The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
Galoob23
Thug

Custom Techno Rover vintage toyline

Forum member wpugh2424 showed interest in me making a one of a kind Techno Rover to go with the Vintage 1988 Toy line. I immediately did some research about this vehicle and how he appeared in the TV show. There also was an picture of a unproduced Techno Rover kinda vehicle to go with the Technodrome which never saw the light of day I think. So grabbed some parts from my possible custom toy projects pile and did some brainstorming.

He should have rotating side drills, spring loaded front canon and possible some other features. Off course he will come in a nice vintage style display window box.

I'll keep you updated!

Galoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #2
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Here's one that someone else made. Maybe you can get some ideas from this build. http://www.figurerealm.com/customfig...=view&id=43119
If you look at the guys other customs he also made a transport module and two scratch built technodromes.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
Galoob23
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Here's one that someone else made. Maybe you can get some ideas from this build. http://www.figurerealm.com/customfig...=view&id=43119
Yeah, I found that one also. Very inspiring but also a bit cardboardy 😄. Mine has to be about 95% plastic and 5% metal,
Old 11-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoob23 View Post
Yeah, I found that one also. Very inspiring but also a bit cardboardy ��. Mine has to be about 95% plastic and 5% metal,
His was made from plastic too with a little cardboard.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Galoob23
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
His was made from plastic too with a little cardboard.
That’s right. And the overall look and feel is great. I’ll definately steal some of his design ideas in my build.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #6
Galoob23
Thug

After some kit bashing, cutting and glueing this is what I came up with so far. I have to work out a lot of the details and have to buy some parts for that. The front gun has to swivel, turn and shoot a missile. The top missile launcher has to really fire the missiles and also swivel (hopefully 180 degrees). I also have to figure out what to use as the side drills and side "eye rockets".

This is the rough layout. Now the real work begins.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I've seen that custom before
Prettt cool
Old 11-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoob23 View Post
After some kit bashing, cutting and glueing this is what I came up with so far. I have to work out a lot of the details and have to buy some parts for that. The front gun has to swivel, turn and shoot a missile. The top missile launcher has to really fire the missiles and also swivel (hopefully 180 degrees). I also have to figure out what to use as the side drills and side "eye rockets".
https://image.ibb.co/bT8bq6/IMG_7288.jpg
This is the rough layout. Now the real work begins.
Pretty neat already