The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-30-2020, 01:35 AM   #61
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I meant the horse could have returned after things calmed down. After the explosion the gunfight was mostly underground. I don’t really picture it running off into the distance.

Did you want Rambo to die? Is that how you prefer to view it? That he bled out and riding the horse was just a metaphor?

Anyway I think you’re right about the girl that helped her. I think I also found it weird because she seemed to go out of her way just to lure to Mexico but I can see it happening.

Saying she was blackmailed still would have been a good explanation and why Rambo let her go. She even mentions people knew her. That could go along for why she didn’t want to go back and point them out.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:58 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I meant the horse could have returned after things calmed down. After the explosion the gunfight was mostly underground. I don’t really picture it running off into the distance.
No, no. He shooed the horses away... then the mega gunfight in the corridors and THEN Rambo blew up the whole underground network which caused like an actual earthquake. Those horses would be hightailing it unless they were tied up, and we know that they weren't.

Quote:
Did you want Rambo to die? Is that how you prefer to view it? That he bled out and riding the horse was just a metaphor?
Personally? Not really. I just think that's what Stallone was going for. Trying to be artsy in a kind of.... ham-fisted way complete with an out if he changes his mind later. Which I think is a cop-out.

Quote:
Saying she was blackmailed still would have been a good explanation and why Rambo let her go. She even mentions people knew her. That could go along for why she didn’t want to go back and point them out.
Yeah... *sigh*... there might even be deleted scenes with that character, the lurer. Some backstory that was deleted. The cartel having something hanging over her would help explain why Rambo spares her. Because sh**, if she did this to Gabrielle, who knows how many other girls she fed to the cartel similarly? For all we know, half the girls in that hallway were brought by her.

I think Stallone wanted to go gung ho on her (as in blow her away, because there is all kinds of stories about people like her everyday in Mexico and some European countries), but he determined that... eh... probably most audiences wouldn't get it and it'd just read as racism or something in 2019.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:41 AM   #63
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh ya I mixed up when the explosion happened. Well I thought the horse returning was plausible but I guess they could have done that differently. Maybe have a bomb squad or firefighters show up investigating the blast.

So you just wanted him to give a definitive end either way? Die or survive unharmed?

I’m ok with the ending. If there’s no more I’m fine thinking he got to the hospital riding his expertly trained horse that waited outside the ranch

I only saw it on amazon so there could be deleted scenes on the discs that show her.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:13 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Oh ya I mixed up when the explosion happened. Well I thought the horse returning was plausible but I guess they could have done that differently. Maybe have a bomb squad or firefighters show up investigating the blast.
Maybe. As is, he shooed the horses away firmly... then blew up his whole property. If there was any chance of them coming back, that was gone at that point. Maaaaaybe in a day or so. Certainly not within the same hour.

Quote:
So you just wanted him to give a definitive end either way? Die or survive unharmed?
I kind of just wanted him to die -- definitively -- and things to come full circle. Maybe even have had Brian Dennehy attend his funeral and pay respects.

Quote:
I?m ok with the ending. If there?s no more I?m fine thinking he got to the hospital riding his expertly trained horse that waited outside the ranch
Even if that part was intended to be absolutely real and no Ghost Rambo on imaginary horse... I don't think he was headed to the hospital.

Also... sh**... I just realized there is an Extended cut! It's on Amazon. Apparently even on Blu-Ray, and has been for a couple of months now. I had no idea!

Just watched it on Amazon Prime. It's way better! The beginning with an all-new 10 minute sequence with him saving people from a flood (which I guess was embellished based on a true story from the writer) adds a lot. We get a lot more PTSD stuff, more background/depth to the cartel brothers, too.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:22 AM   #65
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya I read about the extended footage in the beginning.

Youre right about the hospital. He probably would not go there since he would have to give an explanation. I do not think he would let himself pass away without trying to get medical help though.

I saw the clip on YouTube again. He says during the narration that he will fight the keep the memory of his loved ones alive...then the montage...and him riding off on the horse. Its a decent ending imo.

Like he wants carry on in their honor. So everything was not for nothing.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:26 AM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If some (old, at this point) rumors are to be believed -- and I don't want to humor them because like most things it could turn out to be FAKE -- Rambo will ride to a Native American reservation. And he'll take his truly last stand there. Presumably they'd tend to his wounds.

Rambo is largely Native American, at least in the book that spawned the movies.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:41 AM   #67
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh. I have not read any of those rumors.

I checked out what Stallone said about the last scene. Like you said he left it open ended on purpose but I guess feels he did actually die.

Well Im still glad he left it up to the audience. Not that hes literally invincible but it would seem out of place if he actually died on screen having survived everything else in the previous movies. To me anyway.