The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #1
TurtlesFan
Random Punk

TMNT Art

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have been a big Turtles fan most of my life, starting with the 1987 animated series. Much later I discovered the Mirage comics and I have really come to appreciate the artists and creators that worked on those comics. I have IDW black and white reprints (all 6 volumes) and color reprints by First Comics (all 4 volumes).

I am interested in original art by Peter Laird, A. C. Farley and Eric Talbot. Can anyone provide any tips about how do I go about acquiring these pieces? If I could have one piece by each artist that would be great. I already have one of those head sketches that Peter Laird does, and I love it.

I was trying to post a "want to buy" thread but it looks like I do not have permission.

Thank you for any help!
TurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I would keep an eye on Ebay, Comiclink, Heritage, and ComicConnect auctions.
It's easy find them all at once by using ComicArtTracker:

https://comicarttracker.com/en

There are a few pages from the early comics which come to market pretty often, and once in a while an early Laird drawing will come to market.

Talbot used to have his own Etsy shop where he sold his art, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Farley stuff is much tougher to find, but it's out there.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #3
TurtlesFan
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I would keep an eye on Ebay, Comiclink, Heritage, and ComicConnect auctions.
It's easy find them all at once by using ComicArtTracker:

https://comicarttracker.com/en

There are a few pages from the early comics which come to market pretty often, and once in a while an early Laird drawing will come to market.

Talbot used to have his own Etsy shop where he sold his art, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Farley stuff is much tougher to find, but it's out there.
MrPliggins, thanks for your response! I will keep an eye on ComicArtTracker. I didn't know about this website.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

ComicArtFans is a good site too. There is an OA megatgread on this forum....you could always make offers. Kevin Eastman has a lot of stuff on his site and stuff pops up on eBay from time to time. Patience is key for everything.

On a side note im still waiting on an AC Farley commission...its been like 8 years lol

If you want something from Dooney / Lavigne / Lawson / Talbot they all do commissions and may actually appreciate one in these times with no cons going on.

Goodluck and feel free to ask questions...there are MANY knowledgeable collectors on this board. Lots of good OA lives here.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
TurtlesFan
Random Punk

Hi Redrumh2o, thanks for your comment! I will try to find that OA thread you mentioned. Yes, I'm aware of Kevin Eastman Studios, they are super nice people. You're 100% correct, patience is key.

I read parts of the A.C. Farley commission thread. My understanding is that there were some health issues which are making it difficult to draw. I am not sure though. 8 years is so long! I guess it wouldn't make any sense to request new commissions from Mr. Farley if there is still a backlog. I do love his art and would love to own a piece by him.

I have been able to get commission from Dooney / Lavigne / Lawson and they have been great. Mr. Talbot seems to not be interested.

I have checked out ComicArtFans and have reached out to a few members there but no luck so far in acquiring a piece. As you said, patience is key.

Thanks again!

Last edited by TurtlesFan; 11-15-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:44 AM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Hang tight on Talbot, his interest seems to come & go, the opportunity for something new may present itself yet. Took me a long time but I did manage to get one from him eventually, but he fulfilled my request like 7 years ago so it may be irrelevant. In any event, busts of his & Pete's aren't terribly hard to come by for the patient.

Farley, on the other hand, that'll be rough. He's not even doing what he was paid to do nearly a decade ago, & his published works seem few & far between as far as being spotted in collections goes.

Best of luck in your quest, & be sure to share any acquisitions with us here! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30035

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #7
TurtlesFan
Random Punk

Hi Powder! Thanks for your message. I've seen many posts by you here on the forums so its great to finally interact!

Yes, I'm not in a rush and I'll continue to wait. Too bad Mr. Farley isn't doing commissions though. It would have been awesome to request something from him. Anyway, thanks for the message! Hope you're doing well.