The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

2010's Technodrome playset

Does anyone wonder why a Technodrome playset was made only for "Out of the Shadows", and not for the Nickelodeon series or maybe IDW comics?

The Technodrome is in those. Don't children who like TMNT today think the Technodrome is cool?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

I think it's only shown in the crossover episode and they clown on the big eye, and the red foot painted on it. So maybe kids don't think it's cool? Also they haven't released any action figures that are IDW related so they probably won't make a full play set, especially before putting out figures.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Overlord

Nickelodeon Kraang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
I think it's only shown in the crossover episode and they clown on the big eye, and the red foot painted on it. So maybe kids don't think it's cool? Also they haven't released any action figures that are IDW related so they probably won't make a full play set, especially before putting out figures.
I'm mostly talking about the Technodrome(s) used by the Kraang in the Nickelodeon series.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Playsets panned out really fast. The Sewer playset was flimsy and had too little going on for its size, the pop-up pizza box sold so poorly Shredder's pop-up lair was canceled. I'm kinda surprised the Sewer set got a Movie version and a SFX variant at all.

So I guess the OotS Technodrome was a rework of a proposed Nick 'drone that was initially discarded since there's no place to fight with Kra(a)ng on the ship, just inside and the Turtles wasn't inside the Drome in the movie. Who knows.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:20 AM   #5
Overlord

Those 2010's TMNT sewer hideouts look so big I doubt most parents will buy it for their children, even at Christmas or birthdays.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 AM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Fair point, you'd think they'd have made one. Although much of what we ever see in Nick's Technodrome is pretty vague (series of hallways and rooms we typically don't see too much detail of, I think) and maybe just doesn't offer a whole lot to base playability on. Not that the movie one is really any better and the inside of that toy is itself pretty basic (not looking like there is really much you can do with it) and a temporary gimmick for a movie tie-in. Or that's at least my best guess.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote