The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 12:17 AM   #41
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Season 10 was pretty much anything goes, so, yeah that would've worked.

I actually really like Chloe. The issue was the show never gave Clark the role of being the investigative reporter; that was always relegated to Chloe. And when Chloe finally stepped away from being a journalist to become Watchtower, Lois just took over the role. That would have been a great time for Clark to learn how to track down leads, work angles, yknow... investigate.

Still, even when Lana and Chloe were getting a good amount of attention, I can't remember a single time either of them saved the day in the end. (Unless you count finding Clark KO'd and they toss away the piece of Kryptonite laying around.) Clark was always the hero who conquered the villain. On Arrow, Felicity has pretty much saved Oliver and the planet ten times over.

So, what do you have against Chloe, anyways?
Well there was super suit Lana.

As far as Chloe, to me, she always came off as very needy. Especially with Clark. I mean, I get the fact that she had a crush, sure. But look at the episode Fever. Clark's over there on the couch, dying and he calls out to Lana, the girl he's been after for since he was a kid and Chloe got mad about it. Even with that little poem, "The girl of your dreams masquerading as your best friend." No, she was never the girl of his dreams. Did she even know Clark at all? She'd betray Clark and then try and say it was for his protection. All the while, it was really because Clark never loved her.

And that's just a little bit of early season stuff. Not even going to get into the super powered Chloe, or the super genius, I can hack anything and have my own little Chloe world where I can do anything with my little avatar or whatever the hell it was. The Dooms or Failsday mess.

Also, a lot of my hate came from Ksite. Her damn fans. She's the original Felicity.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:42 AM   #42
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Well there was super suit Lana.
Yeah, you got me there. Nobody liked that ****

Re: Chloe...

Yeah, I can see what you mean. But she was also, what, 14 or 15 years old during Fever? Alot of girls(and guys) at that age who have huge crushes think they're perfect for each other and the other just doesn't see it yet.

I don't really remember Chloe betraying Clark being a recurring thing... Well, there was Season 2's finale when she went to Lionel but the writers back peddled on that one for the following season. Season 8 she actually was protecting Clark since, y'know, it's Doomsday and killing Clark is his entire shtick. And Season 9 she was going through her "All work, No play" arc where she was her own worst enemy and acting very cold and distant to everyone. Her flaws are what I liked most about her, to be honest. She was prone to jealousy and made a lot of mistakes. But the show made a point to show that her mistakes were actually mistakes, unlike Arrow where Felicity is just always right, and the best, and supreme, and everyone should worship at the altar of Smoak because she can do no wrong.

As far as Chloe being able to hack anything, I just wrote that off as the show expanding into more comic book tendencies the longer it went on. Remember in the first 3 seasons Chloe had to have contacts everywhere for everything? Then suddenly, completely out of nowhere in season 5's "Hidden" Chloe casually hacks a government satellite to intercept a nuclear missile

Quote:
Also, a lot of my hate came from Ksite. Her damn fans. She's the original Felicity.
Yep! A lot of her fans were the worst. But considering Clark never reciprocates romantic feelings towards her and she stays as a side character throughout the series, I wouldn't go as far to say she's the original Felicity. But both characters share a similar type of annoying fanbase. Difference is the Smallville writers didn't bend over backwards trying to appease them.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #43
Slade
god status

Clark did try and have feelings for her, and I think he did, but never as strong as he had for Lana. The writers did kind of give fans what they wanted with Chloe. She married Oliver, she even broke into comics, and not just the Smallville ones. Idk how long that actually lasted though.

Enough about Chloe though..

I actually just started a rewatch last week. I always forget season 1 is my least favorite.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #44
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Clark did try and have feelings for her, and I think he did, but never as strong as he had for Lana.
Ehhhh.... Out of 218 episodes, I can name 3 where he shows he does: Obscura(when he asks her to the Spring Formal), Tempest(when he takes her to the Spring Formal), and Zod(he doesn't actually say anything here, but the look he gives Chloe after being introduced to Jimmy says he was at least considering it). Maybe you can count him being under Red K influence in Rush, but that'd be it. Yeah, Clark was always far more infatuated with Lana but I think when it came to Chloe he was simply not interested, as he said in Devoted ("Chloe... I wish I felt the same way. But I don't.")

Sidenote: Having wrote all that without looking anything up... God, I need a girlfriend

Quote:
The writers did kind of give fans what they wanted with Chloe. She married Oliver, she even broke into comics, and not just the Smallville ones. Idk how long that actually lasted though.
That's all true. Though I think what the fans really wanted was for her to end up with Clark, and Oliver was just a consolation prize. But yeah, I remember a small portion of Chlarkers over on K-Site had switched to pioneering a Chlollie relationship when they knew Clark would never end up with Chloe. So I guess in that sense you're right.

Quote:
I actually just started a rewatch last week. I always forget season 1 is my least favorite.
Too cheesy for ya?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #45
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Clark did try and have feelings for her, and I think he did, but never as strong as he had for Lana. The writers did kind of give fans what they wanted with Chloe. She married Oliver, she even broke into comics, and not just the Smallville ones. e.
I remember when Chloe was gradually introduced to the main timeline, I expect the reason it did'nt last was because of the New 52
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #46
Slade
god status

Quote:

Too cheesy for ya?

Haha, yeah a little bit. There's a few eps I like, but a lot of them just annoy me. I think the finale was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I remember when Chloe was gradually introduced to the main timeline, I expect the reason it did'nt last was because of the New 52
Yeah that sounds like it would be right.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #47
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

But just think, you'll soon be able to relive the moment where Man of Steel's Lois Lane eats roadkill and tries to eat Pete!
Old 06-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #48
Slade
god status

Don't remind me!!! I don't know which I think is worse, that one, bug boy or the guy who can't be in sunlight...wait is that season 1?? Never can remember.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #49
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

That'd be season 2, "Nocturne". Yeah, thats a bad one. Sad that it even tries to address issues of abusive parents in such an awful episode. But hey, points for trying?

The bug boy one was a fun one to roast, though.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #50
Slade
god status

those are great! One of them you?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #51
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, the more obnoxious one with the annoying laugh is me

I hate my voice when I get drunk, but, this was my way of getting over it. I recorded these a few years ago and still have another 30+ episodes recorded on my hard drive that I've yet to cut. I'll get around to it...eventually
Old 06-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #52
Slade
god status

That's awesome. Are they shortened for YouTube? It did seem like it would skip a little bit.

Just thought of something also, does the show ever say why Davis was so drawn to Chloe?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #53
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, they're shortened because we're drunk and it's either completely inappropriate or makes no sense

Davis, if I remember correctly, was attracted to Chloe because he liked her and found she had a calming presence. This was right at the moment his inner beast was awakening, so, he thought being around her was the safest way to keep it at bay. It was later revealed(i think, could be wrong) that Brainiac was using Chloe to lure Davis so he could draw the beast out.

I may have to fact check that but that's what I'm recalling. I'm way better at pulling from the first 5 seasons
Old 06-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #54
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I have mixed feelings on this show. On one hand I truely liked it, but on the other, it had moments that made me go wtf am I watchin?!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:31 AM   #55
Slade
god status

Quote:
Yeah, they're shortened because we're drunk and it's either completely inappropriate or makes no sense

Davis, if I remember correctly, was attracted to Chloe because he liked her and found she had a calming presence. This was right at the moment his inner beast was awakening, so, he thought being around her was the safest way to keep it at bay. It was later revealed(i think, could be wrong) that Brainiac was using Chloe to lure Davis so he could draw the beast out.

I may have to fact check that but that's what I'm recalling. I'm way better at pulling from the first 5 seasons
Yeah, that's about what I remember from it.

Also, in your drunken roast of Bug Boy, You guys mentioned a deleted scene of Clark wrecking Whitney's vehicle. Does that take place instead of the pile up? I could probably find out myself, but I'm being lazy.

Forgot to multi quote.
@Canadiandrome...I know what you mean man. There's a ton of WTF moments. I have to admit though, and it may sound cheesy, but the show actually helped me get through a lot during my teen years.

Last edited by Slade; 06-08-2016 at 12:35 AM. Reason: I have alzhiemr's
Old 06-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #56
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
I have mixed feelings on this show. On one hand I truely liked it, but on the other, it had moments that made me go wtf am I watchin?!
That's part of the fun! Just go with it

Quote:
You guys mentioned a deleted scene of Clark wrecking Whitney's vehicle. Does that take place instead of the pile up? I could probably find out myself, but I'm being lazy.
The pile up was what I was referring to, yeah. I have all the episodes downloaded in 720p and for some reason that scene is missing. I've heard that some regions cut it for time reasons so I thought I'd address that for anyone who hadn't seen it.

Pretty sure it was on the DVD, though.

Quote:
I have to admit though, and it may sound cheesy, but the show actually helped me get through a lot during my teen years.
Not cheesy at all and you're not alone. I was Clark's age so it was nice to grow up having someone to look up to when things got me down.

It's strange but I remember when the show ended I was thinking "Man... I've known these characters longer than any of my current friends in my life." Kind of hit me in a big way.

And here we are 5 years later still talking about it
Old 06-08-2016, 11:33 PM   #57
Slade
god status

Quote:
The pile up was what I was referring to, yeah. I have all the episodes downloaded in 720p and for some reason that scene is missing. I've heard that some regions cut it for time reasons so I thought I'd address that for anyone who hadn't seen it.

Pretty sure it was on the DVD, though.

Not cheesy at all and you're not alone. I was Clark's age so it was nice to grow up having someone to look up to when things got me down.

It's strange but I remember when the show ended I was thinking "Man... I've known these characters longer than any of my current friends in my life." Kind of hit me in a big way.

And here we are 5 years later still talking about it

Ahh okay. Yeah, it's on the DVD. I can't remember if I saw the scene or not when it originally aired. Too long ago.

And yeah, I was about 12 or 13 when the show first aired. Had gotten in a lot of trouble and ended up on house arrest. Matter of fact, the first episode aired the first night my P.O. had to come by the house.
Anyway, the show ended up becoming my escape from reality every week. So, I'll always be fond of it.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #58
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
But just think, you'll soon be able to relive the moment where Man of Steel's Lois Lane eats roadkill and tries to eat Pete!
Hey that reminds me, you might enjoy this video I did a few years back.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #59
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
That's part of the fun! Just go with it
haha yeah. i kinda wish Netflix would pick this darn thing up and air it, but i guess i may have to buy the whole series collection to watch it again

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:08 AM   #60
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Anyway, the show ended up becoming my escape from reality every week. So, I'll always be fond of it.
Right on, man. It's a great show to zone out to for sure. It's kinda got something in there for whatever mood you're in for taking in: lots of heart, campiness, light and fluffy, overdramatic... sometimes you can get that all in the same episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Hey that reminds me, you might enjoy this video I did a few years back.
Nice work, man! I never noticed the Woodward and Bernstein connection. Good catch. Also, bonus fact: That guy you were referring to in the bar was once(possibly still is?) Allison Mack's boyfriend. The connections continue!

(And Gough is pronounced "GOFF" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
haha yeah. i kinda wish Netflix would pick this darn thing up and air it, but i guess i may have to buy the whole series collection to watch it again
I heard there's something up with the licensing that's causing an issue, which is also delaying any further BluRay releases. But yeah, it'd be nice for it to be on there to introduce to a new audience like Buffy has seemed to have picked up these years.

Whose up for some top 5 lists? Any ideas?
Episodes, characters, quotes...?
I'm gonna head to bed but when work inevitably dies down tomorrow I'll throw up one of my own.

Last edited by Krutch; 06-15-2016 at 12:18 AM.