The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #2381
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He's already made it, mane.
it's like a full-on Geek-dream come true!!!!
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #2382
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior
 
Lordmylar06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
What do you guys think about me moving the "ask the editor" thread to... here?

(not this thread, but this forum)
Yes! I've been bummed about the IDW forums not working. Speaking of which, is there any way to reach out to the regular users of the IDW forum and let them know we still have active comic discussions here as well? I know there's a lot of user crossover already, but the exclusive IDW users are probably itching for some interaction.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #2383
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Volume 12 includes the Free Comic Book Day special, making it a 4 issue trade. TMNT #50 is double length, making Volume 13 a 4 issue trade (essentially).

From Volume 14 on they'll be 5 issues per trade.
Makes sense. I was wondering why the hell there was essentially a comic equivalent of a clip show thrown in.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #2384
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,109
In which issues of the "New Animated Adventures" title did Karai appear. The only one I really remember is #7: "Triple Date Disaster" and her cameo (in partial snake form) at the end of #16.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #2385
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Unless I'm mistaken, that is it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #2386
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, that is it.
Thanks! It's too bad she wasn't more utilized in that series. I always appreciated how the books gave us 2D representations of the 3D character models. That's helpful to me for artistic reference.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #2387
bgb1018
Thug
 
bgb1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 67
Can anyone tell me why it's so difficult to find a copy of issue #10 from volume 2? I've looked everywhere, online and in stores. Is there something special about that issue other than it being the beginning of the DARPA story?

And does anyone have any ideas on where I may be able to find a copy of this issue?

Thanks!
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #2388
Editor's Note Comics
Foot Soldier
 
Editor's Note Comics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
Can anyone tell me why it's so difficult to find a copy of issue #10 from volume 2? I've looked everywhere, online and in stores. Is there something special about that issue other than it being the beginning of the DARPA story?
Nothing major really happens in this issue. It was initially printed 8 months late. My best guess is since this story was rushed and prematurely ended due to low sales, the number of copies that were printed was likely lower.
Editor's Note Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #2389
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
And does anyone have any ideas on where I may be able to find a copy of this issue?

Thanks!
Did you try Mirage?

If they don't have it, I can look around for it. I know I've seen one recently.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #2390
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Did you try Mirage?
Having checked, issue #10 is the ONLY issue from volume 2 that is sold out.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:46 PM   #2391
bgb1018
Thug
 
bgb1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Did you try Mirage?

If they don't have it, I can look around for it. I know I've seen one recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Having checked, issue #10 is the ONLY issue from volume 2 that is sold out.
I've been on mirage and just about every major online comic distributor without any luck. I've been to about 9 comic shops around town as well with each having every issue but this one so I'm running low on options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor's Note Comics View Post
Nothing major really happens in this issue. It was initially printed 8 months late. My best guess is since this story was rushed and prematurely ended due to low sales, the number of copies that were printed was likely lower.
I've heard that the late release played a part in it having less copies but I was holding out to hope that it was just heresay. Thanks for the info though!
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #2392
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Having checked, issue #10 is the ONLY issue from volume 2 that is sold out.
I asked first and then went to look.

Crazy that just about 2 years ago how much more well stocked they were... lol. I got a vol 4 #30 for cover price! Then bought and extra because I needed the #29. Then found a #29 by itself. Ended up keeping both copies of both issues because I went to Shellback and the guys all signed both copies of each and sketched on the last page. I just couldn't decide which ones were cooler. Lol
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #2393
eastlos217
Hench Mutant
 
eastlos217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 267
question...I know there was a TOY CHECKLIST on here somewhere with pictures but I cannot find it. can anyone help out?
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #2394
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 115
Is a preview for deviations coming out?
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #2395
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 707
Guys, a question about the tales of the TMNT published by IDW, what's the difference between "Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" and "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Each title collects issues of the first and second volumen of tales in a special order? One is in color, the other one in black and white or what? Cheers
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:33 AM   #2396
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant
 
Chabrendeki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Guys, a question about the tales of the TMNT published by IDW, what's the difference between "Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" and "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Each title collects issues of the first and second volumen of tales in a special order? One is in color, the other one in black and white or what? Cheers
"Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" is a collection published by Mirage. It's in B&W, and it's thematically collected (Don-centered issues, Leo's blindness issues, etc.)
"Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is published by IDW. It's colored and collects (hopefully) all issues chronologically.
__________________
Chabrendeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #2397
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
"Tales of the TMNT: The Collected Books" is a collection published by Mirage. It's in B&W, and it's thematically collected (Don-centered issues, Leo's blindness issues, etc.)
"Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is published by IDW. It's colored and collects (hopefully) all issues chronologically.
Cool, man! Thank you.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 AM   #2398
Nerdatello
Thug
 
Nerdatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 56
I was at the event held at the Wayne Center for the Arts back in '07, where I got a copy of Tales of the TMNT #32 with the exclusive cover, and Ryan Brown signed the inside cover. I then bagged and boarded it, and almost forgot about it until I saw the Turtle Power documentary and saw the comic in the background of one of the interviews and thought, hey, I have that comic! I dug it out of my longbox, and found that Ryan Brown's signature had actually bled through the cover enough to make it noticeable on the front cover. Does anyone know how much that will affect the grade of this comic? Other than that, it is in pretty NM condition, but I didn't know, since it's a creator's signature, if it would downgrade the comic a lot or not.




Thanks!
Nerdatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #2399
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdatello View Post
I was at the event held at the Wayne Center for the Arts back in '07, where I got a copy of Tales of the TMNT #32 with the exclusive cover, and Ryan Brown signed the inside cover. I then bagged and boarded it, and almost forgot about it until I saw the Turtle Power documentary and saw the comic in the background of one of the interviews and thought, hey, I have that comic! I dug it out of my longbox, and found that Ryan Brown's signature had actually bled through the cover enough to make it noticeable on the front cover. Does anyone know how much that will affect the grade of this comic? Other than that, it is in pretty NM condition, but I didn't know, since it's a creator's signature, if it would downgrade the comic a lot or not.

http://i.imgur.com/nF0kmBc.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/mpDA1ds.jpg?1

Thanks!
Signatures usually add to the value but i'd be torn here because of where he signed it...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #2400
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist
 
TheMasterTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdatello View Post
I was at the event held at the Wayne Center for the Arts back in '07, where I got a copy of Tales of the TMNT #32 with the exclusive cover, and Ryan Brown signed the inside cover. I then bagged and boarded it, and almost forgot about it until I saw the Turtle Power documentary and saw the comic in the background of one of the interviews and thought, hey, I have that comic! I dug it out of my longbox, and found that Ryan Brown's signature had actually bled through the cover enough to make it noticeable on the front cover. Does anyone know how much that will affect the grade of this comic? Other than that, it is in pretty NM condition, but I didn't know, since it's a creator's signature, if it would downgrade the comic a lot or not.

http://i.imgur.com/nF0kmBc.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/mpDA1ds.jpg?1

Thanks!
Certainly depends on preference. The last copies sold for $225 and it's nearly impossible to obtain Browns autograph anymore so it may hold the value or increase he value even. For others the fact that it's signed at all may deter them from even being interested. I personally would like mine signed and think in his case the value wouldn't be affected but others may have a different opinion.
__________________


Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.