Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Is it bad that I want to buy this game just for them
No, I want to do the same.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #324
CyberCubed
Overlord

I had no interest in Injustice 2 either till the Turtles were confirmed. At this point I'll just wait for the collectors edition with all the DLC included for free, which is probably going to be announced as soon as the last DLC character comes out. If I'm going to get the game I'd rather have every character and skin then just the Turtles, so I'll still wait.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #325
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That’s pretty much what I did! They play great too.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #326
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I do think if there's a lot of demand for the TMNT DLC that Netherrealms could be interested in picking up the license for a TMNT game. We already know they like to play with beat-em ups as we saw them try three different times with Mortal Kombat and they actually nailed it the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I had no interest in Injustice 2 either till the Turtles were confirmed. At this point I'll just wait for the collectors edition with all the DLC included for free, which is probably going to be announced as soon as the last DLC character comes out. If I'm going to get the game I'd rather have every character and skin then just the Turtles, so I'll still wait.
That's what I'm waiting for too. Hell I'll wait a year after that and buy it for dirt cheap on steam like I did Injustice 1 with all the DLC, I don't play online so I don't care and I'm a patient man.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #327
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We already know they like to play with beat-em ups as we saw them try three different times with Mortal Kombat and they actually nailed it the last time.
Netherrealms didn't make those games.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:07 AM   #328
Sumac
Banned

Narrated by all Turtles + cameo of Shredder and Krang.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #329
CyberCubed
Overlord

Licensed games on consoles now are generally good for the most part, this isn't the old days from the PS2 era or before where we got bad games based on cartoons/comics/movies regularly.

The Batman Arkham series raised the bar, then we got the Injustice series, we're getting a new Spiderman from Sony, we have the new Dragonball Fighter Z game, the new Star Wars games are mixed because of EA, but otherwise you don't see shovelwear of major licensed games much anymore, probably because they put them on mobile phones now instead.

That's why TMNT Mutants in Manhattan got so much disappointment when the game turned out bad, it's not something people expected in the day and age, also with platinum as developer, we really wanted a good modern TMNT game.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #330
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
No way. They do enough market-research to see if there is a big increase in sales when the TMNT DLC releases. It would be a good showing of fan-desire for more quality TMNT content.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #331
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Licensed games on consoles now are generally good for the most part, this isn't the old days from the PS2 era or before where we got bad games based on cartoons/comics/movies regularly.
I know I'm in the minority but I like licenced games more from back in the day.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #332
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I know I'm in the minority but I like licenced games more from back in the day.
Of all Konami early 00-s games I liked only TMNT 2004. It was good, fun and had an atmosphere of the early 90-s beat'em ups.

Battlenexus had good music, but that's about it and Mutant Melee was boring and had so little content and variety in characters it was embarrassing. Never have played Mutant Nightmare.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #333
CyberCubed
Overlord

Licensed games of kids shows/cartoons/comics basically moved to mobile phones these days, that's why you don't see too many licensed games on consoles anymore like two gens ago.

And the ones we get nowadays are generally of higher quality, like the Batman Arkham series, the new Sony Spiderman, Injustice, Dragonball Fighter Z, etc. The tolerance for poor licensed games these days is little to none, and companies know a poor game won't make money so they don't risk it anymore.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #334
AquaParade
Banned

I’ve been playing with these guys for the last couple hours...

Wow. What a treat. From the dialogue and the voices to the look and the move set, rarely do we see such love put into our boys. And with respect to IDW and Nickelodeon, rarely do they feel this authentic.

It appears that the developers even made attempts to flesh out unique aspects to this tmnt universe. I’ve noticed that when Leonardo wins a fight, he will mention Splinter, before a little rat scurries on screen to acknowledge Leo as they bow to each other. Could Splinter be communicating with the turtles through common rats? Very cool.

I hesitate to over set expectations, but as a lifelong fan of the TMNT, I really do consider this a treat. Anyone with interest should check it out. It sits alongside the IDW 30th anniversary issue and Neca 1990 movie figures as my favorite TMNT product since the buyout.

Recommended.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:36 PM   #335
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It appears that the developers even made attempts to flesh out unique aspects to this tmnt universe. I’ve noticed that when Leonardo wins a fight, he will mention Splinter, before a little rat scurries on screen to acknowledge Leo as they bow to each other. Could Splinter be communicating with the turtles through common rats? Very cool.
It might be a nod to Splinter origins from Mirage.
Though, I think, it's just a cool Easter egg. Like when Turtles dance for the tune suspiciously similar to the few chords of opening theme of 80-s cartoon between rounds.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:00 PM   #336
shihe
Hench Mutant

So I take it the game isn't available for purchase anymore, right?

Does it really feel rushed?
Is it longer or better than Out of the Shadows (game)?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:22 PM   #337
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
So I take it the game isn't available for purchase anymore, right?
What? Why?
It's available in Steam just all right and there were no news about it being taken off from Steam or anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
Does it really feel rushed?
Is it longer or better than Out of the Shadows (game)?
It's fighting game, not beat'em up, so comparing their lengths doesn't really make sense.

I haven't played it, but as all the latest NRS games it has tonnes of content (movie-like story mode, arcade mode, multiverse modes, extensive customization of characters and so on). Not to mention that TMNT are basically 4 distinctive characters in 1.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #338
Powder
So tired of this place

I get the impression they're talking about Mutants In Manhattan, (though I don't think anyone brought it up...) 'cause that TMNT game did get pulled from Steam & received a lukewarm response.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #339
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mutants in Manhattan is still available on disc for both PS4 and Xbox, it's not like it was a digital only game. You can buy it on ebay or where ever.

As for Injustice, it'll never be taken down online and they'll be endless discs of it on amazon/ebay till the end of time and will be dirt cheap soon
Old 02-16-2018, 04:56 AM   #340
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Mutants in Manhattan is still available on disc for both PS4 and Xbox, it's not like it was a digital only game. You can buy it on ebay or where ever.

As for Injustice, it'll never be taken down online and they'll be endless discs of it on amazon/ebay till the end of time and will be dirt cheap soon
Eventually they will release a Game Of The Year Edition that has all the DLC characters.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut