The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #261
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

The Cincy Mayors opening pitch was a joke, right?

please tell me that was a joke...
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #262
Revan
Han Shot First

It wasn't.

Jimmy Kimmel had him on his show to redeem himself and guess what happened... again.

He completely missed the catcher... this time wide right. It took him like 3 trys to get it to the catcher and it still bounced there.

I wouldn't vote for him!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #263
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
It wasn't.

Jimmy Kimmel had him on his show to redeem himself and guess what happened... again.

He completely missed the catcher... this time wide right. It took him like 3 trys to get it to the catcher and it still bounced there.

I wouldn't vote for him!
Wow.

Yesterday I was watching the Tigers and in the top of the 9th Pudge was throwing the ball back to Todd Jones and he put it right in the dirt. I was lmao. It was like 5 feet short of the mound and 10 feet to the left...it rolled out to Guillen at shortstop. Even the anouncers were chuckling. It was just so hilarious because 1, hes the best catcher in the game today and 2, he looked like he was 8.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #264
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I wouldn't vote for him!
I wonder if he will get less votes after that...
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #265
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
I wonder if he will get less votes after that...
What's sad is that if he knew he would be throwing out the first pitch, why wouldn't he take a couple practice throws before the game to work out the kinks?!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #266
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

well bitter sweet news for the Gators now... coach stays.. players go. it would've been cool to see a team 3peat but i knew the money would temp the players too much.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #267
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

I enjoy doing mock NFL drafts each year, and I usually share them with a couple of the message boards I frequent. Since I just joined here in January, I am proud to present my 1st annual Technodrome Mock Football Draft. Please feel free to comment on my picks.

1 Oakland Jamarcus Russell
2 Detroit Brady Quinn
3 Cleveland Adrian Peterson
4 Tampa Bay Calvin Johnson
5 Arizona Joe Thomas
6 Washington Amobi Okoye
7 Minnesota Gaines Adams
8 Atlanta (from Houston) Leron Landry
9 Miami Patrick Willis
10 Houston (from Atlanta) Levi Brown
11 San Francisco Adam Carriker
12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch
13 St Louis Alan Branch
14 Carolina Jamall Anderson
15 Pittsburgh Leon Hall
16 Green Bay Robert Meacham
17 Jacksonville Reggie Nelson
18 Cincinnati Darrell Revis
19 Tennessee Ted Gynn Jr
20 NY Giants Chris Houston
21 Denver Jarvis Moss
22 Dallas Dwayne Bowe
23 Kansas City Dwayne Jarrett
24 New England (from Seattle) Paul Posluszny
25 NY Jets Justin Blaylock
26 Philadelphia Lawrence Timmons
27 New Orleans Demarcus Tyler
28 New England Marcus McCauly
29 Baltimore Jon Beason
30 San Diego Sydney Rice
31 Chicago Greg Olson
32 Indianapolis Justin Harrell
33 Oakland Ryan Kalil
34 Detroit Anthoney Spencer
35 Tampa Bay Ben Grubbs
36 Cleveland Joe Staley
37 Chicago (from Washington thru NY Jets) Quinn Pitcock
38 Arizona Charles Johnson
39 Atlanta (from Houston) Quintin Moses
40 Miami Tony Ugoh
41 Minnesota Drew Stanton
42 San Francisco Anthoney Gonzalez
43 Buffalo Aaron Ross
44 Atlanta Aaron Sears
45 Carolina Davis Harris
46 Pittsburgh Tim Crowder
47 Green Bay Brandon Merriweather
48 Jacksonville Victor Abiamiri
49 Cincinnati Brandon Mebane
50 Tennessee Ikaika Alama-Francis
51 New York Giants Josh Beekman
52 St Louis Lamar Woodley
53 Dallas Manny Ramirez
54 Kansas City Eric Wright
55 Seattle Eric Weddle
56 Denver Doug Free
57 Philadelphia Brian Leonard
58 New Orleans Zach Miller
59 New York Jets Daymeion Hughes
60 Miami (from New England) Michael Griffin
61 Baltimore Josh Wilson
62 San Diego Michael Bush
63 New York Jets (from Chicago) Ryan Harris
64 Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis) Ray McDonald
Old 04-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #268
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Yayy Pats get 2 first round picks.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #269
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
well bitter sweet news for the Gators now... coach stays.. players go. it would've been cool to see a team 3peat but i knew the money would temp the players too much.
Yea I know...but its compltely understandable for the guys to move on...I mean they made some serious history..and besides even if they woulda stayed, Humphrey had to go as he was a senior so at most it would have been just 4 of them back...and IMO, all 5 were EQUALLY important in their roles in winning back-2-back...

And the draft looks good Jets...I sure do hope the Bucs can snag Calvin...
Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #270
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Humphrey had to go as he was a senior so at most it would have been just 4 of them back...and IMO, all 5 were EQUALLY important in their roles in winning back-2-back...
I'm pretty sure if they came back they would still be the favorite to win it again, because 4/5 is pretty good.

I was happy to hear that Donovan decided to stay...I hate it when "big time" programs think they can get whatever they want.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #271
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
I sure do hope the Bucs can snag Calvin...
I think they will...if you look at the teams ahead of them you see their needs are not WR, especially Oakland and Detroit.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #272
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
I'm pretty sure if they came back they would still be the favorite to win it again, because 4/5 is pretty good.

I was happy to hear that Donovan decided to stay...I hate it when "big time" programs think they can get whatever they want.
They probably would be...though that would depend on Oden...and yea, IMO Kentucky is not what it used to be so i'm definately glad he stayed...HUGE rebuilding year coming up so I hope the fans are understanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
I think they will...if you look at the teams ahead of them you see their needs are not WR, especially Oakland and Detroit.
Yea, you're right on that...but those first few pics you just never know...heck if one the QBs slip, Gruden has been talking about maybe getting one them, even though we have like 6 QBs already, b/w Garcia, Plummer (kinda of) Sims, Gradkowski, and a couple others....but I do hope we get Calvin...
Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #273
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Well who knows what Oakland will do with Moss. Are talks over with the Packers? Do they still want to dump him? If so, they could take him.

You may not think Detroit needs a WR, but never, ever assume anything as long as Matt Millen is running things. I would not be surprised at all if we drafted him...and to be honest I wouldn't be mad if we did (assuming Oakland took Russell at #1)

I also just heard on ESPN that Oakland taking Russell may not be a sure thing. They said they might use a 2nd rounder on a QB and take Johnson at #1, because he is just that good.

Only like 3 weeks away...can't wait.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #274
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Well who knows what Oakland will do with Moss. Are talks over with the Packers? Do they still want to dump him? If so, they could take him.
As far as I know, this rumored deal is dead in the water. There have been no talks about it for weeks and if a player like Randy Moss were to be dealt I am very positive it would happen before the draft.

Quote:
You may not think Detroit needs a WR, but never, ever assume anything as long as Matt Millen is running things. I would not be surprised at all if we drafted him...and to be honest I wouldn't be mad if we did (assuming Oakland took Russell at #1)
You are correct, but this year I think the Lions will take another approach. I just have a feeling that the QB needs will be addressed. I do agree with you though..you can't possibly predict what Millen will do (how does the guy still have a job anyway?)

Do you cringe when I say names like Charles Rogers and Mike Williams? (hey at least Roy Williams is performing)

Quote:
I also just heard on ESPN that Oakland taking Russell may not be a sure thing. They said they might use a 2nd rounder on a QB and take Johnson at #1, because he is just that good.
Things like this are what make draft days so much fun and entertaining to watch. You never know who will trade a pick or who will draft a certain player no matter how many "experts" project it.
However I must say that Oakland has no choice but to address the QB position, just like Detroit. If you look at the qbs available in this year's class, once you pass Quinn and Russell you only have a handful of top-rated guys who can be considered a difference-maker (guys like Chris Leak or Drew Stanton). I know that there are always sleepers in these drafts but when you look at sheer talent and stats Russell and Quinn are head and shoulders above everyone else.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #275
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Do you cringe when I say names like Charles Rogers and Mike Williams? (hey at least Roy Williams is performing)
Uucckk, stop, just stop!

I'm not really sold on Quinn...not at all actually and I would really hate him being on "my team". He's too much like Harrington personality wise and I don't think he'll have much better pro career either. I would draft have Russell, Johnson, Peterson, or Thomas before Quinn.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #276
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Uucckk, stop, just stop!
Sorry, didn't mean to bring up any bad memories..but hey who am I kidding the Jets have had a history of making bad draft day decisions.

Quote:
I would draft have Russell, Johnson, Peterson, or Thomas before Quinn.
I don't think Quinn will be a very successful pro either. I do not think he will be a bust, but he certainly will not dominate as some think he will.
I'm not sold on his throwing style, more importantly on his physical stature..these NFL defensive players hit harder and nastier than in college....Quinn will be in for some real pain come crunch time.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #277
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
I don't think Quinn will be a very successful pro either. I do not think he will be a bust, but he certainly will not dominate as some think he will.
I'm not sold on his throwing style, more importantly on his physical stature..these NFL defensive players hit harder and nastier than in college....Quinn will be in for some real pain come crunch time.
A lot of people around here just refer to Brady Quinn as "Joey 2.0" now.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #278
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Joey 2.0..lol

To be honest, I don't think Brady will be even as good as Joey...not that Joey's great or anything, but he can perform...at times...

EDIT: Oh, and MR. Snack..did you catch "24" tonite? He just doesnt catch a break does he...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #279
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Let's talk about FOOTBALL!

Last night was the first round of CL quarter finals with Chelsea coming from behind (a-thank you) to beat Valencia 2-1 in Spain, thereby progressing to the semis where they'll probably play Liverpool. Manchester United played out a thrilling, nail-biting contest which went right to the wire. Man U won the match 7-1 with 6 goals in the last 99 seconds... I couldn't believe it myself. Roma were thoroughly spanked.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #280
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny View Post
thereby progressing to the semis where they'll probably play Liverpool.
They don't have to play Liverpool in semi-finals. Benitez's boys won 3-0 away from home but PSV have a great chance thanks to FIFA new rules. If a player wholly enters the goal with a ball, they count it as three goals scored - as there were in fact three balls in the goal at the same time.

That's why Liverpool actually won the first match as the PSV goalie fell into his own goal and the referee calculated that as three own goals at once.

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote