The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2021, 07:07 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I have tracked down quite a few of Elias' movies. Very underused actor.
He's one of the very best things about "Some Kind of Wonderful".

Along with Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Lea Thompson's legs. All awesome.

Seriously, though, that's a good goddamn movie. People always rave about "Sixteen Candles" an' sh*t an' I'm like "Naaaaahhh. 'Some Kind of Wonderful'." That's MY Hughes jam, playa.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:49 PM   #22
Rabbit Kraken Zeo
Random Punk

Since TMNT 3 is my favorite of the trilogy, I love her so much in the 3rd movie. Her interactions with Donnie, Mikey, Leo are gold. "Hey April, It's me Mikey, I just like to say "=(heeeeeeeeeeelllllooo ***kiss noises**** ) ****April reacts with excessive laughter "Hehehehehehehehhehe(on the phone)*

I would be interested to know what she thinks about her performances in 2 and 3; not necessarily which movie she preferred but rather what she found the most of in her total experience. I know Judith Hoag will always be the first April but I really enjoyed both Judith and Paige to a point where they both illustrated "April" on unique and powerful levels to remember both under that character history.

You seem like a noble leader. Will you join me on my quest to Nidavellir?

Ah, let me just ask the captain. Oh, wait a second, it's me! Yeah. I'll go.
Rabbit Kraken Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:47 PM   #23
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit Kraken Zeo View Post
Since TMNT 3 is my favorite of the trilogy, I love her so much in the 3rd movie. Her interactions with Donnie, Mikey, Leo are gold. "Hey April, It's me Mikey, I just like to say "=(heeeeeeeeeeelllllooo ***kiss noises**** ) ****April reacts with excessive laughter "Hehehehehehehehhehe(on the phone)*

I would be interested to know what she thinks about her performances in 2 and 3; not necessarily which movie she preferred but rather what she found the most of in her total experience. I know Judith Hoag will always be the first April but I really enjoyed both Judith and Paige to a point where they both illustrated "April" on unique and powerful levels to remember both under that character history.
She gets a better role in the third one, obviously once certain... issues with the early draft of the screenplay were sorted out to her satisfaction. That phone scene is from II, by the way.

There's a certain broadness, a "kids' movie" quality to her performance in III which wasn't there in II, which is not a criticism - it's well-judged. I suspect she figured the best way to play a scene with larger than life cartoon characters is to be somewhat heightened as well.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:25 AM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What issues did Paige have with the draft for TMNT III?

My biggest gripe has always been the same as with the 2007 film, a lack of a threatening villain, one that is made up for the film and Norinaga is weak with Walker not much more menacing.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 AM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He's one of the very best things about "Some Kind of Wonderful".

Along with Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Lea Thompson's legs. All awesome.

Seriously, though, that's a good goddamn movie. People always rave about "Sixteen Candles" an' sh*t an' I'm like "Naaaaahhh. 'Some Kind of Wonderful'." That's MY Hughes jam, playa.
Some Kind of Wonderful, I only first heard of the film a month ago. It's a coworker's favorite movie. I only know Stolz as that guy who got fired from Back To The Future. You can post on my page if you think its worth a watch. If we are talking Hughes its Ferris Bueller's Day Off or The Breakfast Club.

Going back to Elias, the sole thing I have seen him in aside from his two films as Casey Jones is in Shutter Island where I learned that his hair as Casey Jones was not his hair and the guy was seriously receding.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:01 AM   #26
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Look up Almost an Angel. one of my favorites.

As for Turco...I thought she was the better April. she looked a bit more the part and seemed to have a little more fun.

However, that being said, I think that the original april has aged a bit better . she actually looks better now than she did in the first movie and more the part oddly.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #27
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Elias was a promising actor but, even if he's taken part in a lot of big movies during his career, he never managed to shine like a De Niro. He has always been the talented actor in the background. It's a pity he is mainly remembered for playing Casey Jones in a couple of Turtles movies.
As for Judith and Paige, they gave two very different depiction of April, both interesting. The problem with Turco is that he was in the worst movies of the trilogy, a part of his career she's probably not so much proud of. Why was Judith replaced for the sequels in the first place? Has she ever talked about that?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:30 AM   #28
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Why was Judith replaced for the sequels in the first place? Has she ever talked about that?
The producers found her difficult to work with because she spoke out about the conditions of the shoot (long hours) and was also vocal about how she did not approve of the violence in the first one. So they replaced her.

Ironically, they toned down the violence for the second one.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:49 AM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Some Kind of Wonderful, I only first heard of the film a month ago. It's a coworker's favorite movie. I only know Stolz as that guy who got fired from Back To The Future. You can post on my page if you think its worth a watch. If we are talking Hughes its Ferris Bueller's Day Off or The Breakfast Club.

Going back to Elias, the sole thing I have seen him in aside from his two films as Casey Jones is in Shutter Island where I learned that his hair as Casey Jones was not his hair and the guy was seriously receding.
Of course it's worth watching. And my goodness, to not know Eric Stoltz? You gotta expand your horizons, my dude. Pulp Fiction? Mask (not the Jim Carrey movie, the Cher movie)? Like dude, seriously, you gotta take a step away from Ninja Turtles and watch some more "real" movies. I can't do all the work for you.

And yeah, it's a shame but Elias Koteas and Dick Miller are more or less the same guy, now, visually-speaking. Like you could cast Elias to play Murray Futterman in the Gremlins reboot and I doubt anybody would even notice. Sad.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:44 PM   #30
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What issues did Paige have with the draft for TMNT III?
Check out the pages from her own copy shared earlier in the thread - Hideous dialogue she was initially expected to deliver is met with handwritten notes along the lines of "This is ****!" None of those specific ones are actually in the finished movie, though, which suggests she raised those concerns - maybe not quite as frankly - and was listened to.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #31
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Mask (not the Jim Carrey movie, the Cher movie)
Also starring a cute young Laura Dern. That movie was so depressing though
Old 02-18-2021, 06:55 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

Man, she used to be so hot. She's still alright for an older broad but she's been looking too skinny nowadays.

Yeah, it's not an uplifting flick, but it's terrific, though. They did an alright job with the real-life material (although the other kid who died way earlier isn't even mentioned to my recollection, which is odd, but I guess you only have two hours or whatever). In real life that chick pretty much stayed getting arrested for drugs until the day she died, which kinda makes the movie a bit more sad in retrospect when you realize that "Rusty" never did end up getting her sh*t together. Part of me always wondered or had suspicions as to whether both of her kids were born disfigured/disabled because of all the drugs she was on. I wouldn't doubt it. But yeah, it's a great movie regardless. My Mom was a lot like Rusty, she used to love that movie too.
----

Side Rant, I swear I must be like the only one who doesn't really get overly affected by movies, even "depressing" ones. I like "downer" movies. Not exclusively, mind you, but they don't bother me at all. I'm totally invested in them as they're happening but it's not like they ruin my day or anything. Once the movie's over, so's "The Feels". I can pretty much watch anything, anytime, and it doesn't bug me. Like, I'm a big fan of the movie "My Life", with Michael Keaton. My wife's not like me, though, so I'm not "allowed" to watch it very often. She's gotta be "in the mood" for that kinda thing.

I don't really care if a movie is "depressing", so long as it makes me feel something. I only really consider a movie to be "bad" if it makes me feel nothing at all. OR if it's "Legend of Chun-Li."

Old 02-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #33
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I've always loved his small but memorable role in Fallen. I wish he got beefier parts. He usually turns up in small supporting roles as cops and I believe he's been a priest a couple times.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I've always loved his small but memorable role in Fallen. I wish he got beefier parts. He usually turns up in small supporting roles as cops and I believe he's been a priest a couple times.
Hell yeah, same here. Wish he was in it more. Hell of a cast/movie.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #35
IMJ
Emperor

Loved the Prophecy. Love how he calls Viggo Mortenson "Angel" in the end, lmao...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #36
frank_one
Mad Scientist

A couple years ago I've seen Elias in the "low" budget sci-fi/horror flick The Last Days on Mars which also stars Liev Schreiber: it has a 18% rating on Rotten Tomatoes but I believe it's actually worth a view.

Talking about Laura Dern, Elias was also in Novocaine (2001) with her and Steve Martin. Not bad at all, probably the first time I've seen Koteas not playing Casey Jones.

Quote:
Side Rant, I swear I must be like the only one who doesn't really get overly affected by movies, even "depressing" ones. I like "downer" movies. Not exclusively, mind you, but they don't bother me at all. I'm totally invested in them as they're happening but it's not like they ruin my day or anything. Once the movie's over, so's "The Feels". I can pretty much watch anything, anytime, and it doesn't bug me. Like, I'm a big fan of the movie "My Life", with Michael Keaton. My wife's not like me, though, so I'm not "allowed" to watch it very often. She's gotta be "in the mood" for that kinda thing.

I don't really care if a movie is "depressing", so long as it makes me feel something. I only really consider a movie to be "bad" if it makes me feel nothing at all. OR if it's "Legend of Chun-Li."
Years ago I was like that, the movies didn't affect my mood. Now I'm more like your wife. It's like I have too much depressing stuff in my life I can't take more, even if it's coming from a fictional work. I'm weaker. BUT if the movie is good like Mask I'm able to appreciate it and I can keep watching it till the ending credits. The fact is there are a lot of depressing movies out there and only 15% of them are actually worth watching. The rest claim to be good because they deal with a sad story but they are just... depressing.

Last edited by frank_one; 02-20-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

For me, I think it's like, since I've had issues with depression it actually ends up being kind of comforting that someone else "gets it" when I watch a thing or hear a song or whatever. Which is ultimately why I think people produce such things to begin with.

I mean, on any given day I'm just as apt to watch "Speed Racer". But the point is I rather enjoy a good emotional catharsis from time to time.

Old 02-20-2021, 06:54 PM   #38
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Check out the pages from her own copy shared earlier in the thread - Hideous dialogue she was initially expected to deliver is met with handwritten notes along the lines of "This is ****!" None of those specific ones are actually in the finished movie, though, which suggests she raised those concerns - maybe not quite as frankly - and was listened to.
Those are likely acting notes. As in, her character would be thinking "oh sh*t!" and "wtf is going on?" while delivering the lines in that section of the script. Check out the note that says "her fear makes her stronger". Those are acting tips for herself.

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:12 PM   #39
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Those are likely acting notes. As in, her character would be thinking "oh sh*t!" and "wtf is going on?" while delivering the lines in that section of the script. Check out the note that says "her fear makes her stronger". Those are acting tips for herself.
Well, this change everything!
Old 02-22-2021, 08:54 AM   #40
ABrown
Banned

Has she talked about the fact that even though she's in her mid 50's now, she's stil HOT AS HELL. And I would take her NOW over Megan Fox on her best day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paige-turco-at-the-100-season-pne-promos_1.jpg (87.2 KB, 30 views)
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote