The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #61
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
He tried, unsuccessfully, to foist that yoke onto my shoulders.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #62
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,090
Woah, Cubed would actually sink that low?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #63
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Right? I was surprised too.
I mean it's not, "Your grandmother died because you didn't love her enough" low, but still...a major disappointment.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #64
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,927
As I recall it was more than just 'Cubed or plastron who might have scared Ciro off.

Didn't some 4Kids rep used to have an account here? I wonder who that guy was...
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #65
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
As I recall it was more than just 'Cubed or plastron who might have scared Ciro off.

Didn't some 4Kids rep used to have an account here? I wonder who that guy was...
I think Cubed stating a few time that the Nick toon staff doesn't seem to like the 4Kids series much might have upset some people.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #66
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I don't doubt that movers and shakers come here, what I'm saying is that I doubt they're going to change any plans because of s#itposting.

Honest crit, sure.
But people venting their spleen because it's the internet and they can and f-you if you can't handle it....not so much.

I remember getting blamed for Ciro leaving.
That was funny.
Because you hounded him about the writing of April O'Neil? I don't know whether to wag my finger at you in shame or applaud your stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
He tried, unsuccessfully, to foist that yoke onto my shoulders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Right? I was surprised too.
I mean it's not, "Your grandmother died because you didn't love her enough" low, but still...a major disappointment.
Cubed! Get yo' ass in here, boy. You got some explaining to do.

Remind me... the grandmother thing was Davetello, right?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #67
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think Cubed stating a few time that the Nick toon staff doesn't seem to like the 4Kids series much might have upset some people.
Well he was stating the truth. Nickelodeon has treated the 4Kids cartoon almost like dog crap.
Releasing a ****in' TV CUT of Turtles Forever in full-screen, after airing it several times with the live-action ending lopped off... then releasing 2 DVDs of 3-4 episodes EACH, out of order of course.... then distributing disturbingly poor encodes of episodes to Amazon and the like.

Viacom buying the TMNT was a new low for the franchise as a whole.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #68
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Nah, had nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the fact that instead of answering a yes/no question with a Yes or a No he went and stuck his foot down his own throat.
And then got buttmad when folks called him on it.

I think that was his name?
To be honest, I didn't really care enough about him to remember his name, but the words...they're too funny to forget.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #69
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Well he was stating the truth. Nickelodeon has treated the 4Kids cartoon almost like dog crap.
Releasing a ****in' TV CUT of Turtles Forever in full-screen, after airing it several times with the live-action ending lopped off... then releasing DVDs of 3-4 episodes EACH, out of order of course.... then distributing disturbingly poor encodes of episodes to Amazon and the like.
Well, on the one hand, you can't blame them for not heavily promoting and marketing a version of TMNT OTHER than their own.

But on the other hand... I hate them and their grubby little hands. I want my complete season sets for 4Kids TMNT. I don't want to go eBay/Amazon crawling for those terrible Foxbox 3-episode discs completely out of order.

Thank God for Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Nah, had nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the fact that instead of answering a yes/no question with a Yes or a No he went and stuck his foot down his own throat.
And then got buttmad when folks called him on it.
Just like DiCaprio in "Django", you now have my attention. Care to point me in the right direction for a relevant thread?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #70
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,927
I still maintain that they don't market 4Kids well because it's better than their own series.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #71
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
I've got a bunch of dupe dvds of the 4-kids series that're in need of a good home.
I'm just saying...

Uh...oh man, I have no idea where that thread is.
Somewhere?
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #72
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,090
It's really sad how there isn't a proper DVD release of the 4Kids series yet. I own a couple of DVDs with about 2-3 eps each. Bought them back in 2007 or 2008 already though. One of them had the first 3-4 episodes and the other one the Shredder Strikes two parter and the two eps before or after it. Can't bother to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I still maintain that they don't market 4Kids well because it's better than their own series.
They market the FW series a lot, though. And that was way mroe successful than theirs will ever be, so if anything they should have na inferiority complex with that one, not with the 4Kids series. And evne if 4Kids is the best show out of the three overall, it's not like heavily marketing it would made it the most popular show. Plus, it still doesn't have the nostalgic factor that the FW series has nor does it have the "modern" factor that the current cartoon does... although the current one is already in its 4th or 5th season and doesn't grab as much media attention as it did back in 2012. The two crappy Bay movies didn't do the franchise any good, let's face it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #73
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It's really sad how there isn't a proper DVD release of the 4Kids series yet. I own a couple of DVDs with about 2-3 eps each. Bought them back in 2007 or 2008 already though. One of them had the first 3-4 episodes and the other one the Shredder Strikes two parter and the two eps before or after it. Can't bother to check out.


They market the FW series a lot, though. And that was way mroe successful than theirs will ever be, so if anything they should have na inferiority complex with that one, not with the 4Kids series. And evne if 4Kids is the best show out of the three overall, it's not like heavily marketing it would made it the most popular show. Plus, it still doesn't have the nostalgic factor that the FW series has nor does it have the "modern" factor that the current cartoon does... although the current one is already in its 4th or 5th season and doesn't grab as much media attention as it did back in 2012. The two crappy Bay movies didn't do the franchise any good, let's face it.
FW isn't owned by Nick. Lionsgate has the rights to FW.
__________________
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #74
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I still maintain that they don't market 4Kids well because it's better than their own series.
I fully agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I've got a bunch of dupe dvds of the 4-kids series that're in need of a good home.
I'm just saying...

Uh...oh man, I have no idea where that thread is.
Somewhere?
I am cursing my wallet's anemic state as I read this...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #75
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
FW isn't owned by Nick. Lionsgate has the rights to FW.
Ah, OK. Didn't know that.

Btw, aren't FW youtube videos blocked for Americans? I've tried to link some FW related videos to some people before and americans always say that they're blocked.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #76
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Ah, OK. Didn't know that.

Btw, aren't FW youtube videos blocked for Americans? I've tried to link some FW related videos to some people before and americans always say that they're blocked.
I've never been able to view a substantial amount of FW content on YouTube... they're very good at blocking uploads of that.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #77
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You were? I thought that was Cubed's burden?
I wasn't around for that...but it makes way more sense somehow.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #78
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
He was just pulling his standard parrot schtick. Ciro got annoyed and rage quit. Don't remember PC being involved at all.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,421
Plastron's problems were with April and how female characters were handled, and how Ciro portrayed them. Its rather obvious, Plastron's all about feminism and female character roles, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #80
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Be that as it may (or A Day Inside it), she didn't incessantly repeat herself in the same thread to the point of flipping out the head producer.

You suck.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cubed and tothenines, cubed's got it, cubedindenial, dawn of fat hookers, meow is vandalay, microagressions, snake vs the world, threads about cubed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.