The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Man, and I thought Homecoming was a bold move...

Logan? Ok.

They should rename Defenders "Matt & Jess & Luke & Dan".
Don't forget Frankie! EVERYBODY loves Frankie.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

Lol.

Everybody Loves Frankie.

King of Hell's Kitchen.

The Fresh Prince of Harlem.

Danny in the Middle.

Don't Trust The Mutation at Alias Investigations?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Lol.

Everybody Loves Frankie.

King of Hell's Kitchen.

The Fresh Prince of Harlem.

Danny in the Middle.

Don't Trust The Mutation at Alias Investigations?
ROFL

Don't Trust the Bitch at Alias Investigations works better.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Don't rhyme tho m8.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:46 PM   #25
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I literally do not understand what Days of Future Past did to the timeline. So did it erase the events of all the movies before it or what?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I literally do not understand what Days of Future Past did to the timeline. So did it erase the events of all the movies before it or what?
Yeah it undo the 1st 3 X-Men movies, and created a new timeline in which Cyclops and Jean Grey are alive.

There are some new details about Logan.
http://www.thewrap.com/logan-wolveri...led-exclusive/

Spoiler:
“Logan” takes place in the year 2024. The film is dark. Darker than any other other “Wolverine” or “X-Men” movie.

Old Man Logan is in full effect. Logan looks bad, and drinks a lot. For work, he drives a 2024 Chrysler 300 limo that looks modified in the front to look more futuristic. He’s sick, his powers are fading, and he heals much more slowly — and sometimes not at all.

Those are some of the details TheWrap can exclusively share for “Logan,” the third Wolverine film and the last for star Hugh Jackman. On Wednesday, he and director James Mangold finally revealed the title for the film, and a poster that show’s Logan’s clawed hand held by the small hand of a child.

Mangold also tweeted out the second page of the script, which says that Logan is “older” and that “it’s clear his abilities aren’t what they once were.”

We learned further details about the from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

There’s more. Professor X (Patrick Stewart) is old and not well. His powers are unstable and at times he doesn’t even remember Logan. Stephen Merchant plays the Albino mutant Caliban, who helps Logan take care of Professor X.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #27
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah it undo the 1st 3 X-Men movies, and created a new timeline in which Cyclops and Jean Grey are alive.

Spoiler:
“Logan” takes place in the year 2024. The film is dark. Darker than any other other “Wolverine” or “X-Men” movie.

Old Man Logan is in full effect. Logan looks bad, and drinks a lot. For work, he drives a 2024 Chrysler 300 limo that looks modified in the front to look more futuristic. He’s sick, his powers are fading, and he heals much more slowly — and sometimes not at all.

Those are some of the details TheWrap can exclusively share for “Logan,” the third Wolverine film and the last for star Hugh Jackman. On Wednesday, he and director James Mangold finally revealed the title for the film, and a poster that show’s Logan’s clawed hand held by the small hand of a child.

Mangold also tweeted out the second page of the script, which says that Logan is “older” and that “it’s clear his abilities aren’t what they once were.”

We learned further details about the from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

There’s more. Professor X (Patrick Stewart) is old and not well. His powers are unstable and at times he doesn’t even remember Logan. Stephen Merchant plays the Albino mutant Caliban, who helps Logan take care of Professor X.
i'm sure i'll end up seeing it.
sure the continuity and time-lines are totally fubar, but i still find these movies mostly entertaining.
'ccept for that scene in 'Apocalypse' where they had Angel's wing's transforming into metal to Metallica's 'Four Horsemen'!!!
that was MAD corny!!!!
should have played Slayer's 'Angel of Death'!!!

a minor nit pick, but i stand by it!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #28
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

Spoiler:

What about the first 2 Wolverines and First Class?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
What about the first 2 Wolverines and First Class?
I think it also undo the two Wolverine movies, We have a new timeline, and Wolverine's origin is different from what we saw in X-Men Apocalypse, He was still part of Weapon X, but under different circumstances.

When Wolverine wakes up at the end of Days Of Future Past, He has no memory of the new timeline, he only remembers the old one, and that's when Prof X asked him, what's the last thing you remember.

So I assume Prof X filled Wolverine in on what happened in the new timeline, and this new Wolverine movie is from the new timeline, but many years in the future.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The timeline has become a huge clusterf-ck, just google it and see the image infographics trying to make sense of it all. But if you really think about it all that mess ironically makes it more faithful to its source material.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:00 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
When Wolverine wakes up at the end of Days Of Future Past, He has no memory of the new timeline, he only remembers the old one, and that's when Prof X asked him, what's the last thing you remember.
Which is fine, but it sucks for the Wolverine that'd been living in that body since the moment Future Wolverine vacated it in the 70s.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
In theory, it could only have erased all things except for the pre-70s "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" scenes and, of course, "X-Men: First Class." Literally the only carry over is Wolverine, who will wake up with the original Wolverine's (from the original, undamaged timeline) memories at whatever point in the near future Days of Future Past's ending takes place.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the first image of Old Professor X.
https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/7...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

He hasn't aged well in the new timeline.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #34
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I never realized Patrick Stewart could look old!
I guess they're saying "screw it" and jumping ANOTHER ten years ahead in the timeline.
So it's like 2033 or some sh!t like that.
Or maybe they don't even care anymore.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I still haven't even seen Apocalypse. I've lost so much interest in this franchise.

Tell me Sabretooth is in it, bringing back the guy from Origins, and I'll be interested.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:43 AM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I never realized Patrick Stewart could look old!
I guess they're saying "screw it" and jumping ANOTHER ten years ahead in the timeline.
So it's like 2033 or some sh!t like that.
Or maybe they don't even care anymore.
It will take place in 2024.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It will take place in 2024.
Which is... right about when the "present"/near future seen at the end of DofP would be. So basically, within 5 years of the end of DofP, Wolverine deteriorates rapidly and Professor X ages 40 more years.

Sooo soooo stupid.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The timeline has become a huge clusterf-ck, just google it and see the image infographics trying to make sense of it all. But if you really think about it all that mess ironically makes it more faithful to its source material.
HA! I'm so glad I scrolled up, because this is exactly what I was going to say.
Thank you for saying it better than I could.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #39
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The X-Men films have honestly never cared about consistency. I don't know why I'm always surprised when they make decisions like this.

These two men have played the same character, by the way. That's how little they give a f*ck.

TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #40
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Of all the things the X-Men movies would do justice, it was the continuity clusterf*ck of Superhero comics.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smoothcriminalsdownunder