The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Rapper T.I visits the gynecologist every year to check his daughter's hymen

...to make sure she's still a virgin. He's been doing that since his daughter's 16th birthday:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virgini...eck-her-hymen/

Quote:
The rapper told the hosts that after the teen's 16th birthday party, he put a sticky note on her door that read, "'Gyno. Tomorrow. 9:30.'"

"So we'll go and sit down and the doctor comes and talk, and the doctor's maintaining a high level of professionalism," T.I. explained, adding that the doctor asked Harris if was ok to tell her dad the results. "He's like, 'You know, sir, I have to, in order to share information' — I'm like, 'Deyjah, they want you to sign this so we can share information. Is there anything you would not want me to know? See, Doc? Ain't no problem.'"

T.I. added he had been told the hymen can be torn or broken in activities other that vaginal sex, such as "bike riding, athletics, horseback riding, and just other forms of athletic physical activity." However, he appeared to brush the comments off.

"So I say, 'Look, Doc, she don't ride no horses, she don't ride no bike, she don't play no sports," he said, BuzzFeed reported. "Just check the hymen, please, and give me back my results expeditiously.'"

He also informed the podcast hosts, as well as their listeners, that "as of her 18th birthday, her hymen is still intact."

T.I.'s comments have faced intense backlash on social media."Idk who needs to hear this but virginity is a made-up social construct, and it has absolutely nothing to do with your hymen," tweeted Planned Parenthood in a long thread.

"This is horrible on so many levels," tweeted Jennifer Gunter,a prominent gynecologist, in another long thread explaining what the hymen is and debunking common myths about it.

"No exaggeration, T.I. invading the space and humanity of his daughter like this is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard," tweeted author Frederick Joseph.

The practice of "virginity testing" was condemned by the World Health Organization, U.N. Human Rights and U.N. Women in 2018 when the organizations issued a statement demanding the elimination of the practice. Virginity testing, also referred to as hymen, "two-finger" or per vaginal examination, "is an inspection of female genitalia designed to determine whether a woman or girl has had vaginal intercourse," according to the WHO.

The WHO further stated the practice has no scientific or clinical basis and is a violation of human rights, adding that it can be detrimental to the women or girls' well-being.

The episode of the podcast, titled "Life Hacks with T.I." is still available to listeners, however it appears the controversial comments have since been edited out. The show's network Podcast One or Harris have not yet responded to comment. However, Harris has liked various tweets condemning her father's behavior, including one calling it "disgusting, possessive and controlling."
I had no idea who the this guy was before I read this news, but I found it so bizarre I had to share.

I'm lost for words. What about you guys?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Dude’s dumb as a brick cause that’s not how the hymen works. It’s not a seal of virginity, 50% if sexually active teens don’t have a “broken” hymen.

But he’s fine with his son being sexually active that hypocritical jack wagon
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I can understand his... trepidation about his daughter, but this is dumb. I mean, what was he even going to do if she came back from one of these "checks" and it was "broken"? Throw her in the streets? Take her out of the will?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I can understand his... trepidation about his daughter, but this is dumb. I mean, what was he even going to do if she came back from one of these "checks" and it was "broken"? Throw her in the streets? Take her out of the will?
Exactly. What does this accomplish exactly? I think this is more of a reflection of his lifestyle and culminating belief systems than hers.

He'd be better off working on communication with his daughter to establish a "tell me anything" relationship.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #5
Sumac
Banned

L.O.L.
I wouldn't want to live in the family of this idiot.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That is creepy as hell.

I can understand wanting your kid to make certain choices or waiting until adulthood to make them and being a parent who is open with their kid in hoping it'll turn out that way... but trying to be being a frigging inspector and gatekeeper of your child's genitals is really, really gross.

It's some of this old-time BS that made "feminism" needed to begin with...and once again is shown why it still needs to be a thing. She's your daughter, not your god damned property.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That is creepy as hell.

I can understand wanting your kid to make certain choices or waiting until adulthood to make them and being a parent who is open with their kid in hoping it'll turn out that way... but trying to be being a frigging inspector and gatekeeper of your child's genitals is really, really gross.

It's some of this old-time BS that made "feminism" needed to begin with...and once again is shown why it still needs to be a thing. She's your daughter, not your god damned property.
Agreed, and publically broadcasting it is disgusting. It's always the damn fathers that care about this stuff and it is creepy and perverted feeling. Also a serious double standard that people only care about their daughters' "virginity" and not their sons'.

If I had kids I would explain sex to them, explain why people have it, explain the consequences, but them some condoms, and make it very clear that I am there to support them and help them no matter their decision.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
buy them some condoms,
I don't think I'd do that. That seems gross. "Here you go, daughter, have your boyfriend put his penis in these rubber sleeves I've bought you."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:54 AM   #9
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't think I'd do that. That seems gross. "Here you go, daughter, have your boyfriend put his penis in these rubber sleeves I've bought you."
better than her just getting pregnant immediately

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote