The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like the idea of the turtles being aleins?
Absolutly! 5 2.70%
It doesn't matter to me 29 15.68%
Terrible! 151 81.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #201
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
I don't disagree, as today's audiences are quite savvy. However, not everyone has a computer or would follow the day-by-day details like we would. Depending on who you ask, most casual fans tend to go with their own default media version of the Turtles, and that's that. At least, that's my personal experience prior to joining the forum talking.

And we now or will soon have a new and younger generation of TMNT fans to grow up with the Nicktoon/Viacom film as their first media impression, as we did in past generations with the 87 and '03 series and the respective films. Fortunately, there are almost 30 years-plus of other Turtle media, so it isn't like the next generation doesn't have other options, and "huh, so they aren't always space turtles, after all."

Or to go with TurtleMaster4's advice, "view it as part of the Multiverse and leave it at that." Which is how I'll likely interpret the film, anyway (besides being, as Andrew rightfully observed, "a toy fiesta").
Yeah I see where you're coming from, but the vast majority of the audience these days go to the cinema with a certain idea of what they're about to see, specially with blockbusters. Of course they don't know the details of the plot, but this particular subject doesn't look like it'll be treated secretly if it finally gets to happen. It's already being advertised, and that can only get bigger as we get closer to the release date.

To make it clear, it's not gonna be a twist on the plot intended to surprise the audience, it's just gonna be the status quo of that particular incarnation.

And I just can't view it as part of the Multiverse and leave it at that. I wish I could, as I'm sure it'd made all the different universes easier to enjoy, but I need some things to always be there. I'm not even saying the origin story shouldn't be touched, but if they make them into aliens, I'm feeling like it's a completely different thing.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #202
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wish there was some way to prevent this movie from being filmed.

No Turtle movie at all is better than a bad movie that will remain bad forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #203
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Holy f*ck. Stop.

When we hear definite information about this, and not 15 seconds of Michael Bay talking, then freak out.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #204
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I wish there was a way to shut you up.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #205
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Holy f*ck. Stop.

When we hear definite information about this, and not 15 seconds of Michael Bay talking, then freak out.
Well then let's figure out why nobody from Viacom is coming out and correcting this misinformation?

If Michael Bay is an idiot, why isn't Nick on damage control?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #206
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Because no damage has been done and only retards like you can possibly jump to the conclusions you have?

Aliens=tentacles=having girlfriends=Venus?

F*ck off.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #207
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd say how fast the info is being spread on all the movie and comic websites with people on all sites complaining says enough.

Usually misinformation gets clarified sooner or later.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #208
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Yeah I see where you're coming from, but the vast majority of the audience these days go to the cinema with a certain idea of what they're about to see, specially with blockbusters. Of course they don't know the details of the plot, but this particular subject doesn't look like it'll be treated secretly if it finally gets to happen. It's already being advertised, and that can only get bigger as we get closer to the release date.

To make it clear, it's not gonna be a twist on the plot intended to surprise the audience, it's just gonna be the status quo of that particular incarnation.

And I just can't view it as part of the Multiverse and leave it at that. I wish I could, as I'm sure it'd made all the different universes easier to enjoy, but I need some things to always be there. I'm not even saying the origin story shouldn't be touched, but if they make them into aliens, I'm feeling like it's a completely different thing.
Good points, all. I can only imagine how the focus groups -- and be assured there will be one -- will react to all this. Should be amusing.

In reading one of Andrew's recent posts, I certainly understand his point about not getting worked up (albeit for different reasons). Any other format, I'd be cynical or apathetic, but it's becoming a tad difficult to accept that in this case, as I did enjoy the live-action Turtle fare, despite the flaws. (Or that could be because I'm now a part of the fandom and able to express such and such Turtle-themed opinion in real time, for the first time in a long while.)

So, anyway, yes, I do mirror your views, even while I attempt to rationalize the rest. "It's just another Turtle movie, so just relax, etc." Or "ignore stupid canon," which I have done with the Turtles, from time to time. Admittedly, it is easy to say, harder to do at times.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #209
Billbeaux
Foot Soldier

The phrase "What in the tumbling ****?!" gets thrown around a lot these days...

...so permit me to do it again:

WHAT IN THE TUMBLING ****?!?!?!
Billbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #210
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

I want to play devil's advocate.

What if it does end up kind of like Superman.

What if the guys are the last four beings of there kind, what if coming to Earth as infants triggers Splinter's mutation and intelligent now he finds the children and raises them OR what if some of the same beings the guys are from purposely causes Splinter's mutation and also programs him with all the knowledge in order to train the Turtles to be incredible fighters.

What if Krang or any villain is the ones that destroyed their home world and is who they are trained to fight.

Over used plot yes, but I also think I could watch this film, particularly if the effects and fights scenes are top notch.

I feel there are certain aspects of the franchise that can't be altered, like the idea of family and the idea of the guys being real outsiders. I also feel if those aspects can be honored maybe something more out there could work.

Everyone else is making things up so I thought I would too

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #211
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I guess it'd be a lot easier for me to find the energy to get worked up about this if there had actually ever been a good TMNT movie. One sort of OK one, then a freefall in quality from there, movie after movie.
Really? I thought the fourth movie was at very least a step up from the third one.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #212
Mutant_Hero_Turtle95
Random Punk

I really hope bay dosent mess up our heroes origin. This is just a terrible idea
Mutant_Hero_Turtle95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #213
Ninjinister
無問題

F**k. This is all over the internet with so many people whining.

They can't honestly do any worse with the characters than Mirage themselves have at times. April and Rat King, anyone?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #214
k_lala
Hench Mutant

There's got to be a petition to stop this right? Common guys, we should do something. It's not too late is it?
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #215
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
There's got to be a petition to stop this right? Common guys, we should do something. It's not too late is it?
Instead of starting a useless petition how about you realize that it's just a damn movie.

A MOVIE WE STILL KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT!

For the love of christ
Bay is NOT directing or writing the movie.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #216
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

You mean you don't know? People all over the internet are already making petitions. I'm wondering, did Bay wake up one day and say "Hey I got an idea we can use! Let's make the teenage mutant ninja turtles into the teenage ALIEN ninja turtles! People would just love it!" I'm still hoping that this is some bad joke because I want to see the turtles in the movies again. Because if it isn't, then I'm not laughing.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 03-19-2012 at 06:50 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #217
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post

They can't honestly do any worse with the characters than Mirage themselves have at times. April and Rat King, anyone?
The only good post here.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #218
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Just checked, there are numerous ones take your pick.
http://www.change.org/petitions/mich...es-terrestrial
http://www.change.org/petitions/mich...nts-not-aliens
http://www.change.org/petitions/prod...-ninja-turtles
http://www.change.org/petitions/sign...-ninja-turtles
http://www.change.org/petitions/mich...-ninja-turtles
http://www.change.org/petitions/one-...-remaking-tmnt
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/anti-bay/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/t...liens-allowed/
http://www.change.org/petitions/sign...-ninja-turtles
http://www.change.org/petitions/do-n...es-into-aliens

Last edited by Xav; 03-21-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #219
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Each one more pointless than the last.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #220
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

i'm staying positive being that it is still early. too be sure there are smarter folks in hollywood that will tell michael bay that making the turtles into aliens is a bad idea and his idea will get vetoed.

Tags
cancelled media, depressing, gay