The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters

Coming to Netflix in 2017 is a 26 episode Stretch Armstrong animated series. It's a teen super hero show...

Quote:
From Hasbro Studios comes an animated action/comedy series about overscheduled teenager Jake Armstrong and his two best friends. When the trio are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical, they become STRETCH ARMSTRONG and the FLEX FIGHTERS, a team of unlikely superheroes who expand beyond the confines of their lives and embark on a series of adventures.
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/28/stre...ng-to-netflix/
Old 01-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Not sure how i feel about this one...

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That certainly is something that's happening I guess.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #4
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

That's out of left field. I hope they use the 90s design, with the mullet and cut-off tank top.

I still have a Stretch Armstrong in its box somewhere. I wonder if it's turned to goo?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'll say the same thing I did when the now cancelled movie was announced a few years ago and that is that this has potential to be awesome if they realize what they have, this show can only work in a so bad its awesome kinda cheesy movie anything besides that will fail.

I've been thinking a lot about this franchise after the announcement, definitely a lot more than any sane man would have. I could try to blame it on getting nostalgic for the toy I used to have as a kid but I'm not going to think up of any excuses for myself. At least I know that this guy makes me feel I'm not alone.

This could end terrible though, if for some odd reason they decide to take it seriously and also if its treated just as a little kids movie then it'll be terrible as well. It has to be for kids but in a trippy/wacky sort of way and it'll be great. I mean the origin from the 90s commercial is he was just born that way and found out when he wanted to get some milk as a baby.

You might not know but Stretch Armstrong already has pretty extensive stuff to work from his rogues gallery: Stretch Monster, Stretch monster X (japan), Stretch Serpent, Stretch X-Ray, Super Morphman (trio), Vac-Man, Vac-monsters, Vac-Pac and Evil X-Ray Wretch Armstrong. And he's not without allies as well such as Stretch Octopus (boy and girl), Fetch(the dog) Armstrong. He also has plenty of arsenal like the Stretch-Limo, Stretch Battle-Bot without mentioning he's a ninja, army man, karate master, has gone to space and has plenty of weapons. So yeah more stuff than the any person ever thought or cared for.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:54 AM   #6
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

This will be produced by Vic Cook, who's work includes the Hellboy DTVs, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #7
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

First look at the designs.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #8
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

...huh...not...sure if I hate or like the designs or not.
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If I have to judge by that image I'm not hopeful. It's probably another little kid Netflix show trying to sell new Stretch Armstrong toys. Now that may be silly to complain about but what I mean is they seem to be going for a standard "superhero" show. Like I mentioned they either have to go full silly or it'll be a bust. I guess I'll check it out but I'm guessing it'll be similar to that new Kong cartoon.

Whatever happened to that Magic School Bus cartoon scheduled to come out this year? We've gotten announcements and releases from cartoons on Netflix since that was announced two years ago but there's absolutely no news about it, I was looking forward to it.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:09 PM   #10
snake
Disgusting

Does his dick stretch as well?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 PM   #11
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Does his dick stretch as well?
HEY-this isn't One Piece, you can't ask the creators such rampant dick questions! Seriously ANY dick question asked by the creator of One Piece was answered.
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #12
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Trailer. It comes out November 17th, so in about 15 days.

LA Comic Con panel:

Old 11-03-2017, 02:47 AM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I saw a Stretch Armstrong toy in my local TRU, but he looked like the vintage design and not the new guys
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #14
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I saw a Stretch Armstrong toy in my local TRU, but he looked like the vintage design and not the new guys
Yeah, I saw a couple at a local Target too.
Guess they’re reissueing them in time for this new show.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #15
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

They mentioned this at the panel I linked to, but there's going to be new toys for this show as well.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This looks so awful, like an mid 90s cheapo cartoon devoid fo any creativity.

Looks like I'll be watching all of it next week.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #17
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

So, this came out last weekend. Did anyone watch it?

I thought it was pretty solid, for the most part. I liked the interactions between the main characters and how they played off one another, particularly Nathan and Ricardo. The worldbuilding was also pretty nice, particularly the history of Charter City and how Rook Unlimited is changing it.

The fight sequences were okay, but I was expecting a little more, particularly from some of the people involved in the series. Also, while enjoyable, most of the season is Villain of the Week until the last four or five episodes of the series, where it all comes together.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm just getting around to watching it and it's bad. The main character designs are absolutely awful, there's nothing interesting about them. The look of most characters is really bland as well. I don't understand what they were thinking when they made this.

They took this old property without much backstory, my take would've been to just use what little they have and make a super wacky show, it can't be taken too seriously or just make something entirely new and different and just use the name, I guess that's fine as well. They took the second option but made it as vanilla as they could possibly think, these are not only boring looking generic super heroes but they have no real gimmick. Their powers are as dull as you can get, even Stretch Armstrong doesn't use his stretching abilities like Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man would so what's the point?

The two part pilot was so hard to get through, it really was just bad. The show seems like those generic mid budget cartoons we used to get in the 90s, which is actually my cup of tea but without an actual interesting character design or nostalgia or anything it's hard to get excited about anything that happens.

If the show had something that made it have an extra umph then I could totally dig the show, the other episodes are nothing special but they aren't awful and have enough in there to keep you interested. It just needs something to set it apart and give it its own identity.

I liked the interactions in school, the arching plot was very easy to predict but still cool to see it though. The villains for the most part were as unmemorable as you can get. The last few episodes are better but like I said, it's not enough.

Apparently the season order was 26 episodes so looks like I'll have to watch 13 more episodes in a few months

Edit: based on the toys released maybe they will dig into the Stretch canon like in my first post in this thread, seeing wacky stuff like that in the show would be awesome and could make me like the show. We had Stretch Monster but he didn't quite cut it the way he was used until the final episodes.

Last edited by sdp; 12-19-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #19
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Its a good if generic show, when it comes to characters and personal lives I think the show really shines and the animation and action scenes are pretty good I mean they aren't Voltron levels but they are still passable. The story could use some work and some of the villians are really lackluster
Old 01-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #20
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Their powers are as dull as you can get, even Stretch Armstrong doesn't use his stretching abilities like Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man would so what's the point?
They actually didn't want to make Stretch similar to those two so he could actually stand out among stretchy heroes and also so he wouldn't be too overpowered, in order to create actual tension in the story. Plus, so Omni-Mass and Wingspan would have their own unique stretch abilities.

It's no different than Batman or Superman cartoons nerfing those heroes to have obstacles and villains for them.