland, New Zealand.

OK to print
Veg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:58 AM   #510
ToTheNines
[sic]

I've a couple of LH questions:

1. How did he mutate if Mutagen wasn't invented until 2011? The ooze would have given him extended longevity, but he shouldn't have mutated right?

2. Where did he get his education? He's not the genius that 4kids LH was but he is very well spoken, and I assume is functioning without the aid of the psychotropic serum. I know 300 years is a long time, but someone had to teach him.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #511
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veg View Post
Hi Bobby,

How much thought went in to launching the TMNT series at the same time as DC relaunching with the New 52? Were there worries your series would be buried amongst all the #1's?

I discovered the series because of DC rebooting and introducing me to the world of comics.

Do you get to see what the other IDW teams are doing? Any stand out books from IDW you read each month? I love Transformers MTMTE as well.

Thanks,
Kane. Southland, New Zealand.

OK to print
We were aware it would be at around the same time as New 52, though we did get #1 out about a month before. But we really didn't have any idea how it would impact our series. Fortunately all signs point to it helping a lot, as many new readers like yourself were able to jump into the book.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #512
Zage
Hench Mutant

Quote:
We were aware it would be at around the same time as New 52, though we did get #1 out about a month before. But we really didn't have any idea how it would impact our series. Fortunately all signs point to it helping a lot, as many new readers like yourself were able to jump into the book.
I say that it's the best comic book series, out there. And to be honest, I'm actually really surprised that it's not in the Previews top 100, on a monthly basis.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #513
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I've a couple of LH questions:

1. How did he mutate if Mutagen wasn't invented until 2011? The ooze would have given him extended longevity, but he shouldn't have mutated right?

2. Where did he get his education? He's not the genius that 4kids LH was but he is very well spoken, and I assume is functioning without the aid of the psychotropic serum. I know 300 years is a long time, but someone had to teach him.
I can't get into these answers too much as we're right in the middle of the Leatherhead story, which is still unfolding. I think I can answer the first question though:

Mutagen was invented long before, as shown by the Triceratons. However, in the modern day Krang, with the Utrom homeworld destroyed, lacked the technical means to create more efficiently, so hired Stockman to synthesize it. But the stuff that seeped into the lagoon in Turtles in Time could been both Ooze and Mutagen that Krang had previously stockpiled. (which was then destroyed by the pirates, which also explains why he had to basically wait until human science caught up a bit, with his help, and was able to contract Stockman to make more).

Pertaining to the other thread, I think you're right Nines, I had forgot that we had mapped out the timeline with those captions that dated the events of Slash's mutation. I don't think it will be a continuity error in terms of the B & R miniseries, but obviously can't speak more to that until the series comes out.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #514
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Thanks. I thought it would have been a reprint department question, but I asked twice and got no reply back. Much appreciated on getting back to me and so quickly at that. I have been hoping for an avenue to read Blondie in reprints, but its been halted.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy said "In IDW we trust!", I say, "In Bobby Curnow we trust!" Zage, tell your Turtle loving friends and I will do the same then perhaps the most underrated comic book currently on the shelves will break the top 100 as it should regularly.

In continuity where would Bebop and Rocksteady Destory Everything fit? Between #51 and #52 or concurrently with #59 and #60 which will be printed at the same time?
Old 03-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #515
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Hey Bobby,

Any chance that there will be any other color classics after The Works Vol 5 is released? Wondering if they might make Ultimate Vol 6 in color?

Thanks,
Justin
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:47 PM   #516
Zage
Hench Mutant

Which is your favorite Punk Frog?

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #517
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veg View Post
Hi Bobby,

I missed this. I don't read nearly as many IDW books as I should considering that I can get them all for free. I've never really been a Transformers fan, but I've read enough to really respect what they are doing in those books. I try and stay on top of a lot of our creator owned. Of course Locke and Key is one of my favorite series ever.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #518
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
In continuity where would Bebop and Rocksteady Destory Everything fit? Between #51 and #52 or concurrently with #59 and #60 which will be printed at the same time?
Short answer is that i'm not entirely sure yet-- it's pretty separate from events in the ongoing, so any number of places could work post-#50. Not #59/60 though!

Let me reexamine this question after the series is done. Basically you don't need to know anything that's going on in the ongoing post-#50 to enjoy B&RDE.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #519
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTooze View Post
Hey Bobby,

Any chance that there will be any other color classics after The Works Vol 5 is released? Wondering if they might make Ultimate Vol 6 in color?

Thanks,
Justin
I don't think so, I haven't heard anything about it.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #520
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Short answer is that i'm not entirely sure yet-- it's pretty separate from events in the ongoing, so any number of places could work post-#50. Not #59/60 though!

Let me reexamine this question after the series is done. Basically you don't need to know anything that's going on in the ongoing post-#50 to enjoy B&RDE.
This is good to hear. I've got a friend who just got back into comics recently and this seems like it'd be a fun series to introduce him to your fantastic comic series
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz