The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate ROTTMNT debut?
5/5 stars. I love it! A bold new take on tmnt. 8 13.11%
4/5 stars. I like it. I want to see more. 13 21.31%
3/5 stars. It’s okay. Enjoyable. 17 27.87%
2/5 stars. Not really my cup of tea. Could be better. 13 21.31%
1/5 stars. I dislike it. 10 16.39%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #1
Shark_Blade
Emperor

How would you rate ROTTMNT debut?

Step right up and post your thoughts.

Since some of us can watch up to 5 episodes now, feel free to talk about all of those debut episodes.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 07-24-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #2
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I'm between a 3 and a 4, so...3.5/5? Anyway, I found the episode after the debut a bit stronger, but since we're only talking about the debut, I liked it to a point. It's far more comedic than I'm used to with a TMNT series, so that took some getting used to. The guys are okay, April is okay, Splinter is...NOT okay in this episode. The villains are interesting and I was very much looking forward to seeing more of the series.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I vote 1 but... I feel like I shouldn't be voting. It's like being 37 years old walking into a girl scout's meeting about which store they should hit about cookies... why am I here?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:38 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Since I can't vote 2.5, I'm just going to be nice and give it a 3.

There's technically nothing wrong with it aside from some pacing issues and lack of exposition. I did actually find the comedy funny and it's somewhat refreshing to see a pretty unique take on TMNT, but it isn't really what I want and IDW is still printing comics so I don't exactly need it for new TMNT either.

I'm sure kids will love it and I don't have a problem with that, they are the target audience and it could have been a far worse show.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I was very pleasantly surprised, the action, humor the pacing it's all great. I really dig Raph not being a broody anst-wagon with anger issues, Mikey is a lot calmer and less hyper which works great in this high octane show. I even enjoy Donnie's Bayformers staff as it's so much more fitting in a cartoon that focuses on fast paced comedy mixed with action and Leo is a fun character.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:55 AM   #6
Danetello
Stone Warrior

I was very enthused by the first long ep, and Origami Tsunami, but then the rest have been just "meh". The War and Pizza one was honestly just terrible. I don't think so early on they should be doing junk filler eps. They need to get the story started, get us excited and warmed up, but instead we went straight from the debut to eps like War and Pizza, and it just, well, sucks.
I'm hoping there's a lot more of stuff like Origami Tsunami, but they've already set them selves a dangerous bar by having a filler ep so early on.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Interesting how mixed the reception really is. The 21 votes so far are as evenly spread out as possible.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #8
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I voted a 3.

I don’t think I would give any show a perfect score. I just can’t do it. I would have done 2.5 if that was an option.

The best any show could get from me is 4 out of 5. I’m a tough judge.

I would score non-tmnt shows even harder but I’m biased to all tmnt so gave a little wiggle room.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, 2.5. Though I'm not going to be generous like others and round it up to a 3.

I wouldn't say it's 100% not my cup of tea, more that it's just bitter tea that could really be improved and I'm hopeful that it will... The things I disliked most going in are still there, but I suppose to its benefit(?) I haven't added anything else major to the list (only moderately minor gripes). Yet. (That could change if Splinter doesn't get better and April doesn't calm the hell down and back off a bit.)

It may be a comedic show, but if everyone could find their own humor and stop trying to be Mikey (esp Leo) that would be a bit of sugar for that tea...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I find it interesting though I like the drama in the 2012 one better. It’s not the best TMNT incarnation that has existed, but it is entertaining. There is still a lot of intrigue with the story surrounding Barron Draxum, and the Foot Clan.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #11
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I gave it a 3.

It was fun, funny, and somewhat hyped for more. Not cringeworthy, at least not as bad as Teen Titans Go. The humor is just overall better than the sheer stupidity that I've seen in TTG.

Don't like this Splinter at all. Hopefully he'll step up, but even then would always rank him pretty low(probably just above the Bay Splinter at best). April...is a bit psycho. Wouldn't say she has anger issues, but she seems to be quicker to pick a fight with a baddie without thinking than ANY Raphael(not a good thing really). Otherwise....I like her just fine so far.

Last edited by biganimefan; 07-24-2018 at 12:08 PM.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:01 PM   #12
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Lookit that! A nice normal distribution.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
ShindoNinja
Random Punk

I pretty much hated it - especially compared to the 2012 series. The character design is whack, the humor is juvenile and the action is just all over the place. I realize I'm not the target audience as I read the originals as a kid. Young kids will probably eat this crap up. Wow, I sound old and bitter!!!
ShindoNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #14
asfaloth12
Thug

I gave it a 3.

It was fun and quite amusing at times. The animation was great. The voice acting was decent; better than what I was expecting. Out of the turtles, Donnie and Leo are probably my favorites. I liked Raph, too. Mikey didn't make much of an impression yet. April is quite different in this show, but she seems like a lot of fun.
That said, I completely understand why somebody could dislike it.
Unfortunately,this is probably the worst version of Splinter I've seen so far. I think I may dislike him even more than 2007 Splinter. In fairness, it's still early, so maybe my mind will change further on down the road.
It is highly unlikely that this will ever be one of my favorite TMNT versions, but that's OK. I don't see myself actually buying any DVDs or episodes of this show in the future, as I did with the 2003 and 2012 series. But, it might still be fun to watch. I'll stick with it a bit longer.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #15
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

1/5. These monsters are using the name of my glorious Foot Clan when they have nothing to do with me. They are just some mutants mutated by Baron Draxum and they create some magical creatures from paper and they dare to call those freaks Foot Clan? That a SHAME! And is the first series wheere i havent appeared on any of the first episodes. Also Splinter didnt say anything about me to the turtles yet. Iam his worst enemy from 1984 till now!
Also not any of my henchmen like Hun Rocksteady Bebop Tigerclaw Bradford and Xever! GRRR!!! Or my other enemies like Baxter Stockman! Worst Worst TMNT so far! People want to see me fighting and beating turltes and other enemies. Not turtles fighting some stupid mutants. It is not suprise that most people hate it!
Old 07-27-2018, 07:43 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

I couldn’t finish the first episode. I enjoyed the heavy use of shadow and color though. Seems like an entertaining cartoon for those interested.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:14 PM   #17
funatic
Mad Scientist

Such a beautiful bell curve (and I'm currently the cherry on top with another 3/5). Love the visuals and energy so far, it's like eye-candy... but also like candy, I start to feel sick after eating it for too long.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote