The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #341
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Bought my tickets; ready to go...
Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 PM   #342
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Bought my tickets; ready to go...
You seeing it opening weekend?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #343
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I know I am.
A good friend has a ticket for me opening night.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #344
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
You seeing it opening weekend?
Me and Lady Cylons, bright and early Saturday morning. Gonna really try to avoid spoilers.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #345
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Me and Lady Cylons, bright and early Saturday morning. Gonna really try to avoid spoilers.
Amen to that. I feel like if I don't go Thursday night or early Friday evening right after work then I'd best just stay off the internet til I do see it or the whole thing will be spoilt
Old 03-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #346
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Amen to that. I feel like if I don't go Thursday night or early Friday evening right after work then I'd best just stay off the internet til I do see it or the whole thing will be spoilt
I care more about avoiding nerd crowds than spoilers. Plus, tickets are half off... can't beat that!

But yeah, gonna have to buckle down, close my eyes and ears...
Old 03-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #347
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I care more about avoiding nerd crowds than spoilers. Plus, tickets are half off... can't beat that!

But yeah, gonna have to buckle down, close my eyes and ears...
You find comic nerd crowds annoying? I've never had a problem with one that I can remember. I don't mind hearing other audience members' reactions as long as they're measured and not just some guy yelling at the screen

Matinee movies are the best, I almost never go to the theater after 5:30 anymore. Only non-matinee showing I've seen in years is Black Panther
Old 03-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #348
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You find comic nerd crowds annoying? I've never had a problem with one that I can remember. I don't mind hearing other audience members' reactions as long as they're measured and not just some guy yelling at the screen

Matinee movies are the best, I almost never go to the theater after 5:30 anymore. Only non-matinee showing I've seen in years is Black Panther
I don't like crowds in general, and for this movie, I don't want a bunch of people in costumes applauding every time a new Avenger steps onscreen. They clap and they whistle, and I can't hear the dialogue afterwards. And they're either explaining to their friends/family/sigoths who each character is, or what comic is being referenced. Again, and I can't hear dialogue. So I'm hoping for an empty theater. At 8am on a Saturday, I might just get it!

Y'know how the industry talks about streaming movies immediately upon release to your homes for money? I'm the target market on that.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #349
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
That's the theory. Apparently he's been seen on-set with swords instead of a bow, but I don't know if it was for Infinity War or Avengers 4

Woot! So my theory might be right! I can't wait to see it. If it turns out to be true, it could explain why he has ""disappeared". I would love it if they used that sub-plot from the comics Civil War storyline. He is bad@$$ as Ronin. Like, trained by the Hand bad@$$.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #350
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So, how do we think the movie ends?

With half of the universe snapped out of existence? With somebody fleeing back in time to undo Thanos' rampage? With shwarmra?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #351
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I think the "Will Tony die?" stuff is misdirection and Captain America definitely dies in this one at the end. He's only been seen on set for Avengers 4 in the bit which is clearly a recreation of the Battle of New York with him in his Avengers 1 costume... which is either a flashback or a time travel.

It's hard to really think about where things are left. I can't imagine Infinity War will end with Thanos in charge, presiding over everything until Avengers 4... so what, then? We know Thanos is still the villain in Avengers 4, but something has to "break it up" to send both parties back into their corners between movies.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #352
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:

With half of the universe snapped out of existence? With somebody fleeing back in time to undo Thanos' rampage? With shwarmra?
Mutants, all the way down.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #353
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think the "Will Tony die?" stuff is misdirection and Captain America definitely dies in this one at the end. He's only been seen on set for Avengers 4 in the bit which is clearly a recreation of the Battle of New York with him in his Avengers 1 costume... which is either a flashback or a time travel.

It's hard to really think about where things are left. I can't imagine Infinity War will end with Thanos in charge, presiding over everything until Avengers 4... so what, then? We know Thanos is still the villain in Avengers 4, but something has to "break it up" to send both parties back into their corners between movies.
Considering Cap didn't die in Civil War... I dunno, all these missed opportunities for significant character deaths throughout the entire MCU, and now that'll finally happen in Infinity War? I dunno. I'm a skeptic. Does Marvel really think Sebastian Shaw can carry Captain America 4? When they don't even have the guts to kill off Rhodes in Civil War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Old 03-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #354
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I assume by Cap not dieing in Civil War, you mean the movie version? Because Cap's death was a major part of the comic storyline. But it could still happen here. They seem to have a habit of taking PARTS of comic events and moving them around or altering them- like Natasha being the one to change sides instead of Spidey in Civil War (since that wouldn't make sense, given he had just been recruited not more than ten minutes earlier in the film), or War Machine ALMOST getting killed, when the comics had Golioth die in the fighting. (Never mind that he's not even IN the movies- but he's basically a Giant Man/Pym knockoff, and they could have just as easily have killed Ant Man like in the Ultimates animated Avengers movie.)

And the first Avengers movie used part of the Secret Invasion plot, when the Skrulls- excuse me, Chitauri- actually invaded (after having planted sleeper agent look-alikes among the heroes and governments of the world in the comics....) Loki could easily have stood in for those agents. Or we could just say the Hydra agents in SHIELD played a similar role. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that they simply put a "delay fuse" on Cap's death to take place later instead of during the story arc it was originally in.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #355
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

Quote:
I think you're right about the Iron Man/Captain America death switcheroo, Andrew. Both actors wouldn't mind bowing out at this point after playing their characters for so long and both are getting really expensive to keep around. I figure we'll lose one for sure and one's role may be reduced in future stories to make way for new characters, or we may just lose them too in A4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Oh god no pls

The introduction of mutants to the MCU needs a lot more thought than they have had available in the time since the first murmurings of the deal with Fox to bring mutants into the MCU in Infinity War, or before all the movies they already have in preproduction

Quote:
Yeah, they can't have Thanos just beat the sh!t out of all the Avengers and put on the Infinity Gauntlet, "The End". But they could have Thanos beat the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy and everybody else, get all the Infinity Gems, put them in the gauntlet and snap his fingers and reset all of reality in his preferred image. They would just need to have an epilogue showing some of the new status quo, with who is still alive and who is dead, and who if anyone is aware that reality has been altered

Quote:
Considering Cap didn't die in Civil War... I dunno, all these missed opportunities for significant character deaths throughout the entire MCU, and now that'll finally happen in Infinity War? I dunno. I'm a skeptic. Does Marvel really think Sebastian Shaw can carry Captain America 4? When they don't even have the guts to kill off Rhodes in Civil War?
I don't know about either one of them on their own but I'd definitely watch a Winter Soldier/Falcon buddy flick
Old 04-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #356
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So, this movie premiers tomorrow and I"m still unsure if I should get tickets or not, I didn't do my MCU marathon as I wanted and I haven't seen most of the recent films.... The hype around here is pretty big though.

On the other hand The total lack of queer characters in 'Infinity War' Indicates a problem in the comic book industry
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #357
ZariusTwo
Overlord

According to some details from those who attended the screening

Spoiler:
The whole "this is it's own stand alone movie" line is complete horses*it, the movie ends on a cliffhanger with Thanos winning and almost everyone except the original Avengers line-up dies
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #358
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
According to some details from those who attended the screening

Spoiler:
The whole "this is it's own stand alone movie" line is complete horses*it, the movie ends on a cliffhanger with Thanos winning and almost everyone except the original Avengers line-up dies
Weird.
Spoiler:
I mean, I kind of figured it was something like that... but Thanos "wins," we get some other movies in between, then don't get a conclusion until the next movie?
I knew it kind of had to be like that, but that just doesn't sound remotely satisfying to me.
Spoiler:
It'd be like Avengers 1 ending with the hole in the sky opening up and the Chitauri coming down and BAM, end credits.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #359
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Weird.
Spoiler:
I mean, I kind of figured it was something like that... but Thanos "wins," we get some other movies in between, then don't get a conclusion until the next movie?
I knew it kind of had to be like that, but that just doesn't sound remotely satisfying to me.
Spoiler:
The movie is supposed to be from Thanos' perspective, so there is some lie in the truth. It's a cliffhanger only if you follow the base narrative of the lead heroes, but the character who has the journey is Thanos
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #360
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, doesn't seem to really be wowing people much:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...pected-a159978

Tags
askthepolice, avengers cuck wars, avengers infinite sjws, captain americuck, cuckvengers, infinity cucks, thankyouquicksilver, the incredible cuck, whereisthelaser?