The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 06-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #101
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Never said that Cruz would agree to it. Just saying that is what his camp is floating around as the "best interest" pick. Only if CyloncsKlingonsDaleksOhMy agrees to be Donald Trump's running mate would I vote for Donald Trump anyway.
I'd only agree to be his running mate so that I could get close enough to punch him in his smug face.

Then he would of course sue me; I'd explain the punch was motivated by winning a bet with my friends; we'd laugh and go out for drinks and a nice steak dinner; he'd ogle the waitresses and I'd ogle his fat wallet. I'd offer to pay for the meal; he'd laugh and insist on covering the check and a huge tip besides. I'd sneak a couple of after dinner mints. We'd bond and become best of friends.

Then I'd punch him again and compare his orange hair to a diabetic Tribble.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #102
CyberCubed
Overlord

Texas nationalists discuss "Tex-it" as a response to Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-eu-referendum

This will never happen, but I think they don't realize what a third world country actually is.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:20 AM   #103
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Texas nationalists discuss "Tex-it" as a response to Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-eu-referendum

This will never happen, but I think they don't realize what a third world country actually is.
Gah. Easy for you to say it'll never happen... if it does, you're not affected.

Me? I do not want to move to California. Cost of living is enough to give Donald Trump's cat hemorrhoids.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its funny how some people don't realize what being an independent country actually is. That means you receive no financial support from the rest of the U.S. Importing goods or services from the U.S. till be taxed, you'll have to get a green card or passport to go into the U.S., you have to produce your own food/shelter/electricity/water, etc. Granted Texas is a big enough state to do some of this.

But it'll never happen. A state leaving is basically an act of war. The entire U.S. military would crack down on the politicians and whatever few people are stupid enough to pick up a musket.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Its funny how some people don't realize what being an independent country actually is. That means you receive no financial support from the rest of the U.S. Importing goods or services from the U.S. till be taxed, you'll have to get a green card or passport to go into the U.S., you have to produce your own food/shelter/electricity/water, etc. Granted Texas is a big enough state to do some of this.

But it'll never happen. A state leaving is basically an act of war. The entire U.S. military would crack down on the politicians and whatever few people are stupid enough to pick up a musket.
I don't know that secession is necessarily an act of war. More like a pouty child running down the street, claiming to run away.

Besides, if Texas runs away, we'll obviously clamp down on border security--and then our economy goes to hell, but illegal aliens make up some pretty hefty numbers in our minimum-wage jobs. Restaurant kitchens and construction? No more Happy Meals or new houses.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #106
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not to mention, goodbye to all the highway construction that's been underway for a decade.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #107
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Not to mention, goodbye to all the highway construction that's been underway for a decade.
Well, that crap was never going to be finished anyway.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #108
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's even worse ! There's stuff in my zone of the DFW metroplex just starting to go up...right next to downtown Ft. Worth, where the construction has turned traffic into a hellish bottleneck. It would be awful if it had to stay like that should construction budget collapse.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #109
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
That's even worse ! There's stuff in my zone of the DFW metroplex just starting to go up...right next to downtown Ft. Worth, where the construction has turned traffic into a hellish bottleneck. It would be awful if it had to stay like that should construction budget collapse.
I've never seen a highway project finish in the same decade it began.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. But not by much.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #110
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've probably spent most of my life watching Highway 180 get built up on Boulevard 26. Spent most of my life going on and off it as well.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord

"Which way did he go, George? Which way did he go?"
Old 06-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #112
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/7a4wwsz.gif

"Which way did he go, George? Which way did he go?"
STAHPIT.

It's bad enough living down here without you stirring up my fear of secession.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:42 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord

Apparently UK racists think Brexit meant all non-whites were supposed to be deported from england:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...land-and-wales
Old 06-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #114
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I know... it really is one of the saddest parts of the result, that racists and bigots think they have carte blanche to abuse anyone...
Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #115
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Polish people are non-white???

The race issues in Great Britain-especially in England, are a bit different than they are in the US. ANYONE who isn't born and bred British is bound to be alienated, even if they're white. Which includes Polish, who are still sort of the immigration punching bag of Europe to this day. Which is why my family has a Polish friend who was brought to the US by his mother.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #116
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
The video is a whole mass of assumptions and cherry picked arguments, much in the same way the Remain camp was as well. Neither campaign was brilliant. For many things, we JUST DON'T KNOW, as they have to be negotiated now following the vote to Leave.

Thank you for the reply Mayhem. I appreciate hearing different sides on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Everyone goes after Trump on this thread but what about Hillary? Honestly she's probably even worse, she may be experienced but she's so god damn corrupt and evil with her use of power. I'm really hoping for an independent for president, preferably Jill Stien, although Johnson is better than both Trump and Clinton.
Don't worry Ninturtle, Anonymous has heard you :

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 06-27-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #117
CyberCubed
Overlord

You can find something bad about every politician. It doesn't matter as long as it doesn't affect your daily life.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #118
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You can find something bad about every politician. It doesn't matter as long as it doesn't affect your daily life.
Personal morality with domestic life is one thing, but "bad" in terms of job corruption is a whole other thing. Since politicians are (supposed to be) working for the people, doesn't their corruption (which affects public policies and agreements) eventually end up trickling down to affect the lives of individual people?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:36 AM   #119
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
The race issues in Great Britain-especially in England, are a bit different than they are in the US. ANYONE who isn't born and bred British is bound to be alienated, even if they're white. Which includes Polish, who are still sort of the immigration punching bag of Europe to this day. Which is why my family has a Polish friend who was brought to the US by his mother.
The problem has come with people thinking "different accent" = foreign, even if the person is actually British (either born here, or has a British passport). Even Welsh and Irish people have been abused verbally. We have a French guy on our dev team, but he's been living in the UK so long, he applied for a British passport many moons ago. God knows what the xenophobes would make of him.

Probably the saddest report I've seen is two girls (one white, one black) abusing a Muslim girl verbally, and when she complains of racism, the black girl says "take a look at me, how can I be racist?!" The mind boggles
Old 06-27-2016, 03:03 AM   #120
Commenter 42
Banned

There's something deeply troubling about Clinton. It feels sooo forced, like this giant chess game that's been mapped out in advance, with Trump playing the bad guy, in a really, really bad movie.

We've had less than honest politicians before, but the medias blanket endorsement of Clinton, from Disney to CNN to HBO, the WP, WS, NYT, on and on...

Bernie still in the race, but you'd never know it.

She's essentially Cersi, just without the charisma.

Reminds me of Gore v Bush...
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote