The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #101
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

My wallet needs therapy right now. It's getting depressed lol.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #102
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Kind of cool, but perhaps redundant for those who have the 1/4 figures. Generally speaking, there are now so many incarnations of the TMNT that getting another set of the 4 turtles is anticlimactic.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #103
Powder
So tired of this place

Great news for those of us who held out for these & were constantly fear-mongered by other collectors that it would never happen, & to buy, buy, buy the big ones before it's too late.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #104
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Kind of cool, but perhaps redundant for those who have the 1/4 figures. Generally speaking, there are now so many incarnations of the TMNT that getting another set of the 4 turtles is anticlimactic.
Indeed!

After such a long time of waiting and those stupid teases this is it? Yet another form of the four brothers. It's the same thing but only smaller. It's very dissapointing because I own the 1:4 Turtles and I prefer those over smaller versions. They are much more imposing and true eyecatchers when I step in the room.

I don't know man, this way it's just an endless story with the Turtles and it's only about milking the collectors to get more money. For this, they ain't getting it from me anymore. Also odd they do both scales at the same time...

Why can't they focus on 1:4 Shredder, Splinter and Casey and release those soon instead of that useless accessory set and ooze canister and this crap.

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 05-23-2018 at 04:02 PM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #105
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Cool, since I like that size figure best. Probably sell the giant ones then. Hopefully there’s a Shredder or undercover Raph in there.
I don’t mind if they keep releasing different box sets of the turtle boys, but let’s get past all the old skool stuff and release some different styles! Namely IDW or 2k3 figures

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #106
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

We haven’t seen inside the box yet or have all the details. It still could be “game changing.”
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #107
cloud
Stone Warrior

I'll still try to get myself a set but part of me is less thrilled than I should be. Probably knowing we've already got smaller scale movie turtles from Playmates and NECA released the fabulous 1/4 scale figures that cannot be topped with. I know some people have asked for 7inch scale but it just doesn't do it for me knowing how much better then 1/4 figures were.

That being said, we might still get some surprises.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #108
Dizmone
Thug

Another SDCC 8-pack set would be sweet. That would leave potential for four other '90 figures (Shredder, Foot, Casey, April).
Dizmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #109
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I don't know man, this way it's just an endless story with the Turtles and it's only about milking the collectors to get more money.
Imagine that, a toy company making toys for the purpose of selling them to toy collectors... Wow. Horrible.

Quote:
It's very dissapointing because I own the 1:4 Turtles and I prefer those over smaller versions.
Rather than be disappointed, be glad your wallet can catch its breath while you wait for those large villain figures.

Quote:
Also odd they do both scales at the same time...
Nothing odd about it. They're offering two different options, so that people who have tighter budgets or smaller scale preferences can still get in on the action.

Quote:
Why can't they focus on 1:4 Shredder, Splinter and Casey and release those soon instead of that useless accessory set and ooze canister and this crap.
Who's to say they aren't focusing on them? They've been in development for some time now. They also just lost their main TMNT sculptor, so perhaps this is what makes the most sense for them economically/scheduling-wise. Don't be so entitled, man. Just because those props are "useless" to to you doesn't mean they aren't nice items that other
collectors are happy to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
I don’t mind if they keep releasing different box sets of the turtle boys, but let’s get past all the old skool stuff and release some different styles! Namely IDW or 2k3 figures
I'd love to see some IDW figures from them, in the style of various artists. But unfortunately NECA has made it clear they're only interested in the nostalgia market.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #110
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Imagine that, a toy company making toys for the purpose of selling them to toy collectors... Wow. Horrible.

Rather than be disappointed, be glad your wallet can catch its breath while you wait for those large villain figures.

Nothing odd about it. They're offering two different options, so that people who have tighter budgets or smaller scale preferences can still get in on the action.

Who's to say they aren't focusing on them? They've been in development for some time now. They also just lost their main TMNT sculptor, so perhaps this is what makes the most sense for them economically/scheduling-wise. Don't be so entitled, man. Just because those props are "useless" to to you doesn't mean they aren't nice items that other
collectors are happy to have.

I'd love to see some IDW figures from them, in the style of various artists. But unfortunately NECA has made it clear they're only interested in the nostalgia market.

O, it has nothing to do with money. If I want I can scalp these things. Don't let me laugh, serving people with smaller budgets?! Like you said yourself; they are only offering these because they can earn twice as much then. However, I'm seeing it as a disservice to the people who bought the bigger and more expensive figures.

I'm assuming it. Remember when Don came out? They only produced 3 figures more since then. They should have included the Trenchcoat, Hat and Baseball bat with Raph right off the start. And the spinning Nunchuck hand with Mike. And they haven't even sculpted a band aid on baby Raph's cheek in contrast with the promo pics. Instead of that they come with a stupid sticker. How cheap is that?! Especially after such a long time, I expected much more.

Shredder around Christmas? Pfff, I don't want to wait that long and be pleased with some cheap sops. If they released Shredder sooner they could have released Splinter/Casey around Christmas 2018 to keep the line more vital and to please the 1:4 scale buyers. The departure of Trevor is no excuse for such a big company and I think he is replaceable.

But you know due to this, I'm done with collecting for now. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 05-24-2018 at 03:01 AM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #111
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:

But you know, I'm done with collecting like this. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.
Why are you here?
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #112
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Cool, since I like that size figure best. Probably sell the giant ones then. Hopefully there’s a Shredder or undercover Raph in there.
Are you kidding? I say you should do what I'm planning to do. Leave the 1/4 scale versions on display as a centerpiece and then keep the little 7" ones off to the side to mess around with.

Only thing I'm curious about is how big these are going to be. Will they be closer to 7" tall since most of the actors that wore the Henson suits were around 5'7" to 5'9" or will they scale to closer to 5 1/2" tall like other past turtle figures?
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #113
Since 1984
Random Punk

I’m pretty sure the actual figures are on the “vhs” box.
Since 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:42 PM   #114
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Disappointing. Not only yet another set of the four turtles, it's ones that have already been done, just shrunk down.

Gives us playsets, vehicles, April, Splinter, etc... At least quarter scale should get a little expansion, and the dimension x set will probably get the cartoon treatment at some point.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:36 AM   #115
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I'm very excited about these. I absolutely loved the sculpts on the 1/4 figures, but don't really have the space to display them and couldn't justify spending that kind of money. I hope I can manage to grab a set, it wasn't easy last year with the toon box set.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:27 AM   #116
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Also odd they do both scales at the same time...
No odder then that they made a 1/10 Keaton Batman and a 1/4 Keaton Batman, or Adam West Batman, or Ledger Joker, or Bale Batman, or Reeves Superman, or Arkham Harley Quinn, or Predator, or Kratos, or Freddy Krueger...

Quote:
They are working on Shredder and Foot Ninja. NECA takes their time with 1/4 figures, cause they have more then just Turtles in that line-up, just look at the non-MCU Marvel line, it started in 2016 with Deadpool and the other figure is Daredevil and then there's a X-Force and Ultimate variant of Deadpool.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 AM   #117
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Disappointing. Not only yet another set of the four turtles, it's ones that have already been done, just shrunk down.
This is pretty much how I feel. This doesn't do much for me. And it certainly isn't "game-changing" and "jaw-dropping." That kind of hyperbole, especially when talking about plastic toys, is pretty annoying.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #118
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But you know due to this, I'm done with collecting for now. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.
See ya.

I for one am stoked about this release. I love that they went with the VHS cover for the packaging over the movie poster, which is cool and all, but I have stronger attachment to that video cassette.

I don't begrudge buying the 1:4 scale ones at all, and am still crossing my fingers that they can do Casey (and do him well) in that scale.

I'll be chasing two of these, and if the past is anything to go by, they shouldn't be hard to get directly from NECA. Even all the way down here in Australia.

I've been waiting for these ever since being disappointed by the Movie Star figures back in '92 or whatever it was. (Just sold them recently, actually.) I actually had the thought "I can stop collecting now" when I saw the news this morning. (Not really, how do you quit on 30 years of collecting?)
Old 05-24-2018, 06:17 AM   #119
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I wonder if the diorama may be a replica of the street and building where the Turtles fought shredder? That would be pretty awesome, along with Shredder and Splinter.

I'm loving all NECA's TMNT work, but I'm just disappointed being a UK fan that we basically have to go to scalpers to get hold of these things. Even online ordering, you have to have a US address for that.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:21 AM   #120
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I don't think smaller henson turtles is the game changing surprise. I expect that to come later. I don't think that would be the first time we got multiple teases.

I bought the 1/4 figures. I don't feel ripped off that they are now releasing smaller figures. I've been hoping for it. I love my 1/4 figures, but they are the only figures I own that size. It will be nice to have figures that work with the rest of my collection, and their props.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote