The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #261
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
Really? I'm saying 2007 is canon to the TMNT Universe?

I don't get you.
Best to quit while you're only marginally behind.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #262
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Somebody is channeling Raph's stereotypical bad attitude quite well.

This guy gets it; far better than OrokuSakiShredderwhoever's subpar Shredder roleplay.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #263
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Best to quit while you're only marginally behind.
You're such a tryhard tool dude.

I never even brought up canonicity in this conversation. So stop. Re-insert .50 and try again.. and again and again.

I was just going along with what someone else said. So you can stop trying to take the better than you approach.

You take things way too serious. Getting so worked up over a discussion. Anyways...

get bent
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #264
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Don’t Expect a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Says Producer
Is there really someone who was expecting it? The first two movies have been horrible. I think they will end up releasing a third movie direct to video though.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #265
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I think they will end up releasing a third movie direct to video though.
That's actually a possibility. Scaled way back, just as sh*tty. Though I think the general thinking is that that would dilute the brand... i.e., if public perception sets in that TMNT is only a direct-to-video franchise, it would be a lot more difficult to ever rise above that later on.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #266
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

As a TMNT-fan, I want the three wilms we were told would come.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #267
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
As a TMNT fan I want to salt the Earth of the previous two movies and send everyone responsible for them straight to movie jail for the remainders of their pitiful careers.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #268
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As a TMNT fan I want to salt the Earth of the previous two movies and send everyone responsible for them straight to movie jail for the remainders of their pitiful careers.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #269
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I agree. The faster this dies, the faster we can get another new and better series.

If batman & robin didnt kill the franchise we would have gotten more sequels to that mess instead of the dark knight trilogy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #270
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

Thank goodness it will never happen.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #271
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
That's actually a possibility. Scaled way back, just as sh*tty. Though I think the general thinking is that that would dilute the brand... i.e., if public perception sets in that TMNT is only a direct-to-video franchise, it would be a lot more difficult to ever rise above that later on.
I dunno, in theory, couldn't Nick/Viacom dump PD and the writers, somehow talk people with some measure of talent and passion for the subject into taking on a third direct to video, put the would-be money reserved for theater distribution needs into production instead, take their time in terms of coming out with an actual good script (and have a million edits and rewrites if need be - plus smart, honest people who can read it and say "wtf, no" where necessary) and blow the first two out of the water, making an underdog comeback and leaving people wishing that one had been in theaters?

I mean, I know, definitely a long shot, but I'd kind of love to see that happen and the goodness of a third basically bitchslap Bay & Co.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #272
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Why do we even need more TMNT films, or any other comic book inspired movies for that matter? I feel like all of these characters (DC, Marvel ect.) do so much better on television as multi-season long shows where they're given enough time and attention for the stories to be fleshed out, instead of being condensed into a measly 2 hour long motion picture. But hey that's just my 2 cents.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #273
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Don’t Expect a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Says Producer
Is there really someone who was expecting it? The first two movies have been horrible. I think they will end up releasing a third movie direct to video though.
Isn't direct to video (even DVD and Bluray disc) almost dead? Maybe direct to Internet streaming then.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #274
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Isn't direct to video (even DVD and Bluray disc) almost dead? Maybe direct to Internet streaming then.
no not really DC Makes a lot of Direct to video movies like 4-5 every year
Old 02-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #275
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I could see it becoming direct to digital purchase via cable provider. Esp with some films actually doing a "same day as theater" thing already.

Though that sucks for those of us who still like to own a hard copy. (Plus I'd hate to lose movie purchases if cable provider was changed. ) Maybe hard copy could be by pre-order only and they only make as many are ordered? Heck, that could make some hard copies collectable later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Why do we even need more TMNT films, or any other comic book inspired movies for that matter? I feel like all of these characters (DC, Marvel ect.) do so much better on television as multi-season long shows where they're given enough time and attention for the stories to be fleshed out, instead of being condensed into a measly 2 hour long motion picture. But hey that's just my 2 cents.
Personally, I prefer live action for film, and I don't hold any hopes that a good (and good looking) long-lived live action for tv will ever happen. So I'd like to see more films happen at some point. Otherwise I agree though in terms of storytelling. A series of films needs to be really solid to be able to keep going for a bit.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-10-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #276
Overlord

Also, aren't most (of course not all) direct to video films animated?
Old 02-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #277
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, there's plenty of live action, but they don't seem to get much advertisement, if at all. Far as I've understood, I think a lot of them just couldn't get the interest of theaters, or were small budget and lacked the funds to compete. (I mean, I've seen some good small indy films that didn't play in theaters simply for the fact of being a little guy and not getting any big one to help out; at best they found a distributor for a disc.) Some films seem to get shelved for a while before ever making an appearance, if ever... and if so then video only.

In the case of animation I think it may also depend on their objectives and not necessarily always a lack of interest? I mean, look at "Land Before Time." The first was successful in theaters... and then it went nuts making a million direct-to-video sequels to keep that cash flow rolling. I doubt all of those would have been popular in theaters anyhow, but I assume it's probably also just easier to keep pumping it out while there is interest rather than waiting for theater premieres, having sequels spaced farther apart, and spending money on that.

(Edit: I just realized "Land Before Time" had a new one out a year ago. I figured they were done by now! lol)
Old 02-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #278
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
(Edit: I just realized "Land Before Time" had a new one out a year ago. I figured they were done by now! lol)
Jesus christ... let the asteroid fall already.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #279
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Jesus christ... let the asteroid fall already.
Meteor and I think it did in the first one, or at least it was implied the dinosaurs were already going extinct by that point. It's a plot point I guess was ignored because it doesn't fit in with a billion sequels.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:55 PM   #280
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I could see them do a series of TMNT animated movies that go direct to video, Kind of like what DC is doing with there DC animated universe movies.

If they go that route, I would like for these animated movies to be based on the IDW comics.

Tags
tmnt 3