The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #2561
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Here's a few more photos at the Fwoosh website:
http://thefwoosh.com/2020/10/fwooshc...as-randy-falk/

Spoiler:

You know, "headless Vernon" might end up being just as fun as Rat-Face Vernon.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 10-19-2020 at 12:21 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:02 PM   #2562
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
I've been searching for it a couple of times this morning but no luck. Not sure if NECA is having Target hold back on putting it up.
I don’t think Neca has anything to do with the way Target handles their releases. They were already delayed from Last Friday. I wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up online randomly, any day this Week.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #2563
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
For those that may not want to listen to the whole thing, these are the key points I took away from it:

More toon figures will be revealed via a pack-in 'catalog' with figure(s) releasing later this year (speculation on my part, but Krang's Android Body seems a likely candidate).

More Ultimate-style figures will be released next year, either because the character or accessories they come with are larger than a normal character.

Vehicles and playsets were recently discussed with Nickelodeon. Randy seems REALLY supportive of a sewer lair set.

Toshishiro Obata hasn't necessarily denied permission to use his likeness, so much as NECA hasn't been able to get a likeness rights discussion going with him.

Movie April is coming in the spring.

Randy confirmed that they did get Elias's likeness and suggested that the unmasked figure won't just be a head swap of the original. Also suggested that there would be multiple Elias figures coming (hopefully not from Turtles III, but I really only remember two unmasked looks for Casey in the movie... and one of them would be identical to the masked Casey).

Loot Crate will continue and Randy said the philosophy behind the selected figures will remain "cool enough that people want them, but not so cool you'll feel like your collection is incomplete without them."

Archie series was brought up, but Randy wasn't sure that series was included in their current license. Same with the IDW series.

Mirage was brought up and Randy suggested that they'd return to that line next year and possibly rotate specialty store releases between video games and Mirage figures. Also of note there, he said their video game license wasn't limited to the arcades and we may see figures based off of various home console releases (which we kind of already knew based off of Slash and Bebop & Rocksteady).

There may be something else I missed as I was listening in the background while working, but those were my big takeaways.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:49 PM   #2564
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
For those that may not want to listen to the whole thing, these are the key points I took away from it:

More toon figures will be revealed via a pack-in 'catalog' with figure(s) releasing later this year (speculation on my part, but Krang's Android Body seems a likely candidate).

More Ultimate-style figures will be released next year, either because the character or accessories they come with are larger than a normal character.

Vehicles and playsets were recently discussed with Nickelodeon. Randy seems REALLY supportive of a sewer lair set.

Toshishiro Obata hasn't necessarily denied permission to use his likeness, so much as NECA hasn't been able to get a likeness rights discussion going with him.

Randy confirmed that they did get Elias's likeness and suggested that the unmasked figure won't just be a head swap of the original. Also suggested that there would be multiple Elias figures coming (hopefully not from Turtles III, but I really only remember two unmasked looks for Casey in the movie... and one of them would be identical to the masked Casey).

Loot Crate will continue and Randy said the philosophy behind the selected figures will remain "cool enough that people want them, but not so cool you'll feel like your collection is incomplete without them."

Archie series was brought up, but Randy wasn't sure that series was included in their current license. Same with the IDW series.

Mirage was brought up and Randy suggested that they'd return to that line next year and possibly rotate specialty store releases between video games and Mirage figures. Also of note there, he said their video game license wasn't limited to the arcades and we may see figures based off of various home console releases (which we kind of already knew based off of Slash and Bebop & Rocksteady).

There may be something else I missed as I was listening in the background while working, but those were my big takeaways.
Just to add...

Expect the regular 2 pack turtles to be rereleased next year. The turtles will be paired differently with the old classic logo on the package. There seems to also be a 4 pack coming with some cool bonuses.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:36 PM   #2565
Lreid183
Random Punk

Quote:

I fully expect Chrome Dome to be one of those over-sized Deluxe figures coming next year...
Lreid183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #2566
teemu
Stone Warrior

I expect and think we'll see

Ultimates- Wingnut with Screwloose and Mutagen man

Playsets- The Turtle Van and Sewer Lair

The punk frogs, Neutrino's, Dirtbag & Groundchuk, Usagi Yojimbo, Irma langstein, Scumbug and Antrax
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:11 AM   #2567
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Thanks for the recaps, guys. I'm also digging the sound of a lot of the speculations. I'm always going to be more into the Super7 versions of a lot of the characters that appeared in both lines (Slash, Muckman, Triceraton, etc) but that doesn't mean I won't double dip for most of them! I'd be especially excited for a Dirtbag/Groundchuck 2-pack.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:35 AM   #2568
wayneepoo
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post

The punk frogs, Neutrino's, Dirtbag & Groundchuk, Usagi Yojimbo, Irma langstein, Scumbug and Antrax
Don't forget Burne Thompson!
wayneepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #2569
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Hope if they do a sewer lair and van it is on their site. I would love to have the sewer especially. I imagine they might be too big for the big box stores to be willing to do. They could do an option with figures like the turtles and April in the van for people who haven't been able to get those.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:24 AM   #2570
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lreid183 View Post
I fully expect Chrome Dome to be one of those over-sized Deluxe figures coming next year...
I completely agree. If they ever do the Pizza Monsters I can see them being Ultimates as well since they're pretty large.

Also, if they ever decide to do the Turtles in alternate outfits, I certainly wouldn't mind Donatello The Dark Turtle or the Muske-Turtles!
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #2571
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Here's a few more photos at the Fwoosh website:
http://thefwoosh.com/2020/10/fwooshc...as-randy-falk/

You know, "headless Vernon" might end up being just as fun as Rat-Face Vernon.
That Rat King looks awesome, but I can't help but feel disappointment every time I see that April figure...

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #2572
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
That Rat King looks awesome, but I can't help but feel disappointment every time I see that April figure...
She's a little better in-hand in my opinion but yeah, I'm not sure how they missed the mark so much with her. Maybe they knew they could double up with her by releasing a bad sculpt now and then redoing her later for an Irma 2-pack or a Channel 6 van.

This is NECA after all.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #2573
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post

When I recently went back through the Fred Wolf series, I was surprised to learn that most of my fond memories of this show were contained within the first three seasons. I recognize episodes past those, but it's those first three seasons that really trigger my Turtles nostalgia.

The one exception is Planet of the Turtleoids, which really stands out to me because of how it was originally aired. I think the Saturday night 'movie' presentation really made that one feel special to nine year-old me, so for that reason, I'd be all in for Groundchuck, Dirtbag and Chrome Dome.

Beyond that, I feel like we're fast approaching the end of my 'must-have' characters for this line. I'm already considering skipping Zorax and Zork, and I have no real affinity for the cartoon versions of Mondo and Muckman, either. Realistically, I'd probably still be in for the Neutrinos, the punk frogs, Usagi, Burne and Irma... and maybe Don Turtelli?
Old 10-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #2574
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
When does Rat King come out? After seeing the video I gotta have it asap!

While I am at it, Slash and Leatherhead have already been released,correct? My Target is overrun with Bebop and Rocksteady and Tragg and Granitor at the moment.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #2575
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
When does Rat King come out? After seeing the video I gotta have it asap!

While I am at it, Slash and Leatherhead have already been released,correct? My Target is overrun with Bebop and Rocksteady and Tragg and Granitor at the moment.
You likely won't be finding Slash/Leatherhead unless they're re-released (which is probably likely). They came out months ago and even had a preorder through NECA. I never saw them myself.

If Randy didn't mention a release date for Rat King then they likely haven't figured it out yet. Might not be until 2021 since we've still got three more packs coming this year (four if you count the Triceraton/RR pack).
Old 10-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #2576
Lreid183
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
I completely agree. If they ever do the Pizza Monsters I can see them being Ultimates as well since they're pretty large.

Also, if they ever decide to do the Turtles in alternate outfits, I certainly wouldn't mind Donatello The Dark Turtle or the Muske-Turtles!
If the Pizza Monster could somehow fit in the large 2-pack box, it would make a great army builder set with a few Mousers.... but otherwise, I could see it being a huge Deluxe figure, too...
Lreid183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #2577
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
You likely won't be finding Slash/Leatherhead unless they're re-released (which is probably likely). They came out months ago and even had a preorder through NECA. I never saw them myself.

If Randy didn't mention a release date for Rat King then they likely haven't figured it out yet. Might not be until 2021 since we've still got three more packs coming this year (four if you count the Triceraton/RR pack).
I believe Randy said we MAY see Rat King/Vernon this year, but if not, it would be very early next year.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:55 PM   #2578
IMJ
Emperor

Does anyone know if the NECA cityscape environment would fit nicely in a detolf? Will it fit in a detolf horizontally even if vertically you'd have to remove a shelf?

I could probably find the dimensions somewhere, but I'm hoping someone here just knows already.

Last edited by IMJ; 10-20-2020 at 07:16 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #2579
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Does anyone know if the NECA cityscape environment would fit nicely in a detolf? Will it fit in a detold horizontally even if vertically you'd have to remove a shelf?

I could probably find the dimensions somewhere, but I'm hoping someone here just knows already.
It's too wide for a Detolf.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #2580
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
It's too wide for a Detolf.
Damn. Alright, thank you. I was hoping maybe to get some display time out of it along with the upcoming Batman '66 3 3/4" set and the like.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote