The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #41
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why the heck is it dubbed for different versions of Portuguese? If a series is dubbed into English, it's not one different for each English-speaking country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The FW series was never dubbed into European Portuguese. it aired here in English with subtitles.
Really? I remember seeing dubbed Season 7 episodes which put me right off watching it. This would have been in the mid-90s. Maybe my mind is faulty but I do remember switching on and seeing Portuguese dubbed episodes of Atlantis Awakes and Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter on SIC. Maybe I'm wrong? I definitely remember Power Rangers was dubbed.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:20 AM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Really? I remember seeing dubbed Season 7 episodes which put me right off watching it. This would have been in the mid-90s. Maybe my mind is faulty but I do remember switching on and seeing Portuguese dubbed episodes of Atlantis Awakes and Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter on SIC. Maybe I'm wrong? I definitely remember Power Rangers was dubbed.
I didn't watch the show until ti began getting reran often on Canal Panda from 1997 or so onward... and it was entirely in English. My brother also told me he only recalls seeing it in English when he was younger. I never came across FW episodes in European Portuguese on YT. In Brazilian Portuguese, yes, but not in European Portuguese. First time I hear this tbh.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Just read the earliest discussions here, under "General TMNT Discussion". The Internet was mainstream, but the newsflow was extremely slow.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:48 AM   #44
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Around 1998 to 2002 I was only 12 to 15 years old and you're right ... news was slow. I was checking the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles website a lot back then and reading a bit of the Mirage Volume 4 comics ... but it was mostly just hoping that something bigger movie and TV show wise was on it's way soon.

I do remember when more stuff about the new TMNT show was coming out, Toys R Us had carried a promotional item of material of all the new stuff on the FOX BOX." In it was a CD of various intro songs for new shows coming out ... and one included a previous version of a 2003 intro ... a version I prefer honestly to the one they ended up using.

Another thing I did was always get anticipated that some cool new teaser trailer I was watching before a movie was hopefully a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film I completely didn't know was in production.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #45
sdp
-

I forgot about that theme, it's so generic and 90s and reminds me a bit of the Fast Forward theme. It's not a good theme but maybe it would've been better.

The 2k3 theme grew on me a lot, I forced myself into liking it and now I kinda do like it but I still don't like it if that makes any sense
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #46
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I forgot about that theme, it's so generic and 90s and reminds me a bit of the Fast Forward theme. It's not a good theme but maybe it would've been better.

The 2k3 theme grew on me a lot, I forced myself into liking it and now I kinda do like it but I still don't like it if that makes any sense I
Oh I totally get that! I think with me I was watching so much of the 2K3 show that the song was engraved into that series that I grew to like it as well. I do remember when I watched the first episode when it premiered, I couldn’t stand the new theme and it took me out of it for a bit.

But oh god ... the Fast Forward theme is the worst.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #47
Overlord

I hate "never fight unless, someone else starts" in the 4 Kids series. Sure the turtles don't go to beat up people for no reason, but the lines are so silly.

Same with "the "good guys win and bad guys lose" in the Nickelodeon series (even if it's always what happens at the end).
Old 12-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #48
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Sounds like a anime intro translated to English I kinda like it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
But oh god ... the Fast Forward theme is the worst.
Fast Forward theme is quite catchy, I like it a lot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #50
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't think there's been a bad theme song in the history of Ninja Turtles.

Even the Next Mutation theme is pretty catchy.

I wonder how the Rise theme song will turn out to be. I'm betting it might be a new cover of the classic 80s theme.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:37 PM   #51
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I hate "never fight unless, someone else starts" in the 4 Kids series. Sure the turtles don't go to beat up people for no reason, but the lines are so silly.

Same with "the "good guys win and bad guys lose" in the Nickelodeon series (even if it's always what happens at the end).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Fast Forward theme is quite catchy, I like it a lot.
I think my biggest issue with the Fast Forward theme is the little sound bites that the Turtles throw in and that it sounds like really generic pop punk from the early 2000's. Plus the "STILL KICKIN' BUTT AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES!" line makes me cringe ... haha.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is right though, there are some goofy lines in the 2K3 series theme they used too ... and FredWolf is right too in terms of the Next Mutation theme being pretty great. Well ... the original one that is.

... I guess they lost the rights to this one above and by the time the series came to Netflix ... they replaced it with this hilarious stinker.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:40 AM   #52
dragonside
Hench Mutant

it was quite a lonely time.

this is actually a great thread. I am so glad there are quite a few people responding to it.

I remember that I was mainly watching the FW toon via VHS found in the used video flea market. Playing TMNT Tournament Fighters on the SNES. And I had one friend who really liked the 1990s movie on VHS. I happened to watch the other two movies on TV.

When the Next Mutation came, I was so stoked. Because I enjoyed the live action more than the toon when I was a kid. I was even more stoked when it crossed over with Power Rangers in Space

Being totally unaware of the comics, I later found out about the TMNT Archie comics (along with Sonic) when 2003 was nearing the end.

Good ol' nostalgia. Wish there were more people into it. But then Pokemon exploded. Digimon. Yu-gi-oh. So my attention shifted there.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:30 AM   #53
Overlord

Next Mutation

I never knew about Next Mutation when it aired.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #54
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I watched Next Mutation as well in 1998/1999 and also thought it was cool seeing the Turtles team up with the Power Rangers around that time.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #55
Overlord

I wasn't able to catch antything beyond season 5 and the Vacation in Europe as a child.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic the kid fads in the 80's/90/early 2000's when the same for a lot of people:

80's and early 90's = TMNT

early/mid 90's = Power Rangers

Late 90's and early 2000's = Pokemon, Dragonball Z, the anime craze in general

Early mid 2000's = Harry Potter was huge at this time

And since then...I have no idea. It seems aside from franchises that were around forever like DC and Marvel superheroes and Star Wars, there are no huge childhood fads anymore.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

For my now-10 year old daughter, I can attest to "Monster High" and "Littlest Pet Shop" being huge for her and all of her friends.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #58
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's kind of ironic the kid fads in the 80's/90/early 2000's when the same for a lot of people:

80's and early 90's = TMNT

early/mid 90's = Power Rangers

Late 90's and early 2000's = Pokemon, Dragonball Z, the anime craze in general

Early mid 2000's = Harry Potter was huge at this time

And since then...I have no idea. It seems aside from franchises that were around forever like DC and Marvel superheroes and Star Wars, there are no huge childhood fads anymore.
Ironic? What is ironic about it? Am I missing something here?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #59
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Ironic? What is ironic about it? Am I missing something here?
CyberCubed doesn't know what irony means.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
CyberCubed doesn't know what irony means.