The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #1341
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder why they gave him a black girlfriend in the first place. Not that I’m complaining but it felt like it was just added for some representation.
I don't think it goes this deep. Can't someone...just be black? Even in our current political climate, this is a reach.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #1342
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
And the Blu-ray is coming out on May 19 as well.
https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/statu...93943254585344
Old 03-20-2020, 06:05 PM   #1343
sdp
-

This is great for Sonic, sure it didn't get the last few legs of its theatrical run but it'll do bang busters with people at home and this is a recent movie that had great reception.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:42 PM   #1344
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don't think it goes this deep. Can't someone...just be black? Even in our current political climate, this is a reach.
Yeah this isn't like... I don't know 10 or 15 years ago where people married people of different races was a hot button issue or whatever, but by now it's just so commonplace a white guy dating a black girl doesn't really count as 'woke' anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:34 AM   #1345
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Sonic was lucky to come out when it did. It was going to make so much more without the coronavirus. Still I’m glad it proved to be a hit without being released everywhere.

Hope it does well digitally too. I want the Blu Ray.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #1346
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Hollywood should learn from this and Detective Pikachu how to make a good live action video game movie done right..
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #1347
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a Deleted Scene featuring Baby Sonic from the Sonic The Hedgehog Movie. Most of the FX is unfinished.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #1348
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You're a deleted scene.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:36 PM   #1349
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the full deleted scene.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:21 PM   #1350
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Original design Baby Sonic is pretty cute. Even with unfinished cgi. The plushie they made is a nice match.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #1351
AquaParade
Banned

I got 20 minutes into this before my tv glitched and turned off.
Didn't bother turning it back on.
The movie seems completely fine and pleasing for kids, but I think I'm done with it unless anyone can vouch for it improving radically.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:06 PM   #1352
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I assume you just rented it. Don’t movies last 48 hours on Demand? Just finish it. It’s a good movie. More so if you really like Sonic to begin with.

Why waste a purchase by only watching 20 minutes for any movie?
Old 04-03-2020, 02:04 AM   #1353
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
The movie seems completely fine and pleasing for kids, but I think I'm done with it unless anyone can vouch for it improving radically.
It's a perfectly fine film and not bad for a video game based movie which is rare. It's entertaining but not amazing. I think you'll enjoy it for what it's worth.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #1354
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I don’t remember what happened only 20 minutes in but did Sonic even do anything yet? First scene I remember really liking was the car chase when Eggman was chasing them with machines on the road. The movie improves from there on out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #1355
AquaParade
Banned

It's not that I found the movie bad. It's just that the comedy didn't appeal to me. And there is a lot of it. I may check it out again and report back if I feel inspired.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #1356
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

No rush. Like I said, it's fine for what it was. It's not one of those movies you need to watch more than once and the plot is and humor is kinda what you'd expect from a kids film. It's just something of a good time. To be honest between the two video game based movies, I found Detective Pikachu to be the more enjoyable film to watch. That is if you have a well enough interest in Pokemon.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #1357
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
No rush. Like I said, it's fine for what it was. It's not one of those movies you need to watch more than once and the plot is and humor is kinda what you'd expect from a kids film. It's just something of a good time. To be honest between the two video game based movies, I found Detective Pikachu to be the more enjoyable film to watch. That is if you have a well enough interest in Pokemon.
I loved the movie. This is what happens when the makers of the movies listen to the fans.

I liked Detective Pikachu too. But I liked the Sonic Movie more because I'm more familiar with Sonic than Pokemon.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #1358
Leo656
The Franchise

So am I correct in guessing that some'a y'all are just gonna pester Aqua until he says he watched the movie and liked it as much as you did? Just curious.

If I were him I'd lie and be done with it already. "Yeah, I watched it, it was awesome! Now get off my case about it!"

To paraphrase a meme: "Shhhhhhh. Let people NOT enjoy things."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #1359
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So am I correct in guessing that some'a y'all are just gonna pester Aqua until he says he watched the movie and liked it as much as you did? Just curious.
Nope, I got my fill from the film and as a fan of the hedgehog, even I don't think it's a "must see right away" movie, despite the fact that I enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I loved the movie. This is what happens when the makers of the movies listen to the fans.

I liked Detective Pikachu too. But I liked the Sonic Movie more because I'm more familiar with Sonic than Pokemon.
That's fine. I like Sonic more than Pokemon as well but I still found Detective Pikachu more enjoyable.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:48 AM   #1360
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Hmmmm, so Tyson Hesse, the guy who did the redesign for Sonic in the movie, confirmed the leader of the echidna tribe in that one scene (his design is different than the other echidnas, and he fires the arrow that kills Longclaw) Was Pachacamac, the echidna chief from Sonic adventure. I wonder if he will be the big bad in this version, allying with robotnik, and trying to obtain the power of the Chaos emeralds for conquest, only to unleash Perfect Chaos on the world.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote