The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #121
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
This was an expositional episode, so I don't mind the fight not being as cool, but it was still an awesome episode.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #122
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So no thoughts on Freeza teaming up with the gang to help save the universe?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #123
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Its weird that Goku even thought that. Lets see where this goes...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #124
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So no thoughts on Freeza teaming up with the gang to help save the universe?
Considering it's heavily implied Freeza will betray the team or is scheming with his own agenda, and Goku is only letting him out of Hell for 24 hours, I don't see the problem.

Realistically Goku should be finding the strongest fighters in their universe instead of using say...Master Roshi who literally makes no sense being there, so I can see why Freeza who is essentially the third strongest main fighter in their universe would be chosen. Of course it depends how the tournament arc is written, it's obvious Freeza wants to get out of Hell and be revived, but I don't think the main cast will allow it even if Goku does.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #125
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Man, looking at this as an outsider it all sounds terrible, you have a female brolly now? Freeza who had essentially become worthless powerwise is now strong again? I guess that's explained in the second revival movie but it still all reads like fanfic.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #126
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Man, looking at this as an outsider it all sounds terrible, you have a female brolly now? Freeza who had essentially become worthless powerwise is now strong again? I guess that's explained in the second revival movie but it still all reads like fanfic.
Anything from Dragonball sounds terrible when you read about it, but actually watching it in the show are two different things. It's all about execution.

Hell back in DBZ before you watched it, if someone said there was a saga where Vegeta and Bulma have a Saiyan child who comes back in time from the future, who is also a Super Saiyan, and kills a Cyborg Freeza warning people about killer Androids who are somehow stronger than Super Saiyan Goku and that he dies of a heart virus and this would happen in the next saga...it all sounds ridiculous and like fanfiction.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:24 PM   #127
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Anything from Dragonball sounds terrible when you read about it, but actually watching it in the show are two different things. It's all about execution.

Hell back in DBZ before you watched it, if someone said there was a saga where Vegeta and Bulma have a Saiyan child who comes back in time from the future, who is also a Super Saiyan, and kills a Cyborg Freeza warning people about killer Androids who are somehow stronger than Super Saiyan Goku and that he dies of a heart virus and this would happen in the next saga...it all sounds ridiculous and like fanfiction.
Heh, I did hear about it before I saw it, I thought it sounded pretty damn cool.

I'm ready for this tournament to hurry and start. They've sure crammed a hell of a lot in an hour and thirty minutes.
Spoiler:
Seeing Freeza and Goku team up in this next ep against the Universe 4(was it 4)assassins will be wild.

Everyone is all up in arms about the Universe 6 Saiyans. I really hope they get demolished.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord

My guess is this is the last arc before they do a timeskip to the end of DBZ with Uub, Pan and adult Trunks/Goten....so they're giving the current main cast "one last hurrah" before they move on from them.

You can tell they're making a much bigger deal of this arc which is why it's gone on so long and the tournament hasn't even started yet.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #129
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I guess its also to give more reason for an all new theme song. I mean it would be dumb to make an all new intro thats basically all about the tournament and make it only last 5 episodes or so.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #130
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I had my doubts but I really am enjoying Freeza making another comeback with a little more to do than just 'grrr kill Goku'. I liked the uneasy camaraderie between him and Goku and the fact they'll have to fight assassins together.

Loved the 'my hand slipped' sucker punch bit between the 2.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #131
Vegita-San
Emperor

the idea of this seemed like fan fiction, but they managed to make it fun so far.

'the my hand slipped' joke was really unexpected and really well done at how they seem to have become frenemies
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:44 AM   #132
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Bumping this thread just to say that this show is freaking great.
It’s had some minor issues, but for the most part it’s felt like the true successor to DBZ we waited so long for.
The animation has improved a lot since the beginning, and the fights look great. The character designs are really good too, and the story’s pretty captivating.
Here’s hoping it (and the manga) last for a while.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:10 AM   #133
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Bumping this thread just to say that this show is freaking great.
It’s had some minor issues, but for the most part it’s felt like the true successor to DBZ we waited so long for.
The animation has improved a lot since the beginning, and the fights look great. The character designs are really good too, and the story’s pretty captivating.
Here’s hoping it (and the manga) last for a while.
I agree, I'm happy that the Dragonball series is still continuing and that the series its continuing through is so good in it of itself.

Lots of funny moments, one of my favourites is when Goku does "100 Trillion" Sit ups and Beerus' reaction to it
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #134
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's improved tremendously from it's early episodes. The movie adaption episodes were atrocious. Remaking the two movies with worse animation and pacing issues was absurd.

The Champa tournament after was just ok but still had poor animation. Super didn't really get good till the Goku Black/Zamasu arc started, and it's been consistently entertaining from there.

Also most of the filler in Super has been top notch and the best part of it.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #135
Allio
Foot Elite

The black arc went on for way too long
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #136
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
The black arc went on for way too long
It was one of the shortest arcs.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #137
Allio
Foot Elite

It's actually the second longest (with universal arc of course being the longest) the black arc is as long as the 6vs7 arc, and that's just including 6vs7 filler episodes like clone vegeta.

Even then that isn't what i meant, the arc would have been better had it shortened it by a few episodes the pacing was Way to dragged out.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #138
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Only less than 10 minutes before the tournament ends..

Old 12-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #139
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know I have a lot of problems with this arc but if there is on aspect I loved about this TOP is that no one would have expected Android 17 being the MVP of the of this battle royale and I love that idea so much. You have this character who use to be a cocky asshole, put him on the bus for several arcs(with one cameo) and when we see him he gets one of the biggest Toriyama handjobs out there and even goes toe to toe with Goku SSB. 17's personality also helps in which he isn't a hardass fighter like Piccolo/Vegeta/Tien or happy go lucky Buu/Goku/Roshi or "normal" Gohan/Krillian no the guy is laid back and pragmatic and that part about him makes him an interesting addition to the Z fighter Cast
Old 12-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #140
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Only less than 10 minutes before the tournament ends..
I wonder if saying Universe 7 was the weakest, was a feint.

Maybe they meant weakest in OVERALL Universe Power. But some of their warriors where some of the strongest theres...hence how they lasted so long.

it didn't really feel forced how they won their way through either.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote