The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Been putting some time into Skyrim VR lately. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before. Dear Lord this game is massive...
Man I would totally lose myself in VR Skyrim
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've been waiting for a true fighting VR game. Imagine, like, Tekken VR or something.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #23
sdp
-

Krutch nails it, VR is an experience and if you've only tried it for a little bit or cellphone VR it is not the same and leads to the "traditional" gamers saying it's a gimmick.

VR is more than gaming and all around awesome, can't wait to see where the tech is in 10 years from now.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Cellphone VR is still pretty freakin' cool, I think.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:59 AM   #25
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've been waiting for a true fighting VR game. Imagine, like, Tekken VR or something.
After playing Bloody Zombies, I'm game to try out anything thats side-scrolling in VR. It's such a difference maker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
VR is more than gaming and all around awesome, can't wait to see where the tech is in 10 years from now.
That's the exciting part. Getting into VR now is like seeing the first real steps of the technology. They're still toying around with what works, what doesn't, and making innovations all the time. I'm loving the journey. And yeah, beyong makingt the resolution better, it's crazy to think about what could be in another decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Cellphone VR is still pretty freakin' cool, I think.
It is, but it's still night and day to an actual VR system.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:58 AM   #26
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Tekken 7's VR mode was trash so I hope they don't decide to do it like that one again.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #27
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

That was marely a mode at all. That was actually insulting to include it at all.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

VR is no longer required to play Star Trek Bridge Crew, Ubisoft just released a patch, that will allow people who don't have a VR Headset to play the game without one on the PS4 and PC.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/26/...r-requires-vr/
Old 12-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #29
sdp
-

I got an oculus quest recently and the tech has evolved so much it's amazing. Even though it's on par with the rift I used like 2 years ago, it's now completely wireless, easy as hell to set up and begin using and the QOL improvements are just outstanding.

It's already selling a ton and either the second or third generation quest (depending on how many leaps they make with each generation), is going to be the one that breaks VR into the mainstream.

Anyone else besides Krutch/Andrew also enjoying VR? It's been 2 years since this topic started so a lot has changed, back then when I wanted to try VR I had to set up stuff and cables everywhere, now I just put the headset on and don't worry about the rest
Old 10-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #30
sdp
-

Oculus Quest 2 comes out tomorrow, cheaper pricing, wireless, no PC needed (but can use a PC), more powerful, tons of new games coming out, tons of games already out.
Mine already shipped, VR keeps getting better and better, hopefully more dromers jump on VR.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Air Link allows the Oculus Quest to connect to PC to play full VR wirelessly, Resident Evil 4 getting remade for VR coming out this year, new Jurassic World game, star wars games etc. Can PSVR2 even compete with their tethered outdated solution? I only envy their halo strap. Social apps the most popular, VR will be mainstream in by the end of the decade.

Last edited by sdp; 12-26-2023 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:41 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Got a PSVR2 for Christmas. Right off the bat, though... what the hell? The PS5 has ONE USBC slot, located in the front and that's it. And if you have an external drive for your PS5 (which of course you would because these games take tons of room and it's nice to have more than 4 installed at a time), you HAVE to have it plugged into the USBC slot. So where the f*** am I supposed to plug the PSVR2 into?

I tried USBC => USB adapters but the hard drive won't work with anything but the USBC port because none of the USB slots are fast enough. I tried the USBC => USB adapter for the PSVR2, but the PS5 says, "Please connect the PSVR2 directly to the USB." Which doesn't even make sense. The PSV2 doesn't HAVE a USB connection, it has a USBC connection. The only possible way to plug it into a USB slot would BE to use an adapter, which I did and that's the message I got.

So I guess you have to choose, external drive or play PSVR2. Pick 1. What a stupid, stupid design. Sony knows they only put one USBC slot on the PS5 but they pushed this out anyway. They should have just made the PSVR2 USB-based. There's no way there's THAT much data flying into the PS5 from it.
Old 12-26-2023, 05:03 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I have a portable SSD plugged on the back and its working fine, Most of the PS4 games are on it.
Old 12-26-2023, 05:19 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I have a portable SSD plugged on the back and its working fine, Most of the PS4 games are on it.
I wouldn't mind a hard drive just dedicated to PS4 games. But I'm guessing your SSD in the back will NOT work with PS5 games, yes? Mine in the front connected to the USBC does.
Old 12-26-2023, 06:10 PM   #34
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a hard drive just dedicated to PS4 games. But I'm guessing your SSD in the back will NOT work with PS5 games, yes? Mine in the front connected to the USBC does.
You can store PS5 games on an external drive, But you can not play directly from them, You would have to move then over to the internal storage, PS5 games require the internal storage because its much faster storage then an external, PS4 games will run on an external, Be it an HDD or SSD, But I recommend a portable SSD for faster load times.

I have one of those portable Seagate 1tb SSDs.

The PS5 supports installing an NVME SSD on the bottom, Its as fast as the internal storage, and its used to install PS5 games on it.

So if you run out of space on the internal, get an NVME SSD for extra storage capacity.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 12-26-2023 at 06:46 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 07:01 PM   #35
sdp
-

I got a Quest 3 when it released, so far so good, a very nice upgrade and love the AR/MR features. I got Asgaard's wrath 2, that game is a system seller if people give VR a chance.

Quote:
They should have just made the PSVR2 USB-based. There's no way there's THAT much data flying into the PS5 from it.
it's the PS5 that's doing all the processing power so I'm guessing it's indeed necessary for it to be USB C.

By adapter do you mean a USBc Hub? because if not that might be the solution to have more than one USB c slot for your PS5. I actually haven't heard of this problem before I think I would've heard about it so I'm sure there's a more logical solution. Seems like a silly mistake for Sony to make but sometimes things like this happen.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:28 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Apparently a USBC hub wouldn't work because of diminished speed capacity. Whatever. I'm over it now. Yes, unplug the external SSD unless I want a slower one that plugs into the back in USB only. Gaahhh!

On the plus side, I did get to try Creed on PSVR2. Holy God. This is game changing. I played the original version on PSVR1 and this is like night and day. I just spent 2 hours sweating into my headset knocking out random people (I think they were small children, to be fair, since many were playing as Drago and seemed shorter than me) and it was amazingly fun. If you have space in your living room, the PSVR2 maps out your living room and shows you where you can go and not go. And it isn't beholden to a camera on top of the TV, the cameras are on your headset so you can whip around 360 like.
Old 03-19-2024, 12:08 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.darkhorizons.com/sony-pa...r2-production/

Great. As all the posters there say, just come out with more quality games for it. There isn't anything for it. If you browse the PSVR2 library there is like nothing there that isn't just cheap nothing games.

I've had it since Christmas as a present but beyond playing the updated Creed game (which IS intense) there just isn't anything much else for it. A Walking Dead Saints & Sinners sequel, I guess.