The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I think the entire world population is going to learn aliens invaded New York at some point, especially with the video footage being so incredibly obvious.
Ya know I was thinking about it and I think one of the only ways that humanity as a whole could be prevented from becoming aware of the invasion of the Triceratons and their attack on New York City would be if several members of the Pantheon banded together and used their mind-control magic to do something about it. Based on the solicits for April and May we know that much of New York is indeed f#cked up as a result of the battle fought there, but maybe the rest of the world is either unaware of what happened or ignorant of why and how it happened, due to the Pantheon using magical illusions or memory-altering magic or something. I just feel like it'll be a Big F#cking Deal if the entire population of Earth learns that aliens from another dimension invaded our planet, abducted some triceratops, and mutated them into a whole race of noble warriors that are willing to fight to reclaim a place on Earth. That's a pretty big alteration to the status quo of IDW's TMNT, when as far as I know in TMNT comics things are usually just the same as they are in real life, barring technology that is capable of mutating normal turtles into intelligent, bipedal humanoids.

Damn, this is gonna be a good year for TMNT comics
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #22
ChosenOne
Banned

What would serve the story more, though? The Turtles and their ilk remaining a secret, or coming out to the world at large? IDW already blazed a new trail when Splinter took over the Foot, maybe they could do just as well with this notion. Didn't the 4Kids series do something similar at one point?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #23
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
What would serve the story more, though? The Turtles and their ilk remaining a secret, or coming out to the world at large? IDW already blazed a new trail when Splinter took over the Foot, maybe they could do just as well with this notion. Didn't the 4Kids series do something similar at one point?
I know a big storybeat in volume 4 of the Mirage comics had aliens making contact with Earth and the turtles getting used to a life out of the shadows.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That's what I think is so so cool, they could go either way with the story and there would be lots of interesting avenues to take.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote