The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-18-2020, 05:08 PM   #3541
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Ghost - Paramount Presents

https://i.imgur.com/5VKNO4q.jpg?2

This actually comes out next Tuesday, but it showed up in my mailbox early. This is also my first home video purchase of the year since March.

This is the eighth title to be released in the Paramount Presents line of Blu-ray releases. I'm hoping that Beavis and Butt-head Do America and Save the Last Dance will be part of this line, since both still don't have Blu-ray releases.
For some reason I thought that was a laserdisc.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:37 PM   #3542
Leo656
The Franchise

Picked up that "Halloween" gimmick from 2018 on Blu-ray + DVD for like $12, and "Dracula: The Complete Legacy Collection" on DVD for like six bucks.

Problem now being that I've never seen any of the Halloween movies. I keep waiting for a nice cheap box set but every time they get cheap a new movie comes out and so they jack up the price again. And since I've never seen any of them I'd prefer to watch all of them in release order and not keep strictly to story order.

I'm aware the new one ignores everything after the first one and thus that's the only one I "need" to see first, so no need to tell me about it. Mind ya bid'ness.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #3543
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The California Raisins Collection!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #3544
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Birthday Haul that includes comics

Old 10-07-2020, 12:36 AM   #3545
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

I unfortunately had to get one with the slip cover a bit mangled at the top, and part of the label is torn.

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 10-20-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #3546
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Daria - The Complete Animated Series

I've gotten three home video titles this year before this one, and there's one coming out next week that I plan on getting, but I didn't think I'd be getting anything else this year besides those four. Daria was on Hulu for a time, and I'd watch it on my phone at work sometimes. So when Hulu took it down, I decided to get my own set. Target's site is the only place that had available copies for a reasonable price, but since it didn't cost enough to get free shipping, I added enough boxes of Count Chocula to my cart until I could get free shipping. (Count Chocula is only available once a year anyway.) This might be the only DVD release I get this year. The other titles I've gotten so far this year are Blu-rays, and the one I'll get next week is a 4K title.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #3547
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I have gotten quite a few lately. I have gotten Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna as well as several films from different decades and genres. I picked up in the last month Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 25th anniversary edition, A Few Good Men, Last Man on Earth (1964) color and black & white versions, Commando Director's Cut, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Heat Director's Cut, Tombstone Director's cut and War Games 2: The Dead Code all on DVD.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-14-2020 at 06:29 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:28 PM   #3548
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kuzuna.

https://i.imgur.com/tIuCgPt.jpg?2

I unfortunately had to get one with the slip cover a bit mangled at the top, and part of the label is torn.
Great minds think alike! I am amused at how as soon as it ends its being updated and reinterpreted. I would like to read your thoughts on how you thought it all ended, possible conflicting ends with the season 2 book end, and also if its worth suffering through the buffering lag on crunchyroll to watch the reinterpretation as it comes out. I understand the clock has started ticking for Leomon and Devimon has a different role. Though I have yet to see beyond episode 3 of the version I will eventually.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #3549
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Back to the Future - The Ultimate Trilogy

It's October, but this is my final intended purchase of the year, although I could change my mind and get something else new before the year is over. This is my fifth purchase of the year, but the fourth intended purchase. There isn't anything that I might want that I can currently preorder either, or anything that has just only been announced. So the next announcement might make for a very nice surprise, although there are things I'm hoping that will get released.

Now I've been buying 4K Blu-rays even though I don't have the means to use them. I've actually been future-proofing. (Does anyone see what I did there?) I did the same with Blu-rays.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #3550
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Finally getting copies of the old Garfield and Charlie Brown Halloween specials. One of them was via a seller that had a savings if you got two DVDs and had Turtles Forever for sale so I nabbed that too.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:23 PM   #3551
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Black Lightning Season 2 (Which took a year to get it on blu ray) and Black Lightning Season 3

Old 11-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #3552
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The Last Blockbuster

After only five titles, I thought I was done with home video releases for the year, but once I found out that this was coming out, I just had to preorder it. It's scheduled for release December 15th, but it came to me early, yesterday.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #3553
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
The Last Blockbuster

https://i.imgur.com/ymmgeY9.jpg?1

After only five titles, I thought I was done with home video releases for the year, but once I found out that this was coming out, I just had to preorder it. It's scheduled for release December 15th, but it came to me early, yesterday.
That looks interesting!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:20 PM   #3554
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That looks interesting!
It is rather neat. I watched it yesterday. It'll be available on demand too.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:04 AM   #3555
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Olsenbanden (Olsen Gang) crime comedies norwegian blu ray set......50 yrs since the gang met Dynamite Harry , the drunken "master" of explosives - hes a bit rude in his first appearance and not jolly like in later films

14 films were made from 1969 to '99
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #3556
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Small black friday haul

Old 12-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #3557
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I secretly bought these in the past few years Their Blu-ray counterparts had store exclusive releases that I bought, but I also wanted to get the four below while they still had slipcovers, and in case I decided I'd switch to 4K. So I can play them now that I have a UHDTV and a 4K Blu-ray player.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #3558
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter 8-Film Collection
The Peanuts Movie
X-Men 3-Film Collection
X-Men: Beginnings

I ordered these in the past couple of weeks to finish up my 4K collection. I held off on them because they weren't replacing their Blu-ray counterparts, except for X-Men: Beginnings, which includes the theatrical cut of Days of Future Past which I had the Blu-ray of, and Apocalypse, of which I had the individual movie on 4K. I lucked out with the Harry Potter set because it still came with a digital code that the box said would be expired by now, but it actually worked. The one for The Peanuts Movie (which is what came today) still worked too, but I had already used the one that came with the Blu-ray. So I guess the digital copy won't be upgraded to 4K. The Dark Knight Trilogy unfortunately doesn't come with a code anymore.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #3559
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Hey Storm Eagle, a couple of questions for you. First off, what is the difference in Blu-ray and DVD 4k? I have accumulated a dozen films in the last two months, but all are on the same old format, DVD. For example, I have The Peanuts Movie and The Dark Knight Trilogy, but don't see the need to duplicate in a different format.

Also, since our website filmaf was shutdown after the new owner died suddenly, what have you been using to keep up with your personal catalog? I saw a Facebook post where a representative of My Movies said they could take our preexisting data and fold it into its site. However, I inquired about it in email like the poster told user to do but five weeks have passed since I inquired about it.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #3560
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Hey Storm Eagle, a couple of questions for you. First off, what is the difference in Blu-ray and DVD 4k? I have accumulated a dozen films in the last two months, but all are on the same old format, DVD. For example, I have The Peanuts Movie and The Dark Knight Trilogy, but don't see the need to duplicate in a different format.

Also, since our website filmaf was shutdown after the new owner died suddenly, what have you been using to keep up with your personal catalog? I saw a Facebook post where a representative of My Movies said they could take our preexisting data and fold it into its site. However, I inquired about it in email like the poster told user to do but five weeks have passed since I inquired about it.
There's no such thing as DVD 4K, first of all, but that was probably a typo, wasn't it?

I have the Blu-ray of The Peanuts Movie that was a Target exclusive with the bonus disc, with special features that aren't on the 4K version. So I might just want to watch those special features every now and then, and watch the 4K for better picture quality. The Blu-ray set for The Dark Knight Trilogy has an extra disc of bonus features that the 4K doesn't, although it's not a store exclusive. I guess such things just make for good collector's items.

As for cataloging, I'm currently not using any sites for that.