The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #21
dawwe
Foot Soldier

Sounds like a positive thing, but we will see what happens. One can always hope that we get more Laird TMNT.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
It was after 31 was done but before it was printed... So probably still 5 to 6 issues...

A neat way to end things would be a Mirage/IDW crossover... Lol.

Raph has been turned back to normal, Donnie is small sized still & Mikey is in space... Do two issues to resize Don, two for Mikey to come home, one for Leo to come back to Earth get his bros and go back to the Arena where we meet the IDW Turtles... Do it as implied IDW Turtles so that Laird doesn't have to write them or even draw them and have a Mirage/IDW six part mini... Vol 4 gets a torch passed moment while wrapping most threads and we can just know more happens before THE FUTURE Tales v2 stories happen... Issue one of the mini shows the tale start from IDWs POV, have Lawson write & draw the Mirage boys and Ben Bishop draw the IDW guys... Tell a cool Crisis of Infinite Turtles tale and wrap it up. Maybe Mirage Raph can lose an eye even...
I like the idea, but you, I, and everybody else all know that Pete would never do it.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #23
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

"Ending" a branch of TMNT via crossover has already been done. Let's not make it a regular thing please.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Some kind of meta thing would be neat, if planned out (and obviously coordinated every step of the way with Laird). Here'd be my pitch:

(and this ONLY WORKS if Laird is ready on the starting line)

IDW TMNT has some great big event. Probably a mini-series, or a 4 issue arc in the core title. Call it something, call it "BREAKTHROUGH." Basically, something is wonky with the IDW universe... like things are "glitching." They ask Renet, who tells them that there is something wrong with the Prime dimension, and it's rubbing off on all other splinter realities including their own. They travel to the Prime dimension (and dammit, don't make it black and white... Mirage TMNT is not inherently black and white, that's dumb) and find all of the Mirage Turtles are frozen in place exactly where they were at the end of TMNT Vol. 4, #32. Frozen, like frozen. Upon further investigation, they find, like, extra-dimensional parasites from some other realm (maybe the IDW version of Dimension X, since Prime doesn't have one... or maybe it's some pre-existing IDW villain) leeching off of the brains of everyone who is frozen in place. Eventually they find the villain responsible, dispense with them (I'd say kill them, but this is IDW TMNT so there will be none of that), time unfreezes for the Mirage TMNT, they shake hands with the IDW TMNT, and the Mirage TMNT offer the IDW TMNT beers to strange looks. IDW TMNT goes home, and Mirage TMNT give them thanks and props.

*end of event*

AND THEN...

The next month, Peter drops TMNT Vol. 4, #33, and releases 34, 35, 36, 37 on a bi-monthly schedule.

I think it'd be a neat little thing. Like the IDW TMNT smacked the gears and got them going again, to everyone's benefit.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Some kind of meta thing would be neat, if planned out (and obviously coordinated every step of the way with Laird). Here'd be my pitch:

(and this ONLY WORKS if Laird is ready on the starting line)

IDW TMNT has some great big event. Probably a mini-series, or a 4 issue arc in the core title. Call it something, call it "BREAKTHROUGH." Basically, something is wonky with the IDW universe... like things are "glitching." They ask Renet, who tells them that there is something wrong with the Prime dimension, and it's rubbing off on all other splinter realities including their own. They travel to the Prime dimension (and dammit, don't make it black and white... Mirage TMNT is not inherently black and white, that's dumb) and find all of the Mirage Turtles are frozen in place exactly where they were at the end of TMNT Vol. 4, #32. Frozen, like frozen. Upon further investigation, they find, like, extra-dimensional parasites from some other realm (maybe the IDW version of Dimension X, since Prime doesn't have one... or maybe it's some pre-existing IDW villain) leeching off of the brains of everyone who is frozen in place. Eventually they find the villain responsible, dispense with them (I'd say kill them, but this is IDW TMNT so there will be none of that), time unfreezes for the Mirage TMNT, they shake hands with the IDW TMNT, and the Mirage TMNT offer the IDW TMNT beers to strange looks. IDW TMNT goes home, and Mirage TMNT give them thanks and props.

*end of event*

AND THEN...

The next month, Peter drops TMNT Vol. 4, #33, and releases 34, 35, 36, 37 on a bi-monthly schedule.

I think it'd be a neat little thing. Like the IDW TMNT smacked the gears and got them going again, to everyone's benefit.
Meta, but cool.

How would you feel about Savanti Romero being the villain of that?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #26
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

hahaha, that would make it kind of worth it

Old 07-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
How would you feel about Savanti Romero being the villain of that?
Maybe. But I'd make it the IDW Savanti Romero.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Maybe. But I'd make it the IDW Savanti Romero.
I don't believe there is such a thing. It was Mirage Savanti in B&R Destroy Everything.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I don't believe there is such a thing. It was Mirage Savanti in B&R Destroy Everything.
*shrug*

Maybe Galactose, then, back for revenge.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #30
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
"I hope to someday return to finish up the story lines in Volume 4, but when that will be, I have no idea. I can only hope that when I get around to it, Jim Lawson will still be willing to draw it!"

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....l#comment-form

From a response on July 9th.

It seems like a minor thing, but saying "I hope to someday return to finish up" volume 4 is different than him saying, "Maybe I'll do it, but I doubt I will," as he's been saying for a few years. Maybe a small distinction, but it seems important.
oh i really do hope so!!!

it's much too early to start celebrating, but even at the mere thought-

let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope that the planets will align!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #31
Donnie
Something from the Past

Oh man, I really hope Peter gets around to finishing Volume 4.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I wonder if passing a church collection plate or filling a PAC envelope with crumpled twenties would help encourage his creative desire to finish Volume 4.

Show him the fans care and will put their money where their mouth is, the way we put money towards Andrew finishing Volume 3. I wish I'd been active when that was happening, I'd have shelled out whatever I could for that...
Old 07-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I wish I'd been active when that was happening, I'd have shelled out whatever I could for that...
You'll have your chance for "Origin." In just a few days.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You'll have your chance for "Origin." In just a few days.
Sounds promising!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know why people are talking about crossovers or spinoffs or whatever, Volume 4 has it's own separate plots that were winding down around the time of issue 32. I don't see what the hell people are talking about other stuff when all we want is some closure to the current stories.

Mike is still with the Triceratons about to attack Styracadons and find out why the Regenta betrayed him, Leo was still in the Battle Nexus with an alternate Shredder about to meet and alternate Splinter, and besides that Raph/Don/April's story were all pretty much over or coming to a conclusion. There's not much else.

Then from what we know from Tales and the Future TMNT stories, we know the world goes to hell and most humans leave the planet but a few.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #36
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't know why people are talking about crossovers or spinoffs or whatever, Volume 4 has it's own separate plots that were winding down around the time of issue 32. I don't see what the hell people are talking about other stuff when all we want is some closure to the current stories.

Mike is still with the Triceratons about to attack Styracadons and find out why the Regenta betrayed him, Leo was still in the Battle Nexus with an alternate Shredder about to meet and alternate Splinter, and besides that Raph/Don/April's story were all pretty much over or coming to a conclusion. There's not much else.

Then from what we know from Tales and the Future TMNT stories, we know the world goes to hell and most humans leave the planet but a few.
i'm with CyberCubed on this one.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #37
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Resolve the hanging stuff in volume 4, then let someone else take over for a Shadow Jones series that covers the flooded future. Perhaps have Laird in a role like he had for the 2003 show.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Resolve the hanging stuff in volume 4, then let someone else take over for a Shadow Jones series that covers the flooded future.
That's a great idea. With occasional Turtle, April, Casey appearances.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

PL is 63 right now, if he doesn't finish Volume 4 within say the next 5 years it's never going to happen.

You really think he's going to bother when he's 70? I don't know much about the comic industry, but how many 70+ year old writers are there who put out new material?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #40
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
PL is 63 right now, if he doesn't finish Volume 4 within say the next 5 years it's never going to happen.

You really think he's going to bother when he's 70? I don't know much about the comic industry, but how many 70+ year old writers are there who put out new material?
you don't know that though.

i'm sure the man can do what ever he wants to, when he's good and ready.