The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

New video of Kevin Eastman talking about the Teaser - Read First Post

Important: This thread was closed and cleaned due to being so full of bickering. Discussion and debate is fine, but any and all fighting/insulting will result in Severe discipline. I and the staff will not allow the forum to get in such a poor state again. You have been warned.

New Video of Kevin Eastman talking about the new movie, This was recorded earlier.

He pulled all the best stuff from every version which also includes from IDW series

He also says not to believe anything you read about the Shredder, and that you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see it.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
New Video of Kevin Eastman talking about the new movie, This was recorded earlier.

He mentions about the different influences that the movie borrowed from, He even mentions IDW as one.

He also says not to believe anything you read about the Shredder, and that you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see it.
Nope, won't buy it. Kevin is notorious for selling out time after time, and he doesn't sound like he is into it at all. When Peter comes and says that it's okay i will be at piece.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

kevins a good guy and I respect him but not even praise from him can change my opinion on what these people have done with his creations
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:

He mentions about the different influences that the movie borrowed from, He even mentions IDW as one.

Is that KENO? sitting to his left? I know that he created a video to pitch the idea of him as the fight choreographer - but has there been any news as to his level of ACTUAL involvement other than wanting to be a part of this process?
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The fact he mentions IDW, is a clear sign of what we might see in the film in terms of the Origin.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
trikuza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Is that KENO? sitting to his left? I know that he created a video to pitch the idea of him as the fight choreographer - but has there been any news as to his level of ACTUAL involvement other than wanting to be a part of this process?
This was at dluxe expo. Keno was there for meet and greet.
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #7
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
I used to be a part his martial arts Ernie Reyes World martial arts And i was talking with my old teacher and he has said they Ernie Reyes Jr was going to be working on TMNT movie but i thought maybe it fell thought but there is a possibility he might be working on it -_^ who knows

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I used to be a part his martial arts Ernie Reyes World martial arts And i was talking with my old teacher and he has said they Ernie Reyes Jr was going to be working on TMNT movie but i thought maybe it fell thought but there is a possibility he might be working on it -_^ who knows
I know that before Nick bought the rights to TMNT, they had a nationwide tour for the Turtles, during which Keno was there to oversee/judge the tryouts for the foot clan. I actually thought about auditioning when they came to LA. But after the buyout, nothing came from that process, and I wonder if the people chosen for the parts were even carried over into this film.

@samxsteal - do you continue to study martial arts? if so which disciplines? always nice to see others who pursue the study in real life - I am a practitioner of wing chun, and eskrima. I also box.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #9
trikuza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I am a practitioner of wing chun, and eskrima. I also box.
You ever heard of dan inosanto? I trained Jeet Kune Do under him. I started taking his eskrima classes but stopped real early to focus on the JKD.
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #10
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
You ever heard of dan inosanto? I trained Jeet Kune Do under him. I started taking his eskrima classes but stopped real early to focus on the JKD.
Dan Insanto is the freaking man. One badass dude for sure. Because of Bruce, he trained in Wing Chun for a short time, and did so with the senior members of my lineage. He is WELL respected in my circles. I dont know him personally, but would love the opportunity to meet him and pick his brain.

JKD, when taught well, is revolutionary, in my opinion. I think you couldn't learn from a better person. Good luck to you my friend.

*EDIT* my bad, i realize i have gotten off topic, but on that note, Kevin has been very vocal of his support for this film...minus condemning the whole alien thing, does anyone know if Peter Laird has said anything lately?
Old 03-29-2014, 12:05 AM   #11
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
I know that before Nick bought the rights to TMNT, they had a nationwide tour for the Turtles, during which Keno was there to oversee/judge the tryouts for the foot clan. I actually thought about auditioning when they came to LA. But after the buyout, nothing came from that process, and I wonder if the people chosen for the parts were even carried over into this film.

@samxsteal - do you continue to study martial arts? if so which disciplines? always nice to see others who pursue the study in real life - I am a practitioner of wing chun, and eskrima. I also box.
I'm kind of hoping the kept him it would be a plus to and great stunt work team.

And I haven't Officially practice Martial art in a long while mostly dude to funds and time, but i still self taught Nunchaku, As well as, some kendo,

I should get into it more Mostly due to the fact that i need to stretch more often Used to be able to kick above my head now i can barely reach my neck, lol But i miss Ernie Reyes Martial arts they're generally west coast, and im picky about which school i would practice at.

But i used to want to start a fight club(with sparing gear) but it feel through.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #12
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

someone probably already posted this...(didn't know where to post this)

but does this mean there's a tiny possibility for Bebop and Rocksteady??
(they quickly mention them in the video) 4:23
Old 03-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #13
Kendamu
Sewerhead

There's a phrase I've been caught using to sum up what Kevin Eastman normally has to say about a new version of the Turtles that we're all worried about:

"It'll be awesome! I promise!"
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
He pulled all the best stuff from every version which also includes from IDW series
Nowhere in that does he say anything was cribbed from the IDW series. He only states the creative process was like what they did on the IDW series.

And he does seem overly worried about what we've read about the Shredder. Why not just set our minds at ease? This is even worse than all the "He's not Khan!" hubbub about Into Darkness.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #15
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Nowhere in that does he say anything was cribbed from the IDW series. He only states the creative process was like what they did on the IDW series.

And he does seem overly worried about what we've read about the Shredder. Why not just set our minds at ease? This is even worse than all the "He's not Khan!" hubbub about Into Darkness.
That was so great. He was so clearly, obviously Khan.

Anyway, I'm way more curious about what Peter thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

How about someone ask him, in a nice and respectful way (doesn't have to be in a rude way) some of the other stuff people wonder about?

For example "who has more screen time, April/Vernon or the Turtles"? I think that could be answered without quote 'spoiling the film.'

At least it shouldn't be. Someone could easily ask that, bring up Transformers, but at the same time approach as if you're not attacking the guy.

That or ask stuff like 'does 1 turtle get more screen time than the others? Or do they all have equal screen time/importance?' Stuff like that. Again, that can be answered without truly spoiling the flick, correct?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #17
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
How about someone ask him, in a nice and respectful way (doesn't have to be in a rude way) some of the other stuff people wonder about?

For example "who has more screen time, April/Vernon or the Turtles"? I think that could be answered without quote 'spoiling the film.'
If they're ever asked that and they dance around it without giving a concrete answer, we'll know exactly who has more screen time in this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #18
Allio
Foot Elite

I love Kevin, but of the two, he has always been the YES man - while Peter was more of the grounded "negative"
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #19
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just found this new interview of Kevin Eastman talking about TMNT and its different incarnations. This was recorded on March 28 at the DLUX Expo

Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #20
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kevin eastman, live action films