The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
newfan
Mad Scientist

The most ruthless Shredder?

I know you guys have gone over every TMNT subject, maybe a few times... so I apologise for being an annoying new person... but, I was just wondering out of all the Shredders (all verses) who was the most ruthless and also who was the most badass? (I know they can be different things)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Bar none, IDW's. He beheaded 4 children & their father in the first few issues, hell of an introduction. Later he would not only run his crime empire in NYC but literally fight a gauntlet of demons in actual hell.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Bar none, IDW's. He beheaded 4 children & their father in the first few issues, hell of an introduction. Later he would not only run his crime empire in NYC but literally fight a gauntlet of demons in actual hell.
Damn, I can see that would be hard to beat. I suppose there's room for more darkness in the comics.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

4kids, you can't get more ruthless than erasing all of existence, Nick does get an honorable mention for destroying a planet.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
4kids, you can't get more ruthless than erasing all of existence, Nick does get an honorable mention for destroying a planet.
You make those Shredders sound like DragonBall villains

Anyways, I have not read the IDW comics but from the incarnations I have seen, I would say Utrom Shredder. Not only did he try destroy all of existence in Turtles Forever, but he was also responsible for millions of casualties on other planets by funding civil wars, coups etc.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You make those Shredders sound like DragonBall villains

Anyways, I have not read the IDW comics but from the incarnations I have seen, I would say Utrom Shredder. Not only did he try destroy all of existence in Turtles Forever, but he was also responsible for millions of casualties on other planets by funding civil wars, coups etc.
I'm only at the beginning of that incarnation but there are different Shredders in it from what I've seen of it.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I would defiantly probably go with IDW shredder, but lets not forget 4Kids shredder tortured and removed body parts from stockman bit by bit until he was a eyeball and a brain.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Those Shredder's are all pretty scary, but have they ever done something as ruthless as INSULTING BABIES?!!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I would defiantly probably go with IDW shredder, but lets not forget 4Kids shredder tortured and removed body parts from stockman bit by bit until he was a eyeball and a brain.
I was wondering what Stockman's fate in this show would be, it was this Show that sparked the question actually.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

- Mirage Shredder only existed for 1 issue and the Turtles killed him, so we have no idea what he did otherwise aside from killing Hamato Yoshi.

- Original cartoon Shredder was a typical 80's cartoon supervillain. To be fair he had the most world domination plots of any Shredder with Krang.

- Movie Shredder from the original 90's trilogy trained New York's teens into Foot Clan for a crimewave.

- 2k3 Shredder wanted to conquer Earth, enslave the Utroms, and take over the universe. Then wipe out all of existence. He was like Freeza and Xeno from DBZ.

- Demon Shredder from 2k3 also wanted to take over the world and turn it into Hell for demons.

- Nick Shredder had plans to control the city, but most of it was trying to kill Splinter and the Turtles. He did raise his enemies daughter as his own child for 16 years though, so that's dark.

- IDW Shredder was a feudal Japan warlord, but that was the norm for ancient Japan.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I was wondering what Stockman's fate in this show would be, it was this Show that sparked the question actually.
Spoiler:
If Fast forward is anything to go by he gets a happy ending
Old 12-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #12
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

But next time i will destroy his brain too! I only it becausei it was the only part of him i needed to help my scientists create super powerful robots. But next time i willl kill him and take his ghost and put it on a ghost machine. That way as ghost he will not be able to hurt me. But as a brain if there is a traitor again in my team like Chaplin then there is the risk of puting him into a robot and attack me. But what a ghost can do? Nothing. That why i will kill him if he fails me again and then keep his ghost .
Old 12-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW Shredder was a feudal Japan warlord, but that was the norm for ancient Japan.
Most people in feudal Japan weren't exactly warlords.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #14
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Those Shredder's are all pretty scary, but have they ever done something as ruthless as INSULTING BABIES?!!

Yes, truly evil.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Most people in feudal Japan weren't exactly warlords.
No, most people were not warlords, you're correct about that. He simply just meant that there wasn't anything unusual about warlords in feudal Japan. Most people don't hold political office, nor do you meet them on a regular basis, but you don't think think it's weird that those who do play a big role in your life.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #16
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Dude, do you know how many babies Utrom and Tengu Shredder KILLED? Those two along with the 90s film version are all pure evil in character.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Dude, do you know how many babies Utrom and Tengu Shredder KILLED? Those two along with the 90s film version are all pure evil in character.
They never called any baby ugly though. Case Closed.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:26 AM   #18
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The only truly honorable thing 2012 Shredder did was to drive Kavaxxas back into the demon realm.

But in general 2012 Shredder was the most unfeeling and stoic of all the Shredders.

- Raising your enemy's daughter and using her as a weapon to strike that enemy down with.
- In his absence, Karai actually succeeded into expanding the Foot Clan's mode of operations, brokering Foot soldiers and Chromedomes from the Kraang. Why wasn't Shredder pleased with that? Answer: because he's a control freak, the fact that Splinter's daughter did a better job at leading the Foot clan must have been such an insult to his ego.
- Having Stockman mutate Karai and forcing brain worms into her.
- Killing Splinter by striking him from behind, after you've declared a truce to save the planet because you've decided on the fly that his death is more important than the survival of everybody else.

Karai was right though: "He needs a hobby."
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #19
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That is a pretty good point.

Ch'rell may have been an intergalactic mass murderer and criminal, but he at least had affection and respect for Karai...up until the very end, at least. He trusted her enough with his deepest secrets and maintained a relationship where she wouldn't spill those secrets for anything or anyone. And moreover, had a relationship where she wasn't afraid of him. He trusted her to replace him in any circumstance and even respected some instances of input.

Even with everything, Ch'rell was capable of actually loving Karai to what little extent his psychopathy would allow.

(I'm not sure why he didn't save Karai himself when Bishop kidnapped her, but he was furious enough at it that I think he could have done so. Time's ticking dude, why are you messing around with sending Hun over?)
Old 10-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #20
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm only in season 3 somewhere still with 2k3 so can't comment too much yet with Shredder and Karai, other than I notice he has her call him master and not father.

2012's couldn't put his feelings for her before his need for revenge, which she suffered for. The mutation was never meant for her though, thinking of the comment above, but it was his fault obviously.
Shredder did also try to kill the brother he was raised with and also, can we assume the father (who was dying I think?) was in the house when it burned down?

Last edited by newfan; 10-02-2018 at 08:36 AM.