The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #281
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

I was reading the Deviations comic from a while ago and saw there was a reading map for the order of the books. Has there been an updated one?

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #282
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
I was reading the Deviations comic from a while ago and saw there was a reading map for the order of the books. Has there been an updated one?
No, nothing official. Just the fan-made one here. I would not see one until arc that leads to one hundred in print. We could ask Bobby in the Ask The Editor thread about getting an updated onne that is official.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #283
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
No, nothing official. Just the fan-made one here. I would not see one until arc that leads to one hundred in print. We could ask Bobby in the Ask The Editor thread about getting an updated onne that is official.
Would you link the unofficial one to me? Not quite sure where it is

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #284
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

While we are being first introduced to Kleve as an antagonist, I'm trying to make sense of his motivation for war.

First, he's explicitly told that there aren't enough Utroms left to operate military machinery by Ma'riell. On top of that, Honeycutt explains to Donatello that the majority of the Utroms surviving on Burnow don't have military backgrounds. If they plunged back into war with the Triceratons like Kleve wants, there would be absolutely no surviving. It's why Krang was in such a rush to save as many Utroms as he could, get them into the bunker, and keep them in stasis while he made a new home for them. They're hanging by a thread; their only hope of survival is to lay low and repopulate. And yet Kleve is ignoring that, probably out of anger at their losses on Utrominon. As far as it feels to him, the war has only been over as long as he's been awake - rather than the three hundred years or so that Krang had to experience on his own.

Second, assassinating his preferred leader's sister would be a terrible idea unless he hoped he'd have a reaction for that. As I brought up to Bobby Curnow (who explained that Paul Allor didn't realize that Ma'riell and Ch'rell were siblings), it would be in his benefit to remove Ch'rell's last close relationship in order to initiate a second attempt at war with the Triceratons. Which they would lose very fast. But at least he'd get what he wanted out of Ch'rell besides ensuring his right to leadership.

I do have my own theory on what's going on, but it goes into conflict with the last point and by most of his behavior in TMNTU 22 in general.
And it comes from this little scene. In one of the most bad@$$ displays an Utrom has done since Professor Obligado. That's right off a reel from an 80's action flick, I tells ya.

He could be speaking in a broader sense, but it wouldn't be surprise me if at least part of the 'women and children' he was referring in part to his own family - to his own wife and children.
...You know, that makes it sound like he's what Hamato Yoshi would have become if he had somehow escaped Saki's murder of the boys. Somewhat at least.
I guess by unseating Ma'riell, he not only gets rid of the pacifist uniting with the species that drove her own people near to extinction, but also creates "if I'm going to lose everyone, someone else has to as well" philosophy - which works with Ch'rell because not only is he his preferred leader but also an ideal target.

He's a warhawk for sure, but even worse, he's a dumb@$$ warhawk.

Slap me in a blue dress and call me Alice, because I'm so far down the rabbit hole, I'm in Wonderland

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-22-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #285
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Y'know, I've been doing some thinking lately... I don't think the Pantheon is going to be the big storyline for #100. I think the Pantheon is going to continue to build throughout the next few issues, and the recently revealed Universe #25, but...

Pantheon showdown isn't in the cards. What IS in the cards is a Foot/Turtle showdown.

Think about it... for all of the first 50 issues (and mini-series), the ongoing driving force that ebbed and flowed, that never went away, was Oroku Saki and his blood feud with Hamato Yoshi. And what has provided that same ongoing tension these next 50 issues?

Splinter. That's been the driving force even more so than the Pantheon (although the Pantheon is closely tied to Splinter, with Kitsune). I think the run up to #100 is going to be more Bishop, more Splinter, more Turtles caught in the middle... we'll see Old Hob and the Mutanimals probably getting Slash back...

And while Splinter is distracted by all these things, Kitsune gets Oroku Saki's skull back. Directly setting up her ability to resurrect the Shredder as the Dragon Lord!

Calling it now. In a year's time (give or take), we'll see how close or off the mark I managed to come.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #286
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

...OH !

Yeah, that...that sounds like it would make more sense.

Gotta get our heads in place. aaaaaayyyyy.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #287
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Y'know, I've been doing some thinking lately... I don't think the Pantheon is going to be the big storyline for #100. I think the Pantheon is going to continue to build throughout the next few issues, and the recently revealed Universe #25, but...

Pantheon showdown isn't in the cards. What IS in the cards is a Foot/Turtle showdown.

Think about it... for all of the first 50 issues (and mini-series), the ongoing driving force that ebbed and flowed, that never went away, was Oroku Saki and his blood feud with Hamato Yoshi. And what has provided that same ongoing tension these next 50 issues?

Splinter. That's been the driving force even more so than the Pantheon (although the Pantheon is closely tied to Splinter, with Kitsune). I think the run up to #100 is going to be more Bishop, more Splinter, more Turtles caught in the middle... we'll see Old Hob and the Mutanimals probably getting Slash back...

And while Splinter is distracted by all these things, Kitsune gets Oroku Saki's skull back. Directly setting up her ability to resurrect the Shredder as the Dragon Lord!

Calling it now. In a year's time (give or take), we'll see how close or off the mark I managed to come.
I think you could be on to something, man. For things to really come to a head with the Pantheon by #100 a lot of things would have to happen in the final issues we don't yet have solicits for but things have already been brewing between Splinter and the Turtles for a long time now, could be that pot is about to boil over
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:20 PM   #288
ChosenOne
Banned

What if one of the Turtles ends up killing Splinter in #100...?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #289
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, someone's gotta. Who else is there that would be big enough.

It would also work since it's 50 issues after Shredder.

If we want to fit it in with idea of Kitsune retrieving Saki's skull, it might be her.

But I doubt it would be one of the turtles because of the "Turtles can't kill anyone" rule. If it had to be one of the turtles, it would probably be Leonardo, since he's butted heads with Splinter the most, is really taking on his leadership status, and is learning Splinter's astral projection pretty much on his own. But that would cause a rift between the turtles that might not be too helpful for the story line, unless it works out in the end.

My other thought is that it could be Karai trying to undo the mess she made by reinstating the Foot Clan's original ideology and replacing it with her own newly made clan.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-24-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #290
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Patheon story should come to some sort of climax at 100, even if it continues after. It's the longest running arc in the series and waiting till issue 150 or so would be crazy. We don't even know if IDW TMNT will even last that long in general.

What I suspect is Bishop and the Patheon will remain the main villains for the rest of the run. Which makes sense, especially if Shredder is revived. We don't know how big Ch'rell will be, but I suspect everyone else like Karai, Leatherhead, etc. will wind up being allies or uneasy truces like Baxter and Hun currently are.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #291
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Patheon story should come to some sort of climax at 100, even if it continues after. It's the longest running arc in the series and waiting till issue 150 or so would be crazy. We don't even know if IDW TMNT will even last that long in general.

What I suspect is Bishop and the Patheon will remain the main villains for the rest of the run. Which makes sense, especially if Shredder is revived. We don't know how big Ch'rell will be, but I suspect everyone else like Karai, Leatherhead, etc. will wind up being allies or uneasy truces like Baxter and Hun currently are.
I would love to see a Mayor Baxter arc, he could turn on the Turtles by banning Pizza throughout the city, inciting riots throughout NYC... All kidding aside Baxter has always been sort of power bottom to the likes of Krang, Shredder and now maybe even Bishop I think it would be great to see him on top and in charge maybe it would be a good time for Hob to start up that big war he's always been talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong here but after Stockman shot Hob way back when I don't think they have ever crossed paths since... could Baxter think that Hob has been dead this whole time?

There are so many more stories to be told I hope the ongoing lasts for a while longer yet even if they do a light re-fresh after the Pantheon is wrapped up.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:29 PM   #292
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I would love to see a Mayor Baxter arc, he could turn on the Turtles by banning Pizza throughout the city, inciting riots throughout NYC... All kidding aside Baxter has always been sort of power bottom to the likes of Krang, Shredder and now maybe even Bishop I think it would be great to see him on top and in charge maybe it would be a good time for Hob to start up that big war he's always been talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong here but after Stockman shot Hob way back when I don't think they have ever crossed paths since... could Baxter think that Hob has been dead this whole time?

There are so many more stories to be told I hope the ongoing lasts for a while longer yet even if they do a light re-fresh after the Pantheon is wrapped up.
I'm with you there, Mayer Stockman seems to be getting subtly set up in recent issues and it would be a veritable treasure trove of plot points wholly original to this iteration of the franchise. No better time indeed to start off Hob's war on humans.

There's also the whole Null/Maligna(?) thing that will hopefully involve Bishop and the Mutanimals. Plenty of territory yet unexplored. Even if the numbering continues past #100, I don't really see this title being cancelled until #125 or thereabouts.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #293
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

We've got Leatherhead in #85, and since Bobby said we'd see the utroms in the main book before the year was out, that means #86-#90 will have to be about Bishop and Burnow island, or just Ch'rell and the utroms, leaving us #91-#100 to build up to what will most likely be Splinter vs. Turtles. There will probably be a two-parter before the big arc. Post #100, that leaves us with Mayor Baxter, the rest of the Bishop/Utrom plot, Null and Maligna?, the Mutanimals, Metalhead, Null's mutants, the fallout of Splinter vs. Turtles, Hob's war on humans, Karai's comeback, and the Pantheon, which I suspect will end the book once it's finished. I don't think they could wrap all that up in another 50 issues. At this rate, IDW would probably have to get to at least #200 to effectively wrap up every plotline. What do you all think?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:31 PM   #294
CyberCubed
Overlord

You're forgetting about specials and mini's where a lot of these plots will likely be handled. Even then stuff like Baxter becoming the mayor, or Leatherhead being around or Metalhead flying around, most of this is just the usual recurring cast. Old Hob and the Mutanimals are essentially allies and all the other Mutanimals are good guys (although Old Hob causes trouble), so it's not so much a plotline as it's just more recurring allies. Same with Alopex, Angel, Hun (if he stays good), etc.

The only two major plots right now is Bishop against all aliens/mutants and the Patheon, with Null's stuff brewing on the side. Ch'rell was just let out so it's too early to say about him right now.

Bishop's attack on Burnow Island will probably lead to the Utroms/Triceratons realizing they can't stay on Earth and they'll both likely return to Dimension X to find a new home, essentially ending their plotlines for now like the Neutrino plots ended. Besides probably Ch'rell remaining on Earth.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #295
ChosenOne
Banned

I just had a random thought regarding an even more perfect title than "Extinction" for the inevitable invasion of Burnow Island arc: Endangered Species!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:35 PM   #296
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I don't really think there would be much point of spending all that time just for them to shrug and leave when they realize it's too dangerous.

Unless only a portion of Utroms leave with the Triceratons. Because you know that there will be no way Ch'rell and Kleve would up and leave Burnow after everything Krang went through to make the island livable. It would be a disgrace and insult from their perspective.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #297
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It will end with Agent Bishop taking Chr'ell prisoner of the government perhaps?
Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #298
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

At this point, anything could happen.

I can see an eventuality of Ch'rell getting into a fight with Leatherhead, which ultimately results in Leatherhead losing an eye like in Mirage.

That being said, it's a little ironic that with all the re-tellings of Leatherhead being chased by a mutant hunter...now HE'S the mutant hunter.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #299
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
At this point, anything could happen.

I can see an eventuality of Ch'rell getting into a fight with Leatherhead, which ultimately results in Leatherhead losing an eye like in Mirage.

That being said, it's a little ironic that with all the re-tellings of Leatherhead being chased by a mutant hunter...now HE'S the mutant hunter.
This really is a very unique take on Leatherhead. It's not necessarily my favorite, because I'm a sucker for tormented good guy Leatherhead, but it's definitely great characterization. Self-loathing... how delightful!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:56 PM   #300
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think 2003 LH is probably my favorite interpretation. The self-loathing is very present, but has the balance of being big-hearted and concerned about his friends.

He's also the only one I can think of that's actually a crocodile

Tags
idw's tmnt