The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
kids are starting to gravitate AWAY from action figures and tv shows and tv in general. they are finding their entertainment elsewhere. hell, some of the most popular stuff on youtube now are people playing video games and commenting on them.

If hollywood doesn't figure out that people don't like their products, they won't be around for the next generation. things just don't catch on like they used to, and I Think that is bad. it means that nothing is imaginative anymore to spark the creative fire.
Because online streaming, youtube, etc. exists.

You're a 40 year old man yelling at clouds. Kids today aren't going to like what any previous generation did and they don't have to. TV is dying because people watch shows online now.

What does it matter?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:11 AM   #62
newfan
Mad Scientist

People are still watching shows, even if other than the traditional way, so there's still call for them.

I don't think it's that people expect shows to be exactly the same in every way as their version (okay not all people), you know they'll develop, it's just at the moment this particular look/type is very different and ugly to some. Anyway as pointed out it's what they think kids currently like, it will change again. Saying that though, my 6-yr-old likes the action type toons... There's room for variation even if this type gets more populaity.

So, how long did the last one last? 1 season, 2?
and how many HE-MAN reboots were there? 2? I remember catching sight of one when channel surfing back in around 96 I think.

I don't know, if they want to do this sort of thing, maybe just do totally new things?

I don't think I care enough to be arguing with people over it.

Last edited by newfan; 05-20-2018 at 03:02 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #63
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because online streaming, youtube, etc. exists.

You're a 40 year old man yelling at clouds. Kids today aren't going to like what any previous generation did and they don't have to. TV is dying because people watch shows online now.

What does it matter?
Some people are obsessed with that everything has to be like during their childhood.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:23 AM   #64
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Some people are obsessed with that everything has to be like during their childhood.
Speaking of (sorry to come off topic) Mark Hamil tweeted something like 'May ep 9 be perfect and not ruin anyone's childhood' I found that funny.

I get people can feel something they like has been damaged as in what is has become but I don't quite get the 'ruined childhood'. Unless Rise has the ability to wipe an OT (or other version) ep from existence every time it airs

Last edited by newfan; 05-20-2018 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:17 AM   #65
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
and some people are weirdo's,(not you, you're quoted quote there) obsessed with peoples age, thinking it matters. people of ANY age can recognize crap. even the people working on it.

hopefully those talented people will land on their feet to something better, rather than populate tv land with this un imaginative crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Speaking of (sorry to come off topic) Mark Hamil tweeted something like 'May ep 9 be perfect and not ruin anyone's childhood' I found that funny.

I get people can feel something they like has been damaged as in what is has become but I don't quite get the 'ruined childhood'. Unless Rise has the ability to wipe an OT (or other version) ep from existence every time it airs

Star wars is the rare example where I Think it CAN ruin a child hood experience.
all that struggle of the rebel alliance basically meant nothing. they lost in the end and luke destroyed himself into a bitter old man. it's the literal definition of crapping on someones child hood. take the most happy and selfless character, and totally change him into something he's not.

even 30 years of eu didn't do that to luke after all the tradgedy he witnessed. and he was still a very likeable character right up to the very end. the last jedi undid all that with one flash back. when you go back and watch the old movies, it's harder to enjoy them a little bit, because you know what their 'official' future leads to. something a bit depressing and pointless.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?

Last edited by Vegita-San; 05-20-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Some people are are obsessed with characters they grown up with from the original. And want to see them all grown up rather then starting all over again with a reboot.

I know many here like myself. Have grown up with the FW TMNT. and wish we see that continue and show us what they are like as adults. They can't be teenagers forever.

I can understand why people are upset about this ThunderCats reboot. Cause they think its tarnishing the legacy of the original. By making complete fun at it.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #67
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Star Wars

Star Wars isn't a remake or reboot. It's the same story continuing.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #68
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Star wars is the rare example where I Think it CAN ruin a child hood experience.
all that struggle of the rebel alliance basically meant nothing. they lost in the end and luke destroyed himself into a bitter old man. it's the literal definition of crapping on someones child hood. take the most happy and selfless character, and totally change him into something he's not.
I shouldn't have brought SW to this thread really, (sorry peeps) it is a different thing (as pointed out above) in that it continues the story and version of 'our characters' With these toons they are all their own incarnations of the characters. I think I may just be taking 'ruined childhood' a bit too literally, people may just likely mean something they have enjoyed seems ruined or them

Last edited by newfan; 05-20-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

even 30 years of eu didn't do that to luke after all the tradgedy he witnessed. and he was still a very likeable character right up to the very end. the last jedi undid all that with one flash back. when you go back and watch the old movies, it's harder to enjoy them a little bit, because you know what their 'official' future leads to. something a bit depressing and pointless.
Wow, it's almost like this is what happens in wars and with countries in real life.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Some people are are obsessed with characters they grown up with from the original. And want to see them all grown up rather then starting all over again with a reboot.

I know many here like myself. Have grown up with the FW TMNT. and wish we see that continue and show us what they are like as adults. They can't be teenagers forever.

I can understand why people are upset about this ThunderCats reboot. Cause they think its tarnishing the legacy of the original. By making complete fun at it.
Agree for the most part. I don't need TMNT to be the FW version (I'd rather lean toward a 2003-ish style if anything), but I do get tired of reboot after reboot and would rather just a continuation. Change art style and even tone (to an extent) per series, fine... but not in a way that makes it look foolish. I never really had any attachment to Thundercats and did not watch it very often as a kid, but taking something more serious as it was and turning it into something that looks so foolish is still rather off-putting. Same for TMNT, but well.. I guess we can say that it at least isn't this bad.

If makers really are losing kids attention, then maybe someday they really will wake up and change course and put a bit more focus on a viable adult audience they can still draw with these older properties.

For the time being in this fad of such foolish looking nonsense... Is it really so hard to come up with original shows to use that style for?
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #71
Allio
Foot Elite

Wow it looks like garbage
Old 05-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #72
Vegita-San
Emperor

reading some comments. supposedly that victor guy is on twitter trashing the original show and it's fans. just like most reboot creators seem to do these days when producing crap.

can't seem to find evidence of this though. maybe someone here will hit pay dirt.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #73
Vegita-San
Emperor

Old 05-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #74
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Get the original voice cast back, and I am all over that.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #75
newfan
Mad Scientist

I found this in relation to the new show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qi41rHz4ps
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #76
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I found this in relation to the new show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qi41rHz4ps
Ancient news of evil
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #77
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That Nico guy isn't a part of Roar? So who cares?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #78
Vegita-San
Emperor

I thought he was staff on the show? The way it was posted made it seem like it.

If I'm wrong, I'll delete it. but if there is one like that with possible staffers trashing folks, there are probably others.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #79
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Nope, he's not staff. He was just being sassy with some whiny man-babies on twitter and got pegged as a showrunner by them,yet never made any such claims.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:07 AM   #80
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

People criticized the cartoons of my youth for promoting an unobtainable body image, because the characters looked like bodybuilders. By that logic, I put it to you that kids these days will grow up thinking that they need to look like plates of salmon moose.