The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #281
snake
Disgusting

Soul-less is exactly how I'd describe the animation in this. It looks nice, but the motion has that cheap flash-fluidity to it. Ew.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #282
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Watched the trailer... Well, I can't say I'm chomping at the bit and not one I feel eager to see immediately, but it at least looks like a fun little one-off thing and a likely buy. And pretty cool that such a thing has been made.

Glad to see Leo's VA did play it a bit older as hoped (as compared to the summer short) and gotta say it sounds like a pretty good fit for him.

Raph however...a tiny amount jarring initially with a voice noticeably a little higher than the comparatively deeper tones we've been hearing for years in various iterations.

Not in love with the designs, they're okay, but I think it's mostly that compared to the amount of detail of the human's faces, at least some of them, the Turtles faces look strangely flat/simple. (And, side note, dear god, can we stop with the Turtle cankles? lol And not just here.)

Eh, but looks cool for just a random fun thing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #283
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Man, I'm REALLY digging this. I've only read a few issues of the comics, but I liked what I saw. At first, I wasn't as huge into the weird Jay Leno chin thing that Raphael had going on and I thought Donatello's head was a little too small, but seeing everything in motion really sold me. Along with what Andrew said in an earlier thread, I'm hoping that shot of him with Penguin is just an angle shot and that he doesn't really tower over the Penguin like that. They really should be just a little taller than him if not almost the same height, in my opinion. Seems to be in scale with Batman in certain shots and I'm getting REAL sick of Hollywood's "Well gee ... how do we show that Raphael's got an anger problem?!? Derr, well he's all big and buff. Derp derp derp." thought process.

LOOKING AT YOU ****** BAY FILMS AND RISE OF THE TMNT

Overall, the trailer shots look great and I think the voice acting really fits everyone nicely.

All in all, this is the most hyped I've been for anything TMNT animation wise since the 4Kids series.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 03-12-2019 at 08:13 PM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 AM   #284
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

One of the Penguin's Goon looks like a android body of Krang:

Spoiler:

And the letters on the belts at Donatello and Michelangelo:
Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #285
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Oh nice touch! And nice find AlZarkovski
I wonder if there will be other stuff like this.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:18 AM   #286
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm hoping this movie goes on sale around Easter, because it sure has a lot of "easter eggs!"

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #287
newfan
Mad Scientist

I looked for a pre-order but couldn't find it on Amazon.
Btw, do people think this is likely a PG13 like some of the other DC animated movies?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #288
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Btw, do people think this is likely a PG13 like some of the other DC animated movies?
If it is and this movie follows DC direct-to-video precedent, I guess we should expect somebody to be callously beheaded or lose a limb at some point just to justify that PG13. Because... "edgy!"

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #289
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post

Yes he wears the same sunglasses that krang robot body wears but he dont wears red underwear and he is not very tall and fat like the robot.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #290
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Yes he wears the same sunglasses that krang robot body wears but he dont wears red underwear and he is not very tall and fat like the robot.
How do you know what his underpants are like?
Just meant to resemble a little. Less he's hiding krang in his human sized body all along but I doubt it
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #291
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

As excited as I am for this film, I'm gonna be honest, that trailer sort of left me....mixed, if not slightly underwhelmed. I'm not digging the designs for the turtles, especially how blocky Raph looks and how stretched out Don is. They're not by any means terrible but it seems like they're doing a little too much differentiating between them.

The voices for the turtles sound similar to the 2k3 series which I like but they sound a bit lacking. I like Leo (minus the "Aww, come on!" line) and Don's voices, Raph's is a bit off to me, and the delivery of Mike's surfer accent sounds fake. Troy Baker as Batman sounds very wooden in this compared to the Telltale games.

The designs for Shredder and the Foot is where I'm a little more annoyed at. You can see the FW touches on them with the color schemes and I feel that it sort of hinders the designs. Why not just use the designs from the actual crossover comics? And Baxter Fly.......why?! Not only do I dislike the version of the character but the design just looks so terrible.

I don't want to sound ungrateful as this is the first time we're getting an animated turtles film in line of other comic book animated films. But I can't help but shake off the feeling that they're trying to appeal to those that only know the turtles on a surface level. Like it's mainly a Batman wank film but for those that like the turtles to some extent. I want an animated TMNT film just as much as the next person but at the expense of DC trying to make Batman seem like the superior product? That's not quite what I had in mind. I'll definitely watch this though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #292
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post

Hah, good eye. I'd noticed Donnie's belt, but not noticing any others I figured it's just convenient and unintended that a regular buckle looks like a letter "D."
Old 03-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #293
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It is, the trailer says at much at the end when it shows the cover. ("For Fantasy Violence.")
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:15 AM   #294
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

At the 20 second mark, it looks like Leo is carrying his katana together at the hip samurai style rather than the usual on the back design.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #295
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
At the 20 second mark, it looks like Leo is carrying his katana together at the hip samurai style rather than the usual on the back design.
Pretty sure it'll be that way throughout the movie, his swords are on his side in every shot of the 1st 35 sec

W/ all of the tmnt/batman comics and now this movie, i cant help but wonder if all of this is testing ground for mixing tmnt into the dc universe live action movies.

Last edited by Ashwolf; 03-13-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #296
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
W/ all of the tmnt/batman comics and now this movie, i cant help but wonder if all of this is testing ground for mixing tmnt into the dc universe live action movies.
Normally, I'd say this sounds crazy...

But they do often use these animated films as testing grounds for big features. Interesting thought.

It just sounds like way too wild and convoluted a thing to bring to the big screen. I can't imagine it ever happening. Sure would be awesome though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #297
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Noticed that about his swords, too. Different, but don't mind it.

I mean, realistically speaking, he's always kind of defied logic by being so good at resheathing his swords behind his back anyhow, and with the added difficulty of having a shell. (I know, I know, it's just a cartoon, but still! lol)

I've wondered too about the thing with DC. I dunno if it's testing, per se, but it's certainly building a little bit of a relationship there, so who knows what might be someday. Would be interesting if they eventually got the rights to do TMNT films for the big screen, or include them in other projects.

I kind of love that while the Turtles have always just been there own thing, they're also totally capable of visiting and making friends in other properties. And come on, who wouldn't want those lovable, butt kicking brothers to come hang out? (edit: Though I've also kind of wondered if they'll end up belonging to DC someday... but would rather they just stuck to being visitors.)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #298
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
The only thing BATMAN/TMNT would be testing the water for is BATMAN/TMNT II.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #299
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Donnie has seen some things.

Also: Mikey... good... Come on, Leo, smile... okay, erm, maybe dial it back a touch. Raph... smi-- yeah never mind, not gonna happen.

Hmm, and just realized that the cover portrays Batman in his regular modern suit color palette.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #300
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, it's because they figure he can show more emotion with no mouth and exposed eyes. I hate when they do that, though... it makes him look foolish, and like an actual luchador. The big lenses give him a bigger sense of horror, as you don't know what he's thinking.

This is how he should look:

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/bane.jpg
I agree. I absolutely hate Bane with an exposed mouth. It always looks dumb. Outside of the showmanship of wrestling, Luchamask don't look good. Totally out of place for a character like Bane. I think it was Batman TAS that did the luchador Bane mask thing. I remember reading on a forum years ago, that Bane's mask was never intended to be a luchador mask. The shape is of a symbol for something that has some meaning that I long sense forgot. I wish I saved what I read so I could remember it. While I'm not going to claim that I know that to be true, it made sense to me.

As for this. It looks okay I guess. It does seem a little too villain heavy. I wish that they only stuck with Shredder and Ra's Al Ghul.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote