The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #81
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
They can't help that they see things we can't! I bet if they could talk they would have some interesting stories to tell.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #82
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, animals can sense a lot of things we can't and can probably see a lot of things the normal human eye can't.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #83
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Although I do have 2 cats, I've never seen them looking at some empty wall intently as if somethings there, they usually just tend to look outside the windows and watch for hours on end as if its their television.

Anyways, I've had quite a few instances of sleep paralysis in the past. I don't think instances of sleep paraylsis necessarily indicate something paranormal and could be Just our imaginations, but the experiences I've had with it are still really, really creepy.

For instance, 4 years ago:it was just another normal night as I fell asleep. Only to wake up early in the morning completely immobile. Other than my eyes being able to look around, my body was downright frozen and it felt terrifying. However, that wasn't the worst part. I felt something cold and bony grip my shoulder, the physical sensations felt very, very real.

I looked at whatever was grabbing my shoulder and I regret looking at it to this day. There it was, very a skinny, old, long and wrinkly hand with exra long and sharp nails holding on to my shoulder. Next thing after I looked at it, I clearly heard what sounded like a deep elderly woman whisper into my ear with a demonic voice, followed by laughter. I wasn't able to make out what it said as it was either gibberish or I was too scared to comprehend it, but it felt very evil no doubt, especially due to that laughter at the end.

I eventually broke free of the sleep paralysis and looked around but nothing was there. This was NOT a dream, it was most definetly happening as I was awake.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #84
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

That sounds similar to one I had a while back. Except instead of a woman it was a man and he was breathing heavy and trying to choke me. It was scary because I called out and my husband woke up and saw it too. Him waking must have scared it off because he saw the thing one other time in the hall and yelled at it to leave. It hasn't appeared since.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #85
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I do not envy people who have experienced sleep paralysis. Given that paralysis typically happens during the period of sleep that dreaming occurs as a defense mechanism, I've always assumed (and probably read somewhere) that things people see may often be hallucinations of a partly still-dreaming mind, but even so it sounds scary as hell. (Not suggesting that's necessarily the case for you guys. Though it sounds scary enough I think I'd be hoping it was if something like that happened to me. )

I can kind of see how dreams and the real world can end up mixed together in ways though... Thank god no sleep paralysis here, though occasionally, if my tv is on, things I'm hearing from the tv will end up as part of a dream, and can turn out really weird. Plus the time many years ago that I'd drooled all over my hand and dreamed that my hand was cold and bloody. (Then woke up startled for a moment because it still felt that way. lol)

Anyway, on the topic of paranormal... Recalled that my mom has always told one that's kind of fits right into a stereotypical book of spooky stories. She'd appanetly once clear as day heard someone knock on the front door. Nobody there. It was winter, with snow on the ground...and no foot prints. Supposedly happened when I was a young kid, but I don't recall the event. I'm kind of torn between maybe she didn't tell me until years later as to not scare me...or did she dream it. She swears it happened.

Also a handful of years ago my mom, I guess kind of in her peripheral vision, had seen a dark colored cat walk through part of the dining room. She looked toward it and... no cat. She asked my dad who was then also confused because he'd seen it too.

If it was one of our former cats then I doubt it was the one I'd mentioned before since he was about equal portions black and white, but another we'd lost some years before him (and was his buddy for a while) was a dark gray tabby.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:01 AM   #86
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I got really interested in the Fermi paradox a while back. Kurzgesagt (a YouTube channel) did a couple good videos on it
I was into that stuff for a while too; astrophysics truly is the practice of pulling things out of one's ass, in the most scientific way possible way.

Re: ghosts. I read a thought provoking article once about a correlation between ghost sightings and faulty wiring. The theory is that magnetic fields generated by badly insulated electrical cable may be able to mess with your brain's electrical activity. That may explain why people tend to see ghosts in old buildings. Is it because people died in those places, or because the wiring is old and crappy?
Old 05-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #87
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yet this does not explain sightings in cemetaries parks and other places with no electrical wiring at all....

Old 05-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #88
Vegita-San
Emperor

something a little weird.....

watching the ghost adventures marathon. dog starts whining in another room. go up and she's staring blankly at the wall ceiling and it kind of freeks me out a bit so i give her a treat to distract her. she did that once before at 2AM. stared at the wall and moved her head back and forth like she was following something.

a little after that, i felt a cold chill pass by...and i'm in a room with no windows.

Just another odd experience no one will believe, so i usually keep them to myself: )
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 PM   #89
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
something a little weird.....

watching the ghost adventures marathon. dog starts whining in another room. go up and she's staring blankly at the wall ceiling and it kind of freeks me out a bit so i give her a treat to distract her. she did that once before at 2AM. stared at the wall and moved her head back and forth like she was following something.

a little after that, i felt a cold chill pass by...and i'm in a room with no windows.

Just another odd experience no one will believe, so i usually keep them to myself: )

What a unique experience, not cliched and made up at all.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #90
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

As I said, animals tend to sense things and see things that we don't see or sense. Sounds like a pretty freaky thing.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #91
Vegita-San
Emperor

two odd occurances.

father jokingly mentioned ghosts while sitting on the front porch. he saw the shadows of people walking, but the people walking hadn't come into view yet. i turn my gae back and we BOTH notice the side of my sleeve flip up in a very weird angle, stay there for a second, and flip back down. I wasn't moving my arm, and there was no wind and he noticed it first. which is odd cause he doesn't believe in ghosts. it was like someone was tugging at my shirt sleeve.

second thing happened today. over by my neighbors house. all of a sudden her shut door opens itself, stopping conversation on a dot. we didn't notice if the door was shut all the way like the door next to it, or if it was just loosely cloosed and wind blew it open, but there was a charge in the air in how the conversation suddenly hushed up and all three heads turned to notice this door slowly open by itself.

So, I would put that under odd occurrence.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:31 AM   #92
Vegita-San
Emperor

some office activity.

we had someone come by the office whos daughter is supposedly a psychic. since, also supposedly, ghosts follow these people around, i figured maybe we'd catch something interesting this weekend. i think we did.

both files happened around midnight to 2am on a saturday night.

one is a VERY clear knocking noise, three knocks. the other something sounds like it got dropped, or thrown with a clear bounce sound.

https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/knockbangthrow
Old 07-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #93
newfan
Mad Scientist

I would usually look for an explanation that isn't paranormal as often there is one, still some things can't be explained. I've only had a minor thing once or twice which has caught my attention but nothing like the experiences some of you have had.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #94
snake
Disgusting

I found ectoplasm in my pants after I woke up in the mdidle of the night once.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #95
Vegita-San
Emperor

Our Office Rem Pod just went off twice for the first time in a year during the daytime. stopped me dead in my tracks too cause it was totally un expected.

it only went off three times at night in a year.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #96
snake
Disgusting

Are you a Ghostbuster?
Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #97
Vegita-San
Emperor

bought this little sucker. almost afraid to try it...considering out rem pod is going off in the dday now.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #98
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Hahaha, oh my God.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #99
snake
Disgusting

Hey Vegita-San, if you send me $500 over Pay-Pal I'll send you a "Ghost Rock". I heard they can communicate with spirits.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #100
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
"Ghost Rock"
My new slang term for a tombstone.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote