The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Paranormal experiences

Have any of you ever had any supernatural experiences with ghosts, the paranormal and what not? I would be really interesting in hearing your stories.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't buy into ghosts (in fact, I think they were disproven with science a little while ago... http://www.realclearscience.com/blog...of_ghosts.html ) but the best alien story I've ever heard came from the mouth of Erik Larsen.

Erik will tell you this if you ask him. He was a kid with another kid, they were out in the woods in Oregon, way up in the hills. A giant UFO swooshed down and hovered there. It was right above his friend, but he was a ways back... but paralyzed, unable to move (both of them were). A while passed, the UFO swooshed back away, and Erik went to catch up to his friend. He explained what happened to his friend and his friend had no idea what he was talking about, never saw any UFO and doesn't remember being frozen.

Then 10-15 years later his friend drops dead. Inexplicable brain cancer.

Erik swears by the story.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
Vegita-San
Emperor

i do find it interesting when people will dismiss the idea of ghosts as not being real, but aliens are a sure thing ;o).

I personally think both have the possability of being real.

I've had afew odd things happen in my years on the ghost side to make me wonder.

including capturing this audio file in what was SUPPOSED to be a deserted office at 10PM on a friday night. is it possible someone was there and playing a trick? you bet. but notice you d on't hear any footsteps leading up to the recorder. the voice just appears. but as soon as it walks away, you clearly hear footsteps at a distance.

I don't know what it is.we've since added video camera's and haven't had anything like it since. all people in the office deny it's them.. others are scared enough they don't like being here at night anymore. add in the fact that we've had lights turn themselves on at varying degrees....a co worker scared by loud banging noises on a bathroom door when he was in by himself at 5:30am and no one else was around (he didn't even hear the ghost stories we've had previously at that point and was new)..and a few other odd things..

it makes me wonder.
https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/g...ts/ghost-files
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i do find it interesting when people will dismiss the idea of ghosts as not being real, but aliens are a sure thing ;o).
Aliens are a quantifably statistic probability. Trillions upon trillions of worlds in the universe, millions of probable worlds just like ours and habitable out there (and we've already found like 5-6 habitable Earth-like planets in the past 10 years alone)... it's pretty weird to expect that there wouldn't be aliens out there. There kind of has to be.

Ghosts? No proof. Zero probability. But fun to think about.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
Vegita-San
Emperor

why is it so hard to even entertain the possibility for most?

when people die, they know this world goes on without them.

not that tough to believe what we scientifically think of as death is just an evolution into something else.

may not be ghosts....but something.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
why is it so hard to even entertain the possibility for most?

when people die, they know this world goes on without them.

not that tough to believe what we scientifically think of as death is just an evolution into something else.

may not be ghosts....but something.
Yeah... everything lives, dies, and becomes converted into something else. That's true of anything out there.

Best we could hope for is reincarnation, of a sort. i.e., you die, everything goes black, you open your eyes and you're being born somewhere else. Or maybe you're a squirrel. Or on an alien planet. Either way, sort of meaningless as you won't remember your past life. Less reincarnation and more... "reboot"?

Or maybe the simulation ends?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...imulation-cla/
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I like how the thread turned into a "LOL GHOSTS ARENT REAL" thing right off the bat.

Also, UFOs? Definitely arent real. The aliens that people think look like those in film? Definitely arent real.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I have alot of stories to share which still creep me out but heres one in particular.

My maternal grandmother died in 2010 but shortly before her death, almost all of her kids (12 to be exact) foresaw her death in their dreams where she would either pass away directly infront of them or they would be in a funeral but not know who the deceased person was.

My mum's dream involved the whole family (including her deceased father) being at a funeral, wearing pure white but eating great food which puzzled everyone in the dream except for my grandfather who was happy, since funerals werent supposed to have very festival like food.

My mum didn't understand this dream but only a few days later, my grandmother suddenly passed away out of nowhere. No prior running illness, no expectations of death yet the whole family saw it coming in their dreams yet didnt think it was actually going to happen so soon. My grandmother on that day just suddenly started screaming "Im dying! Im dying!" Out of nowhwere and had passed away by the time the doctors arrived. She was then buried next to my grandfather from whom she had been seperated for 7 years since his death.

Her last words were "God! God!" as she slipped into death.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #9
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's entirely probable that there is other life out there in the universe.

The Odds That We’re the Only Advanced Species in the Galaxy Are One in 60 Billion
(airspacemag.com)

As for ghosts or the paranormal?
I think there's a rational explanation for the phenomena that people experience that's more than just telling them what the they saw wasn't real.

Lots of people who worked in my grandfather's store said they saw/heard things after he died. Someone locked my co-workers in the cool room when there were only three of us there, and it wasn't me.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I've experienced Lantern Men, the phenomena is easily explained but in the moment it's fun to pretend and go with the fantasy.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #11
Turo602
The King of Kings

I've always been very intrigued by the idea despite never having witnessed anything concrete. I've went to Bachelors Grove several times and haven't seen anything. It's supposedly one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world. Though, there was a time I went and came back with tons of bad luck. I swear, I kept getting hit with one thing after another. I got really sick, and just when I get better, an ear infection, and when I got better from that, a tooth problem that made my mouth hurt like hell and so on. I looked up if anyone had a similar experience and one other person said that they felt they got hit with bad luck as well after visiting Bachelors Grove.

I've also had tons of family members who claim they've experienced things, and while some of their stories sound like complete bullsh*t, I do believe some of them such as my grandfather whose mother conducted seances. My uncle's family also apparently have a very haunted house and even provided photo evidence of a semi transparent red colored woman dressed in rags standing behind their dog while he was jumping. The photo was taken on a very old school cell phone back in 2005 or 2006, so unless they had some sort of app then, I don't see why or how they would have bullsh*tted a photo.

Also, my mind was completely blown when I found out about "shadow people." As a kid, I've always seen a silhouette of a very tall man with broad shoulders wearing a trench coat and hat like a detective. And then I found out about shadow people a few years ago and couldn't believe other people saw the same thing. I even found an illustration that looks like exactly what I saw. It's supposedly explained by some psychological thing, but it's still pretty insane.

And the only other thing I can think of is seeing doors self open which could have possibly happened due to the door not being closed properly and wind pushing it. But there was this one time where it most definitely wasn't wind. I was up late at night as usual, and around 4AM, my brother's door slammed open. I didn't think anything of it as he usually gets up for work around that time, but after a few minutes, I get up to see why he hasn't left yet and he was still in bed sleeping and he still swears that he didn't open the door.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Well, the way I look at it... Outside of our own planet, what are we? Aliens.

We (and every other living thing on this planet) are already proof enough that things like us can happen. Only simply not proof of how common it is for things at our level of intelligence. Maybe we're rare. Or maybe we're just common primitive idiots. But if we're here then I doubt we're alone.

As for the paranormal... I dunno. It's a subject I've always found fun and interesting, but am still a massive skeptic by nature and can't say I've ever actually believed it. Years ago, I did experience at least a couple odd things that are easily directly related to a former pet, and I'm not the only one in the family to have it experienced it, and even many years later there's still no explanation. Those incidences sometimes make me think... maybe. But at the same time I can't get past doubting it and stuck in between on that one.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-10-2017 at 12:27 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Paranormal experiences? Where do I begin......?

First, four words- they are out there. I've personally seen what would be classed as a UFO. And I was not alone. At least four other witnesses, three of whom were my mom and a family friend and her daughter. The fourth was a guy out night-fishing in a small aluminum boat not far from where we were camped. It was a medium sized "ball of light" type object(think Marfa lights) that did things that NOTHING on Earth could do. Zipping across the lake in a second, flashing or fading in and out as it moved erratically in various directions, disappearing from one location and reappearing elsewhere in an instant far from where it had been, or stopping and hovering ABOVE the water close enough to see that nothing was under or around it.... And when the fisherman trolled his boat over close to it and pointed a spotlight at it- the light flickered, seemed to dim fery fast, and then there was a "zapping" sound (he was close enough to shore that we heard it) and the light died utterly. He immediately fired up his motor and took off like a (low powered) bat out of hell, or at least as fast as the small motor would allow. And right after that, the light shot straight UP and disappeared. Aliens?! You BET I believe!!

As for gjosts, Ive had several incidents that I feel were otherworldly. Being pushed down stairwell steps by an unseen hand at an apartment complex next to the property of a burned-out childrens' home and former mental hospital (it had been both at different times) and having the cover of a fire extinguisher box literally ripped off and fly at me to land just two steps in front of where I was walking on the same day at that complex. Had I not stopped to see what the sound was, it would have hit me! I went up to examine where it came from and found the extinguisher box had been locked and the lock was still intact! And I worked in a place that had its own "spook" with a sence of humor, who nevertheless disliked one guy there. He got a pizza bubble-fork thrown at him. I had a spatula fly off the table sideways and hit the oven- immediately after having told coworkers I had never seen any weird events occur! And there was an ice-cold spot that would move about the store but usually hung around the office. Human shadows that were independent of any source. And a phone line that would ring once anytime someone complained of being bored or such when business was slow. And so on.....

When I was a kid I once had a neighbor a couple of years older than me spend the night. She used my bed and I slept in a bean bag chair. I woke in the middle of the night to find a small shadow (about the height of a 6-yr-old) beside/against my bed STARING at me with white "eyes". It was indistinct in shape but it was directly in a line of light from the hallway, with the bedroom door half open. And no source to make said shadow anywhere in between.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #14
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I like how the thread turned into a "LOL GHOSTS ARENT REAL" thing right off the bat.
a lot of people can convince themselves that just about anything isn't real even if something un explainable is right there in front of them.

especially if they really don't want to believe in it in the first place.

I'd get deeper into it, but ghosts are probably already as far as we should go outside the dis integrator unit .

personally, as far as ghosts and aliens are concerned, i'm going to be a good scientist and be open to just about anything
Old 05-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Aliens maybe, but I dont think ghosts can be explained by science. The very defintion of science these days is to try and explain an observation purely by natural processes, which automatically takes out anything supernatural.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #16
mrmaczaps
Banned

I really don't believe in ghosts as friendly spirits of dead people, but demons here to cause havok, yeah... the house I currently live in has had odd things happen now and again. One evening I was sitting on the couch and theres a half-wall between the living room and the kitchen... in front of the sink was a shadowed looking dude in a full suit with hat (60s Clark Kent) and then just as soon as I saw it, it vanished. Sometimes pacing in the hall, the same lone figure walks back and forth by the door to the secons bedroom on the front of the house.

Hasn't happened in a few years...

Aliens on the otherhand.... a friend and I were on a ride through a neighboring town and saw two bright pairs of 3 lights in a triangular shape. Looked a lot like one plane or whatever. Few minutes later, we stopped to get a better look and the lights split apart, hovered for a moment and then took off... Never saw anything else like it and theres no aircraft that currently have that shape or design with lights on the underside.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:20 PM   #17
snake
Disgusting

I summoned a succubus.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #18
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I summoned a succubus.
Was she hot? :)
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Was she hot?
What would be the point otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Aliens on the otherhand.... a friend and I were on a ride through a neighboring town and saw two bright pairs of 3 lights in a triangular shape. Looked a lot like one plane or whatever. Few minutes later, we stopped to get a better look and the lights split apart, hovered for a moment and then took off... Never saw anything else like it and theres no aircraft that currently have that shape or design with lights on the underside.
No aircraft that we know of. I'm not gonna say "every UFO ever seen is a secret government aircraft" but military projects do get declassified years or decades after they first start deploying them. Imagine the first person who saw a B2 Spirit or an F117 Nighthawk. Those are pretty unworldly looking compared to standard aircraft designs...
Old 05-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #20
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
What would be the point otherwise?
Hey, I'm just saying if she was hot he wouldn't be here to tell the tale now would he?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote